Vichy Purete Thermale Hydrating and Cleansing Foaming Cream

3.0

on 12/22/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited March 21 2017:
I don't use this product anymore. It's too drying-harsh and irritating for my skin. I found that after each uses my skin started becoming more dry-dehydrated. At first it was nice and perfect even, but after using it twice everyday for a few months, it was making my skin more irritated. I think if you don't use it often it should be fine or if you have oilier skin or skin that is more resilient and who needs something stronger. I'm now using a gentle cleanser instead. This cleanser is definitely a no-no if you use prescription cream or acne medication and so on. So be careful.

Also, I noticed that it sometimes made my skin itch (red bumps would suddenly appears and go away... and they itches a lot) I think my skin didn't like something in this cleanser and reacted that way. So if you have sensitive skin you might have the same reaction.

----

FYI: They changed the packaging and updated the formula.

I have normal to combination skin that is also acne-prone and sensitive. I just started using this cleanser for about a few days and the results were impressive! I love the creamy-foaming texture. My skin looked brighter and smoother every time I washed my face with this product. Skin is not dry at all, no tight feeling. When I touched my face there was no residue at all. No greasiness... Nothing. It was just smooth. Of course I will have to follow up with my serum and moisturizer, but you don't feel the need to apply them quickly.

My skin is not flaky or red. It looks healthy and plumped. Not sure which ingredient in this cleanser does that... It always seems like my skin has been exfoliated. Though this cleanser is not an exfoliant.

This is the first cleanser I fell in love with. I tried Cetaphil, Cerave, Neutrogena, Acne.org, etc. But none can't compare to this Vichy cleanser. Most of them either made my skin breakout/redder or was too drying/tight/irritating. I couldn't find one that would suit my skin.

I never thought about using Vichy products since they contain fragrance. But I had no reaction to it and actually had better results on my skin than when I was using fragrance-free products. So I guess it's not that bad. My mom recommended this product to me because I was having bad skin. I gave up on products and didn't think I could find a good cleanser so I just washed with water for a month, but my skin became worse... it was expected... (clogged pores, acne spots and dehydrated-combination skin). This cleanser definitely keeps my skin clear since the impurities are washed away AND without dryness. No breakout, in fact I believe it helped to clear them.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you have the avoid the eye contour area. (It is stated in the instructions on the back of the product) I just massage the cleanser all around my face being careful around my eyes and rinse with water. If you wear makeup on your eyes you would need to use another cleanser for that.

It is also stated on their website that this cleanser is for normal, combination and oily skin type. If you have dry or very dry skin, you might not be able to use it. It could be too drying for you. You would need to test it out first.

Ingredients: AQUA / WATER • GLYCERIN • MYRISTIC ACID • STEARIC ACID • PALMITIC ACID • LAURIC ACID • POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE • SODIUM LAUROYL SARCOSINATE • SORBITAN PALMITATE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT • PHENOXYETHANOL • DISODIUM EDTA • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Wow - I feel like I am the only one who doesn't like this cleanser! I find it to be very stripping. Ingredients are cheap and harsh - with a list of ingredients like this, the high price I paid isn't justified. This product stings like heck if it gets into my eyes so I can't use it to remove eye make up - kind of defeats the purpose of a cleanser. It also leaves my face feeling a little tight and filmy, kind of like the feeling you get on your skin after using bar soap. I will begrudgingly use this up but I will not be buying this crap ever again! Back to my NUDE cleansing oil and CeraVe foaming cleanser!

on 12/23/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have a dry and sensitive skin that get red easily. I liked this product, but I think it would be better for oily skin as I felt it was kind of too drying for me. It's creamy and it does lather well, and the smell is soft and pretty, but I just didn't find it that good to repurchase it again. It's good though, just not good enough to repurchase.

on 10/9/2012 8:47:00 PM

This is a fairly thorough, foaming cleanser with a great, cushiony texture that works well with my Clarisonic. Years ago, I purchased some Vichy skincare products while in France and found them to be horribly, obnoxiously fragranced. When I tested this cleanser recently in my local Ulta, I was surprised to find the fragrance to be very mild. Probably better for oilier skins than dry. The only negative is that it irritates my eyes slightly.