Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion
Enter TitleSuper Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

4.1

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Paraben, Disodium Succinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate.

on 7/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was on the fence on this initially. After reading and rereading so many reviews from various sites, it seems like this product is a hit or miss for everyone - its either a HG or you break out terribly from it. It took me many weeks of to-buy or not-to-buy and eventually I took the plunge.

Got the refill pack of the Light version during a promo simply because it literally cost less than half the price of the full packaging, with the same amount of product and loaded it into a spritz bottle. It was probably on promo cause it's expiring in less than a year.

I tested it on my neck twice a day -I was terrified of the bad reviews and after a week, it seemed fine so I proceeded with my face.

I'm not sure how many drops one spritz equals to, but I spray it on my damp forehead, both cheeks, chin and neck, slap/pat it in till it gets sticky, then dries. I do this twice if I have the time. Followed by The Ordinary Niacinamide and Caolion Freshly Cream moisturizer. Unlike many reviewers who calls this HG, I didn't feel the instant wow factor. Honestly not sure it does much for my face.

I only felt a significant difference when I used it on my arms and legs. My skin was really dried out with dry patches after using Nature Republic's Aloe Gel but I was still adamant on finishing up the product that I filled into a 50ml bottle (before giving away the rest of the huge tub) - everytime I used it, my skin got drier. So I spritzed the HL lotion on before applying the aloe (I know I should have just binned it), and the next day the dry patches were actually gone!

So perhaps my face isn't dry enough to show a significant difference, but at least I know it works on me. I guess I would repurchase unless I find something more intriguing when this finishes.

Ok first of all, this is NOT a lotion. It's like a very thin serum or thick essence, so I was super put-off at first, but I still gave it 4 lippies because I ended up finding a good use for it. I use it for DIY hydrating sheet masks and I LOVE it for that. Otherwise it could also be a good basic hydrating essence. Personally I prefer an essence that that does more than just hydrate, like Amazonia's neroli blossom toner with all the barrier repair, anti-aging, niacinamide, etc. Obviously that's going to be way more of a powerhouse, but it is of course more expensive as well.

on 7/4/2018 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Just like everyone says, apply this on wet skin immediately after cleansing.

This is one of the best humectant based toner I've tried. Humectants attract moisture from the external environment and the deeper part of the skin to hydrate skin. Theoretically and IME, I like to apply this after pruny skin when you shower to retain majority of the water then seal all of that with an occlusive. It is formulated with 3 different types of hyaluronic acid, 2 of which penetrates the skin due to their smaller particle size.

I love this product because of those 3 gold standard humectants with no added plant extracts and silicones. Most more expensive and popular asian toners are loaded with plant extracts, silicones or other ingredients that disagree with my highly reactive skin. Price does not always equate with quality. Especially within the realm of skincare, where every single ingredient is Your Mileage May Vary due to individual skin composition. I have 2 shoe boxes full of cosmetics from Drugstore and High-end, most of which breaks me out. As a person with highly sensitve/acne-prone/oily skin, I must curate plant ingredients to ensure that my skin does not get irritated. The only extracts my skin can tolerate are green tea and licorice. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid lotion is void of unpurified plant ingredients, which then allows me to add licorice and green tea extract to cater to my needs.

This toner/essence made a big difference for someone like me who needs hydration and reacts badly from 14 different oils and silicones. The only oil my skin likes is watermelon seed oil. I pair this with retinol in the pm and soothing occlusives (allantoin and colloidal oatmeal gel). My skin feels smooth, soothed as well as hydrated.

HG product for me. I am eyeing the Hada Labo Premium lotion because it has 5 different types of Hyaluronic acid and has a thicker consistency.

NOTE: If Butylene Glycol breaks you out then this is not the product for you.

on 7/1/2018 1:45:00 AM

UPDATE 7/5/2018: This is for the reviewer after me, who thinks that this lotion contains nothing but clean ingredients. Here is the translated list from my Japanese label of ingredients, so you can see for yourself that this is not an organic, pure skin care product:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolized Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetyl Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, PPG-10 methyl glucose ether, Disodium Succinate, Hydroxyethyl cellulose, Succinic Acid, Methylparaben.

I was really surprised to see so many reviews on this toner/lotion from Western women. This is an average product in Japan, not great, not bad. The kind of toner you get when you’re tight on cash and can’t afford a better product. I mean, there are so many, much better options in Japan, that this never really caught my eye, so when I saw so many rave reviews from my Western gals, I thought let me try it to see what the fuss is about. Even the sales rep at my local drugstore laughed and was shocked to hear that this was raved about abroad. I have combination skin, so I tried it in winter, to give it a fair shot at displaying its moisturizing properties. It was okay, as I said before, not great, not bad, I’ve seen better, but heck, it was like 5 bucks for a bottle, so can’t complain much, at that price point. After a while, I started getting little white bumps on my face, because the product was too rich for me and it began to irritate my skin. So I stopped using it and applied it to my chest and back instead, but after a week I started getting big cysts and white heads there as well. I think this might work better if you have dry skin, but for me it’s a pass.

on 5/31/2018 6:30:00 AM

I have been using this after cleansing morning and night for about 4 months now. I usually apply 2 - 3 layers each time and still have approximately half a bottle left.

I love this. It's been life changing for my skin. I used to have to apply a hydrating primer and mix my foundation with rosehip oil before I apply foundation to avoid my cheeks getting flaky.

Now I no longer have to worry about flaky skin and mixing my foundation with a moisturiser.

This is a must try if you have dry and dehydrated skin like me.

on 5/26/2018 8:56:00 PM

LOVE this! Seriously one of my favourite products ever! Although it's described as a toner, it's very different to the astringent alcohol-based products sold in the West. Instead, it acts as a humectant layer to use before heavier creams or gels.
It's a clear, runny liquid with a slight viscosity to it and a smooth "slip" texture to it. I use it straight after washing my face so my skin doesn't get dry and irritated from stripping cleansers, a few drops patted into the skin is all that's needed. Then comes any treatments and serums, moisturiser, and then sunblock if I'm going out.

There is a light form recommened for oily and acne-prone skin, but I didn't like it as much. There are also a few other lines, like a whitening one with vitamin C and an anti-aging one with retinol in it.

Now that I'm in my 20s, my skin needs to be looked after and kept well hydrated to stave off signs of premature aging. I can't just throw any old harsh product at it like I did as a teenager. This product is wonderful, is moisturising without being heavy or cloying and doesn't worsen my acne. I also love that you can buy refill packs for this product that look like juice sachets, so that you can continue to use the first bottle you get and reduce plastic waste. Such an unexpected but appreciated bonus!

Costs me around £10/170ml bottle and lasts me 2-3 months with twice daily use.

on 5/24/2018 8:57:00 PM

Has made the biggest difference to my skin - the Moist version that is, as there is also a "light" version.

So hydrating, my skin is baby soft, but you have to make sure to put it around/over/even under a watery product, especially if you live in a dry climate.

I like the price, too. Super good value and you only need a few drops.

I have been using it for years, i have used many many bottles and I just can’t be without. I use daily in the morning and in the evening as part or my routine (1st step of many ;) )
On its own it’s not enough but combined with other stuff I use keeps my skin in a very good condition. Definitely recommended!

on 4/27/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product since 2013, it blends so well. It makes your skin smooth...

on 4/10/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Made me feel very hydrated but gave terrible bumps and acne. Not for those sensitive to butylene glycol.