HADA LABO Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

HADA LABO Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion
Enter TitleSuper Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

4.1

Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Methyl Paraben, Disodium Succinate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate.

on 9/20/2018 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The first japanese product that i have ever tried. It's just an okay product nothing special. But i dont think that it can be a solution for dry skin since my skin is still dry and even flaky in the winter when using it. It's lightweight so it will work for oily skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does anyone else experience excessive dehydration each time using hyaluronic acid beauty products?
HadaLabo isn't the first one I've tried, but the results are always the same. My skin gets sand like and peels off tremendously.
Hyaluronic acid supposes to be moisturizing. I've tried it in different climates, with different creams, but it has the strongest peeling effect on my skin (like 'at dermatologist procedure').
It doesn't work for me at all but by the amount of the peeling, I get from this one compared to other hyaluronic acids I can say this lotion is potent!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

During my pregnancy, I am just soo lazy to take care of my skin. I also hate the smell of my skin care. I only managed to put this on while holding my breath. My skin was okay and still moisturized. Not as much as it used to, but it did not break out either. Still using this in my lazy routine. This actually makes my skin more supple. I use this with the moisturizer on non lazy days and that combo works much better (even more supple skin).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first and only hydrating toner I've ever tried, so I have nothing to compare it to. That being said, I will assert that this product transformed my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin that would quickly become visibly flaky. If I went a day without moisturizing, my skin would almost start to burn from the dryness. It would slough off in sheets when I'd get in the shower and run my hands over my face.

I'd used heavy moisturizers for years, thinking that my skin would just magically drink everything in and normalize (drink in what exactly, I didn't know). But thick creams only had a temporary effect, that seemed to last only a few hours after applying them. After watching several videos about the difference between skin dryness (lack of oil/moisture), and skin dehydration (lack of water), I began to think that maybe dehydration was my problem. I came to understand that the real purpose of a moisturizer is to help your skin retain hydration, but what is your skin retaining when it's not properly hydrated?

Since I've started using this product, my skin feels soft, hydrated, comfortable, and looks healthy. I've tried going days without using any products on my skin, and it still feels like normal skin. I recently overhauled my entire skincare regimen, so I can't credit the change entirely to this product, but this is certainly one of my staples. I switch it up depending on the weather, but year round I use a gentle cleanser, this toner, then a serum, then a lighter moisturizer. Using thin layers of products that address my skincare needs, as opposed to one thick layer of heavy cream and expecting it to do everything, has made a world of difference in my skin. Sure, you can find creams that contain humectants, emollients, and occlusives, but using separate products for different purposes has been most effective for me.

If you have chronically dry and dehydrated skin, please try this product.

on 8/29/2018 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a product that lives up to the hype for me. I used the original version (hydrating/moist) and it is a great product. I was looking for something to add hydration to my skin (normal-dehydrated) and this fits the bill perfectly. I use this after cleansing my face as the first step before other products. It's very light in texture which is better for those using it in the AM. Some hyaluronic acid serums can be quite thick and sticky - but this isn't at all.
I have actually just started using the premium version (in the yellow/gold) bottle as I had used up the original version so wanted to be able to compare the two. I will probably write a review of the premium version once I have used it for a few weeks.
I do however highly recommend the original version as it caused no breakouts or reactions, has a great texture and actually adds moisture and luminosity to my skin.
I will 100% repurchase and it has become a staple in my skincare routine now :)

on 8/24/2018 3:43:00 AM

Holy grail for hydrating toners. I have very dehydrated skin and this does wonders. Cheap too ($20 Cad) compared to the toners you would find at Sephora. It also has three different types of hyaluronic acid for max hydration. Unscented so not a concern for those with fragrance sensitivities.

on 7/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was on the fence on this initially. After reading and rereading so many reviews from various sites, it seems like this product is a hit or miss for everyone - its either a HG or you break out terribly from it. It took me many weeks of to-buy or not-to-buy and eventually I took the plunge.

Got the refill pack of the Light version during a promo simply because it literally cost less than half the price of the full packaging, with the same amount of product and loaded it into a spritz bottle. It was probably on promo cause it's expiring in less than a year.

I tested it on my neck twice a day -I was terrified of the bad reviews and after a week, it seemed fine so I proceeded with my face.

I'm not sure how many drops one spritz equals to, but I spray it on my damp forehead, both cheeks, chin and neck, slap/pat it in till it gets sticky, then dries. I do this twice if I have the time. Followed by The Ordinary Niacinamide and Caolion Freshly Cream moisturizer. Unlike many reviewers who calls this HG, I didn't feel the instant wow factor. Honestly not sure it does much for my face.

I only felt a significant difference when I used it on my arms and legs. My skin was really dried out with dry patches after using Nature Republic's Aloe Gel but I was still adamant on finishing up the product that I filled into a 50ml bottle (before giving away the rest of the huge tub) - everytime I used it, my skin got drier. So I spritzed the HL lotion on before applying the aloe (I know I should have just binned it), and the next day the dry patches were actually gone!

So perhaps my face isn't dry enough to show a significant difference, but at least I know it works on me. I guess I would repurchase unless I find something more intriguing when this finishes.

Ok first of all, this is NOT a lotion. It's like a very thin serum or thick essence, so I was super put-off at first, but I still gave it 4 lippies because I ended up finding a good use for it. I use it for DIY hydrating sheet masks and I LOVE it for that. Otherwise it could also be a good basic hydrating essence. Personally I prefer an essence that that does more than just hydrate, like Amazonia's neroli blossom toner with all the barrier repair, anti-aging, niacinamide, etc. Obviously that's going to be way more of a powerhouse, but it is of course more expensive as well.

on 7/4/2018 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Just like everyone says, apply this on wet skin immediately after cleansing.

This is one of the best humectant based toner I've tried. Humectants attract moisture from the external environment and the deeper part of the skin to hydrate skin. Theoretically and IME, I like to apply this after pruny skin when you shower to retain majority of the water then seal all of that with an occlusive. It is formulated with 3 different types of hyaluronic acid, 2 of which penetrates the skin due to their smaller particle size.

I love this product because of those 3 gold standard humectants with no added plant extracts and silicones. Most more expensive and popular asian toners are loaded with plant extracts, silicones or other ingredients that disagree with my highly reactive skin. Price does not always equate with quality. Especially within the realm of skincare, where every single ingredient is Your Mileage May Vary due to individual skin composition. I have 2 shoe boxes full of cosmetics from Drugstore and High-end, most of which breaks me out. As a person with highly sensitve/acne-prone/oily skin, I must curate plant ingredients to ensure that my skin does not get irritated. The only extracts my skin can tolerate are green tea and licorice. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid lotion is void of unpurified plant ingredients, which then allows me to add licorice and green tea extract to cater to my needs.

This toner/essence made a big difference for someone like me who needs hydration and reacts badly from 14 different oils and silicones. The only oil my skin likes is watermelon seed oil. I pair this with retinol in the pm and soothing occlusives (allantoin and colloidal oatmeal gel). My skin feels smooth, soothed as well as hydrated.

HG product for me. I am eyeing the Hada Labo Premium lotion because it has 5 different types of Hyaluronic acid and has a thicker consistency.

NOTE: If Butylene Glycol breaks you out then this is not the product for you.

on 7/1/2018 1:45:00 AM

UPDATE 7/5/2018: This is for the reviewer after me, who thinks that this lotion contains nothing but clean ingredients. Here is the translated list from my Japanese label of ingredients, so you can see for yourself that this is not an organic, pure skin care product:

Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolized Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetyl Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, PPG-10 methyl glucose ether, Disodium Succinate, Hydroxyethyl cellulose, Succinic Acid, Methylparaben.

I was really surprised to see so many reviews on this toner/lotion from Western women. This is an average product in Japan, not great, not bad. The kind of toner you get when you’re tight on cash and can’t afford a better product. I mean, there are so many, much better options in Japan, that this never really caught my eye, so when I saw so many rave reviews from my Western gals, I thought let me try it to see what the fuss is about. Even the sales rep at my local drugstore laughed and was shocked to hear that this was raved about abroad. I have combination skin, so I tried it in winter, to give it a fair shot at displaying its moisturizing properties. It was okay, as I said before, not great, not bad, I’ve seen better, but heck, it was like 5 bucks for a bottle, so can’t complain much, at that price point. After a while, I started getting little white bumps on my face, because the product was too rich for me and it began to irritate my skin. So I stopped using it and applied it to my chest and back instead, but after a week I started getting big cysts and white heads there as well. I think this might work better if you have dry skin, but for me it’s a pass.