Neostrata Toning Solution Level 2 (10% Glycolic Acid, 2% Salicylic Acid)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.4

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract, Fragrence.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has done wonders for my under the skin bumps and closed comedones but used daily or every other day has been very drying for my skin. I have now backed off to 1-2 times weekly and my skin has been much less dry.

on 6/13/2016 10:15:00 PM

Anyone help me? How do we use the ff?
1. Neostrata acne gel cleanser
2. Neostrata clarifying solution
3. Neostrata clarifying lotion
4. Neostrata glycolic renewal smoothing lotion 5%?
What would be my routine AM and PM?

This product is amazing. Especially for cystic acne sufferers who have lost faith in drug store brands. Burns slightly on application but the results are noticeable and this product is well worth the money. I picked this up following an awful outbreak and was taking doxycycline + applying tactupump, yet still did not have breakouts under control. This has played a large role in managing breakouts and fading hyperpigmentation. Highly recommended!

on 2/22/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm on my second bottle right now and this is on of my favourite skin care products. It keeps larger pimples and breakouts away and if i notice i have a pimple coming in, using this instantly causes it to reduce in size. If you're not one to keep up with a day to day face wash, just using this and some cotton pads will strip your skin of all the dirt and oil before you moisturize for the night. As it is a toner, it strips your skin of dirt and moisture so using a cream after is pretty essential.
Overall i love this product or keeping my skin consistent and clear~

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

The results have not been dramatic. In fact, I'm not too sure if I have any results at all. It does not work at all on actual pimples, only on small breakouts (I think, haven't determined if they just went away on their own) - like the patches of little bumps - but anything that is comedone or bigger was not affected by the toner. I also can't say if my scars have been fading faster. But again, I have only been using this for two weeks now. I will continue to use this for a while longer and hopefully, get more results.

This stuff can be extremely drying. I apply it in my T-zone using my fingers and then let it sit on my face for 30 minutes before I apply anything it. The reason I wait is so the product does not get dragged by my moisturizer onto my cheeks or my eyes which are both very dry and sensitive (I have combination skin). When I first started using this, I didn't wait and found my skin to be really dry the next morning. Waiting definitely helps.

Will update in two more weeks.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product is AMAZING.
I've had extremely clogged up pores and have been experiencing these "under the skin" acne that would not respond to multiple products I have tried in the past. My friend recommended this product and I decided to pick it up from Shoppers. I started with the level 1, to ease my skin into it, then slowly introduced level 2. It did burn my skin a bit and left my face looking red which subsided after a few minutes. After using it for a few weeks, the little bumps on my face began to clear up! After years of trying different products, going to skincare clinics to get rid of the bumps, this seems to be the only solution that really unclogged my pores and eliminate the gunk! They recently repackaged the toner which is great and cost-efficient (more product now in the bottle).

I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND.

on 5/27/2013 7:23:00 PM

My HG for sure. Both the 8% and this 10% works well and are the only products that has helped my acne which I have been trying to treat for 8 years. I was skeptical towards using the 10% with 2% SA because salicylic acid generally doesn't do much for me at all. It did take at least a week or two for my skin to get used to the 10%. I also use this for my chest acne and it works great as well. I think the toning solution 2 is more effective on my body than the toning solution 1 was. Both are good products. highly recommend!

on 2/26/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

This stuff is..amazing. I stumbled on this after using basically everything in the world to fix my acne: antibiotic creams, retinoids, oral antibiotics, natural stuff (tea tree, tamanu, turmeric, lemon juice, rosehip, lavender) - and it works. I have the "level 3" toner now (worked up from level 2) and use it in combination with the "level 3" oil-free smoothing lotion (also AMAZING). Use twice a day on a cotton pad and yes, it totally stings super bad..but you can see it work. Hyperpigmentation spots just peel off, have way less clogged pores and basically no blackheads.

I started using this stuff while travelling a LOT for school interviews (12 places in 2 weeks), wearing tons of makeup for these interviews every day. I usually break out like crazy (adding the stress and bad diet and travelling) - this made my skin somehow look BETTER after all that.

The cons? It is costly, and not "natural" at all.

Bottom line: worth every penny.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit- cleared up my congested pimply forehead within the space of several days. Brightens a bit, and used overnight with no face cream on alternate nights. Am on my second bottle. --- It makes my skin clearer when it gets congested. I think it refines pores too. However, it burns upon application! I will not repurchase because acne is not a norm for me, and if I use a toner in future, I would like it to have whitening/brightening benefits- i have an uneven skintone and that is my main concern, not acne. In terms of exfoliation and brightening, Dermalogica Microfoliant gives me visible results, so once my Neostrata is gone i won't bother getting another bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product because it gets rid of pimples faster than anything I've ever tried. It also lasts a long time and is definitely worth the $30. It seems to help get rid of scarring also. I don't find it irritating either, and I'm on my second bottle of this.