Neostrata Toning Solution Level 2 (10% Glycolic Acid, 2% Salicylic Acid)

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract, Fragrence.

on 2/26/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

This stuff is..amazing. I stumbled on this after using basically everything in the world to fix my acne: antibiotic creams, retinoids, oral antibiotics, natural stuff (tea tree, tamanu, turmeric, lemon juice, rosehip, lavender) - and it works. I have the "level 3" toner now (worked up from level 2) and use it in combination with the "level 3" oil-free smoothing lotion (also AMAZING). Use twice a day on a cotton pad and yes, it totally stings super bad..but you can see it work. Hyperpigmentation spots just peel off, have way less clogged pores and basically no blackheads.

I started using this stuff while travelling a LOT for school interviews (12 places in 2 weeks), wearing tons of makeup for these interviews every day. I usually break out like crazy (adding the stress and bad diet and travelling) - this made my skin somehow look BETTER after all that.

The cons? It is costly, and not "natural" at all.

Bottom line: worth every penny.

on 2/8/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this toner in combination with Level 2 Smoothing cream and Anti-wrinkle cream for months. I love these products. Keeps my skin hydrated, but stops break outs.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Let me just start by saying I was a long time user of ProActiv and it stopped working...boo, my skin has recently had a major break out which I have not seen in years! So I was in a state of 'now what'?

I first tried the Oil Free Wash by Neostrata...too strong! Bad for my skin! Dried it out immensly. I hesitantly moved onto this, obviously being the cleanser had 4% glycolic acid and this had 10! Plus the salycilic acid.

But after just one use I noticed my skin felt softer, more supple and clean. Now after a week of using morning and night and cleansing with Shiseido's Purness Foaming Cleanser, my skin has changed drastically. My blackheads are almost non-existant, my existing breakouts have calmed waaay down and are clearing up and my skin is super smooth. No dryness or irritaion whatsoever!

I am eager to see how this keeps my mildly acne prone, sensitive skin clear. I will update in a few weeks :)