Neostrata Toning Solution Level 2 (10% Glycolic Acid, 2% Salicylic Acid)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.1

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract, Fragrence.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Holy grail skincare product for me, which is why I keep buying it, even though it costs $30 a bottle when it's not on sale. Before I started using this, I suffered from terrible breakouts - the kind that start deep under your skin and take forever to heal. I was also a mess of blackheads, acne scarring and dullness. Enter this stuff about a year and a half ago (FYI it's called Acne Clear Clarifying Solution now, but it's exact the same product as Toning Solution Level 2), and my skin has never been better (I'm 37 btw). I rarely break out, and when I do, a concentrated shot of this stuff clears the problem right up. My skin is smoother and more uniform in appearance. Blackheads are totally gone.

Two things to keep in mind - if you have sensitive skin (as I do) it stings like a mofo. The stinging doesn't last long, but, damn! Ouch. I use it twice a day now but had to work my skin up to that amount gradually. Also, remember to always, always, always use a sunscreen after you use this as it leaves your skin extra sensitive to the sun!

on 6/13/2016 10:15:00 PM

Anyone help me? How do we use the ff?
1. Neostrata acne gel cleanser
2. Neostrata clarifying solution
3. Neostrata clarifying lotion
4. Neostrata glycolic renewal smoothing lotion 5%?
What would be my routine AM and PM?

on 5/6/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First of all this product is not for everyone. Just because you have oily skin that does not automatically mean you need this product. I have oily skin but if I use it every day it is too much for MY skin. I use this for spot treatments to help stop pimples in their tracks. I find it to be Amazing!! It is strong but effective.

on 2/23/2016 2:47:00 PM

I bought this when the value of the Canadian dollar plummeted deep, down into the depths of the earth, and I could not longer afford my beloved Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, possibly the best skin care product for acne ever invented. Does it work? Yes. It exfoliates and unblocks pores. Does it burn like a mofo? Yes. (To be fair, I have really sensitive skin.) After several seconds of pain, everything settles down. I've never had any burning or irritation with PC. So I will continue to repurchase this somewhat against my will for the moment because of the cost, but am keeping an eye out for alternatives.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product is AMAZING.
I've had extremely clogged up pores and have been experiencing these "under the skin" acne that would not respond to multiple products I have tried in the past. My friend recommended this product and I decided to pick it up from Shoppers. I started with the level 1, to ease my skin into it, then slowly introduced level 2. It did burn my skin a bit and left my face looking red which subsided after a few minutes. After using it for a few weeks, the little bumps on my face began to clear up! After years of trying different products, going to skincare clinics to get rid of the bumps, this seems to be the only solution that really unclogged my pores and eliminate the gunk! They recently repackaged the toner which is great and cost-efficient (more product now in the bottle).

I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

oh LAWD when I first used this product my face was burnt UP! I had some scaling around my nose area (where my glasses sit on my face) on my nose..cheeks etc. For the first 3 days I tried to use this and it burnt so bad LOL

BUT I scaled it back and bought the 8% solution with no salicylic acid and that helped prepare my skin for the higher glycolic acid solution in level 2.

now I can use this a month later with no issues. So I alternate between to two of them depending on how my skin is looking. Since I have been using this system (along with smoothing cream level 3) my face ALWAYS feels so nice and smooth. def repurch

on 5/27/2013 7:23:00 PM

My HG for sure. Both the 8% and this 10% works well and are the only products that has helped my acne which I have been trying to treat for 8 years. I was skeptical towards using the 10% with 2% SA because salicylic acid generally doesn't do much for me at all. It did take at least a week or two for my skin to get used to the 10%. I also use this for my chest acne and it works great as well. I think the toning solution 2 is more effective on my body than the toning solution 1 was. Both are good products. highly recommend!

on 3/21/2013 2:22:00 PM

I'm on the fence about this stuff. I have used the level 1, and find that stuff to be pretty amazing and my face loves it. I started using the level 2 due to clogged pores, thinking the bha would help. My skin is not liking the level 2 at all, and I think it may be too drying and just too much of a good thing, which made my skin problems worse. I stopped the level 2 solution and started using the Vichy Normaderm Tri-active for acne instead, which has an aha/bha combination, but in lower concentrations. That is having a much better effect on my face. The level 2 solution is working wonders for my chest and back though, so for that reason I would continue to repurchase.

on 6/15/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been using this toner alongside the NeoStrata Gel Cleanser and Smoothing Lotion (both daytime with the SPF and night without) so my review is based on this.

I use this toner right after washing my face in the morning and night. I put a few drops on a cotton ball and lightly rub all over. I've also used it to help clean my neck area (great when you're putting your hair up!).

There is a slight burning/tingling feeling immediately, but it does go away and your skin will learn to tolerate.
I would recommend gradually building up the amount you use (or start with level 1)...I went full force with it, had a bit of a reaction, but that was totally my fault.

I let the toner sink in for 10mins or so then apply the Neo. Smoothing Lotion! I love they way these 3 products work together. 10 days into using them religiously and my face is noticeably clearer and heather. I haven't even been wearing makeup to work (well maybe some mascara), no foundation/powder...nothing. I can't wait to wake in the morning to see how my face looks. You do get some peeling and purging but that is to be expected...the product(s) are working. It's getting all the bacteria/gunk out.

My blackheads/white heads and almost completely gone.

It's honestly a great toner, I will continue to use and purchase. Now I just need Neo to put these products back on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada).

on 6/8/2011 2:50:00 AM

I tried this product earlier this year, using it only about 2-3 times per week as I found my skin got very dry from using it. This was in the winter months. Now that summer has arrived, my skin is beyond oily, and i cant remember the last time my face didnt have dirt filled pores that were impossible to clean. I decided to give this another shot and this time used it everyday. I am on my 2nd week now and my skin is GLOWING. Three different people in the last today have commented on how nice my skin looks. At first my skin was flakey but now it just looks dewey, moisturized, and my pores look much cleaner and thus much smaller. Sure it stings a bit, but after usign this for 2 weeks now, I barely feel any of it, nor am I experiencing any sort of dry or rough skin that I did the first week. I am also using this in combination with the Level 2 Smoothing Cream, and Level 2 Smoothing Lotion with spf 15 during the day.

If anyone has out of control pores with moderate breakouts, I definetly suggest this product.