Neostrata Toning Solution Level 2 (10% Glycolic Acid, 2% Salicylic Acid)

No Image

4.2

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract, Fragrence.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has done wonders for my under the skin bumps and closed comedones but used daily or every other day has been very drying for my skin. I have now backed off to 1-2 times weekly and my skin has been much less dry.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Holy grail skincare product for me, which is why I keep buying it, even though it costs $30 a bottle when it's not on sale. Before I started using this, I suffered from terrible breakouts - the kind that start deep under your skin and take forever to heal. I was also a mess of blackheads, acne scarring and dullness. Enter this stuff about a year and a half ago (FYI it's called Acne Clear Clarifying Solution now, but it's exact the same product as Toning Solution Level 2), and my skin has never been better (I'm 37 btw). I rarely break out, and when I do, a concentrated shot of this stuff clears the problem right up. My skin is smoother and more uniform in appearance. Blackheads are totally gone.

Two things to keep in mind - if you have sensitive skin (as I do) it stings like a mofo. The stinging doesn't last long, but, damn! Ouch. I use it twice a day now but had to work my skin up to that amount gradually. Also, remember to always, always, always use a sunscreen after you use this as it leaves your skin extra sensitive to the sun!

on 6/13/2016 10:15:00 PM

Anyone help me? How do we use the ff?
1. Neostrata acne gel cleanser
2. Neostrata clarifying solution
3. Neostrata clarifying lotion
4. Neostrata glycolic renewal smoothing lotion 5%?
What would be my routine AM and PM?

on 5/6/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First of all this product is not for everyone. Just because you have oily skin that does not automatically mean you need this product. I have oily skin but if I use it every day it is too much for MY skin. I use this for spot treatments to help stop pimples in their tracks. I find it to be Amazing!! It is strong but effective.

This product is amazing. Especially for cystic acne sufferers who have lost faith in drug store brands. Burns slightly on application but the results are noticeable and this product is well worth the money. I picked this up following an awful outbreak and was taking doxycycline + applying tactupump, yet still did not have breakouts under control. This has played a large role in managing breakouts and fading hyperpigmentation. Highly recommended!

on 2/23/2016 2:47:00 PM

I bought this when the value of the Canadian dollar plummeted deep, down into the depths of the earth, and I could not longer afford my beloved Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, possibly the best skin care product for acne ever invented. Does it work? Yes. It exfoliates and unblocks pores. Does it burn like a mofo? Yes. (To be fair, I have really sensitive skin.) After several seconds of pain, everything settles down. I've never had any burning or irritation with PC. So I will continue to repurchase this somewhat against my will for the moment because of the cost, but am keeping an eye out for alternatives.

on 2/22/2016 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm on my second bottle right now and this is on of my favourite skin care products. It keeps larger pimples and breakouts away and if i notice i have a pimple coming in, using this instantly causes it to reduce in size. If you're not one to keep up with a day to day face wash, just using this and some cotton pads will strip your skin of all the dirt and oil before you moisturize for the night. As it is a toner, it strips your skin of dirt and moisture so using a cream after is pretty essential.
Overall i love this product or keeping my skin consistent and clear~

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

The results have not been dramatic. In fact, I'm not too sure if I have any results at all. It does not work at all on actual pimples, only on small breakouts (I think, haven't determined if they just went away on their own) - like the patches of little bumps - but anything that is comedone or bigger was not affected by the toner. I also can't say if my scars have been fading faster. But again, I have only been using this for two weeks now. I will continue to use this for a while longer and hopefully, get more results.

This stuff can be extremely drying. I apply it in my T-zone using my fingers and then let it sit on my face for 30 minutes before I apply anything it. The reason I wait is so the product does not get dragged by my moisturizer onto my cheeks or my eyes which are both very dry and sensitive (I have combination skin). When I first started using this, I didn't wait and found my skin to be really dry the next morning. Waiting definitely helps.

Will update in two more weeks.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product is AMAZING.
I've had extremely clogged up pores and have been experiencing these "under the skin" acne that would not respond to multiple products I have tried in the past. My friend recommended this product and I decided to pick it up from Shoppers. I started with the level 1, to ease my skin into it, then slowly introduced level 2. It did burn my skin a bit and left my face looking red which subsided after a few minutes. After using it for a few weeks, the little bumps on my face began to clear up! After years of trying different products, going to skincare clinics to get rid of the bumps, this seems to be the only solution that really unclogged my pores and eliminate the gunk! They recently repackaged the toner which is great and cost-efficient (more product now in the bottle).

I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this with Spectrojel cleanser, Neostrata 10% glycolic smoothing cream, Eucerin face cream, Yves Rocher eye cream + a 0.05 tretinoin gel during the day and clindoxyl gel (not benzaclin) at night. My skin has never been better! Still have the occasional break out, but these products work together without irritating my skin, and my scars are slowly disappearing.