Neostrata Toning Solution Level 2 (10% Glycolic Acid, 2% Salicylic Acid)

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

4.3

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract, Fragrence.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Holy grail skincare product for me, which is why I keep buying it, even though it costs $30 a bottle when it's not on sale. Before I started using this, I suffered from terrible breakouts - the kind that start deep under your skin and take forever to heal. I was also a mess of blackheads, acne scarring and dullness. Enter this stuff about a year and a half ago (FYI it's called Acne Clear Clarifying Solution now, but it's exact the same product as Toning Solution Level 2), and my skin has never been better (I'm 37 btw). I rarely break out, and when I do, a concentrated shot of this stuff clears the problem right up. My skin is smoother and more uniform in appearance. Blackheads are totally gone.

Two things to keep in mind - if you have sensitive skin (as I do) it stings like a mofo. The stinging doesn't last long, but, damn! Ouch. I use it twice a day now but had to work my skin up to that amount gradually. Also, remember to always, always, always use a sunscreen after you use this as it leaves your skin extra sensitive to the sun!

on 5/6/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First of all this product is not for everyone. Just because you have oily skin that does not automatically mean you need this product. I have oily skin but if I use it every day it is too much for MY skin. I use this for spot treatments to help stop pimples in their tracks. I find it to be Amazing!! It is strong but effective.

on 2/8/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this toner in combination with Level 2 Smoothing cream and Anti-wrinkle cream for months. I love these products. Keeps my skin hydrated, but stops break outs.

on 12/8/2010 3:05:00 PM

I hate to give this a bad review as I love Neostrata products. I have been using the toner with 8% Glycolic acid for years and years. I decided to try this since my skin is used to the Glycolic acid and I thought this would be a step up. Well, after three days my skin broke out in annoying small pimples. My skin felt really dry and uncomfortable. The moment I went back to my old standby 8% my skin felt better. So be careful with this. I personally don't like Salicylic acid so maybe it is just me. However it is really drying for your skin. This might be fine for someone to use once a week or so.