Neostrata Toning Solution Level 2 (10% Glycolic Acid, 2% Salicylic Acid)

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

4.2

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) Fruit Extract, Fragrence.

on 6/13/2016 10:15:00 PM

Anyone help me? How do we use the ff?
1. Neostrata acne gel cleanser
2. Neostrata clarifying solution
3. Neostrata clarifying lotion
4. Neostrata glycolic renewal smoothing lotion 5%?
What would be my routine AM and PM?

This product is amazing. Especially for cystic acne sufferers who have lost faith in drug store brands. Burns slightly on application but the results are noticeable and this product is well worth the money. I picked this up following an awful outbreak and was taking doxycycline + applying tactupump, yet still did not have breakouts under control. This has played a large role in managing breakouts and fading hyperpigmentation. Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this with Spectrojel cleanser, Neostrata 10% glycolic smoothing cream, Eucerin face cream, Yves Rocher eye cream + a 0.05 tretinoin gel during the day and clindoxyl gel (not benzaclin) at night. My skin has never been better! Still have the occasional break out, but these products work together without irritating my skin, and my scars are slowly disappearing.

on 2/26/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

This stuff is..amazing. I stumbled on this after using basically everything in the world to fix my acne: antibiotic creams, retinoids, oral antibiotics, natural stuff (tea tree, tamanu, turmeric, lemon juice, rosehip, lavender) - and it works. I have the "level 3" toner now (worked up from level 2) and use it in combination with the "level 3" oil-free smoothing lotion (also AMAZING). Use twice a day on a cotton pad and yes, it totally stings super bad..but you can see it work. Hyperpigmentation spots just peel off, have way less clogged pores and basically no blackheads.

I started using this stuff while travelling a LOT for school interviews (12 places in 2 weeks), wearing tons of makeup for these interviews every day. I usually break out like crazy (adding the stress and bad diet and travelling) - this made my skin somehow look BETTER after all that.

The cons? It is costly, and not "natural" at all.

Bottom line: worth every penny.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is very good for cystic acne. With consistent use, my acne was all but gone. But I swayed and bought the reversa toner and waiting to finish that up. I will repurchase soon once I am out of that.

on 6/15/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been using this toner alongside the NeoStrata Gel Cleanser and Smoothing Lotion (both daytime with the SPF and night without) so my review is based on this.

I use this toner right after washing my face in the morning and night. I put a few drops on a cotton ball and lightly rub all over. I've also used it to help clean my neck area (great when you're putting your hair up!).

There is a slight burning/tingling feeling immediately, but it does go away and your skin will learn to tolerate.
I would recommend gradually building up the amount you use (or start with level 1)...I went full force with it, had a bit of a reaction, but that was totally my fault.

I let the toner sink in for 10mins or so then apply the Neo. Smoothing Lotion! I love they way these 3 products work together. 10 days into using them religiously and my face is noticeably clearer and heather. I haven't even been wearing makeup to work (well maybe some mascara), no foundation/powder...nothing. I can't wait to wake in the morning to see how my face looks. You do get some peeling and purging but that is to be expected...the product(s) are working. It's getting all the bacteria/gunk out.

My blackheads/white heads and almost completely gone.

It's honestly a great toner, I will continue to use and purchase. Now I just need Neo to put these products back on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canada).

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Please take precautions when using this product.. It has exfoliating agents (glycolic acid 10%) and is quite strong. You need to gradually use it, maybe once a day or every few days. I thought my skin was very strong and that it would help my acne. Instead, it dried my skin out and made it burn (reaction) and my skin was raw and red. You need to build up to it, don't use it twice a day. This was not the right product for me.

on 5/4/2010 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit #2: It was awesome at getting rid of acne/whiteheads and thats exactly why i bought this. I've been using this for about 2 months and the past two months have been the most acne riddled time in my life. I would get a new one every other day. I have a feeling that while getting rid of acne and breakouts, this also broke me out constantly because it made my skin so dry there was no natural oil on my face causing my face to break out. This also had a really high alcohol content so it was making my skin dry and dull. I think it's great for spot treating newly formed acne but i would not be putting this all over my face again. Will not repurchase.

Edit: this is probably the best thing I ever tried for acne/whiteheads. I had a nasty whitehead that developed into a super angry red and purple nastiness. I put this on twice a day concentrating on the problem area and woke up to a ripe pimple (totally ready to pop but i didnt touch it), I applied the toner again in the morning and noticed that by the end of the day the pimple was reduced to a pretty much nothing and there was a flaky layer of skin (I was dying to pick it off but i didnt), I came home and washed my face and the flakes just washed away I didnt need to pick at it or remove it at all! Now this monster of a thing has been reduced to a pinkish nothingness. I'm so impressed! BUT! it's drying up my skin like crazy! my face is tight no matter how much mositurizer I cake on my face. My face is also FLAKING like crazy! The dry patches dont look good under make up no matter how much i moisturize and prime :( good for acne but not good for soft smooth skin. I will stop applying all over face and just spot treat from now on!

Ok I have been using this for a week now so I might have to come back and edit but so far it's great. I usually have really good skin (no blemish, no acne, and no white heads etc) but lately (since about 3 months ago), I've been getting some serious whiteheads that become really big and painful zits! I think this has to do with my lovely scented but residue leaving oil cleanser from l'occitane.
Anyways, I do the cotton pad wet and wipe thing on my face after I wash it and it stings and burns but man my face feels CLEAN after I do that.
So far all the whiteheads and pimples on my face are completely dried out and some of the more stubborn ones that were deep are starting to surface. I am probably going to have to deal with some serious purging soon but I am pretty happy with how fast it's bringing my pimples to surface. It's definately speeding up the process for me. 4 lippies for now because I've only been using it for a week, will come back and edit.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Let me just start by saying I was a long time user of ProActiv and it stopped working...boo, my skin has recently had a major break out which I have not seen in years! So I was in a state of 'now what'?

I first tried the Oil Free Wash by Neostrata...too strong! Bad for my skin! Dried it out immensly. I hesitantly moved onto this, obviously being the cleanser had 4% glycolic acid and this had 10! Plus the salycilic acid.

But after just one use I noticed my skin felt softer, more supple and clean. Now after a week of using morning and night and cleansing with Shiseido's Purness Foaming Cleanser, my skin has changed drastically. My blackheads are almost non-existant, my existing breakouts have calmed waaay down and are clearing up and my skin is super smooth. No dryness or irritaion whatsoever!

I am eager to see how this keeps my mildly acne prone, sensitive skin clear. I will update in a few weeks :)

on 4/22/2010 9:21:00 AM

I've been using this in conjunction with the Peel Solution and it's working great. I've noticed a real improvement in skin clarity and tone. It can be hard on sensitive skin, but so far it's working well.
When I see a pimple forming I just apply this 3 times a day and it's gone in a day (small ones).