Sebastian Penetraitt Conditioner

Sebastian Penetraitt Conditioner
Sebastian Professional Penetraitt Conditioner

3.9

on 10/11/2016 2:51:00 AM

The best conditioner I have ever tried, but expensive, and the bottle is terrible.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So very very softening on my hair, so very great smelling and I am in love. Hair is made anew to exaggerate only slightly.

on 8/17/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this conditioner is pretty great- it leaves my dry, frizzy, curly hair soft and conditioned without being greasy or weighing it down. the first thing i noticed when i got it was that it was very thick compared to other conditioners i've used, which i assume is why it works so good. personally, i prefer the tigi recovery conditioner and i will be going back to that after i run out of this, but just because i really love the smell of the tigi one. but they both have pretty similar moisturizing capabilities on my hair and i love them both. if only the sebastian one had a better smell? it smells kind of boring, i don't even know how to describe it, while the tigi smells fruity. this is probably a nonissue for most people, however, so if you want a conditioner that will tame your summer frizzies, i really recommend looking into this one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is my absolute favorite go to conditioner! I color my hair often and also have insanely thick dry hair and an oily scalp. This is the only conditioner that leaves my hair soft and healthy! I will never use anything else!

on 9/10/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought the liter bottle and I love it. Very thick and leaves hair very soft and detangled. Highly recommended! Rinses clean but thoroughly conditioning. Also recommend liter bottles of shampoo and conditioner, you get tons for the price.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This salon conditioner is formulated to "repair" or coat/moisturize porous, damaged, color treated hair. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has ever done a bleach process and has porous hair due to that because that would require something with ingredients for repairing. I also wouldn't recommend this to anyone that has heat damage because again, there are better products out there that can both moisturize and repair.
But for someone like me who has normal/thick color treated hair, it's perfect. A great tip for this conditioner to get more bang for your buck (it's 15.99 where I work) is to use it as a deep conditioner in the shower once a week. Also it's excellent for use right after you dye your hair since there are no conditioning agents that will over condition and lead to breakage. Jojoba oil is a great ingredient for smoothing, moisturizing and shine. It really does it all.
My only con (for others, I personally don't care) would be that it contains parabens.

on 6/14/2013 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I used this with the matching shampoo and just wrote a review for the shampoo.
I have about 7 inches that need TLC due to a chemical straightening treatment that went all bad a few months ago. Those ends break easily, are dry and can be really frizzy.

Smell: A light clean scent that is not perfumey. It has such a lovely scent. This really has the best scent. It is not overly strong and no issues for my sensitive nose.

Aside from the scent that is all this conditioner offers. No softness, no frizz control, no moisture, nothing. Instead my hair felt rough and looks frizzy. When I would run my fingers through my hair I felt it snapping.

I'll stick with Joico Moisture Recovery. I thought about trying Sebastian Drench but I'm just not up for it right now. I like to have 2 different shampoos and conditioners to rotate but this might not be in the cards for me until I grow out and cut off the ends.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I love this conditioner so much that I can't wait to wash my hair again. I have so many hair issues it is unbelievable. Because I spend a lot of time on it and use a crap load of products to maintain it, many people that think I have nice hair don't realize my struggles. First, I have very damaged hair and this conditioner is specifically for damaged hair. From the 80s and those kinky perms, the early 90's and my frosty platnium highlights to my early 00's pumpkin and copper phase, from curling irons to straighening irons..I can say I fully enforced every single bad thing you can do for your hair. My hair is also so dry that I can go 5 days before I have to wash it! To add to my struggles, I have extremely thick coarse frizzy hair. The salt on the wound is that I also struggle with dandruff and a dry itchy scalp. Because my most annoying issue is dandruff, I have to use an anti-dandruff shampoo but they all leave the hair so dry like straw. So, I spend big bucks searching for the perfect conditioner. I've tried salon brands, drugstore brands and beauty supply only brands. The only conditioner that was as good as this was L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss conditioner but this made my dandruff and itchy scalp so much worse so I had to stop using it. Penetraitt conditioner is a pretty thick conditioner and it does a great job detangling my long hair. Once I dry my hair w/ a paddle brush and blowdryer as usual, I didn't add any type of product to my hair to see how well this worked. After my hair was dry, I did notice frizziness at the ends and at the shorter layers around my face. Overall, decent repairing qualities for the first time using it. Now, I just add a little bit of serum to my dry hair to smooth out any frizz. What I really love about this product is that my hair stays tangle free and straight throughout the whole day. Also, this conditioner doesn't cause dandruff or irritate my scalp. The only con I can find with this conditioner is the packaging. The bottle doesn't stand up. If you stand it the proper way with the cap facing down, the bottle is too tall and skinny that it tips over. The other side of the bottle has a beveled edge on one side making it impossible to stand. So, it just leans against other bottles in my shower caddy.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I'm really surprised at the low ratings for this, but I guess it really comes down to hair type. I chose this over Drench because my hair is chemically treated, which this is formulated for. It detangles extremely well and it smells great. I'm very pleased with this and would re-purchase.

on 10/5/2011 12:35:00 AM

First Sebastian product I ever used and I'm really disappointed ... It coats my hair and does not "penetrate" enough ... Even if I use a lot of product, it does not moisturize neither untangle my hair.
The consistency of the product itself is thick but for my type of hair (long non-treated thick and coarse asian hair) is a very light conditioner. Definetely won't buy again.