Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer

Pixi Flawless and Poreless Primer

3.3

Water, Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Phytosterol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Poe-20 Soy Sterol, Oleanolic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Methylisothiazolinone, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I got this sample sized primer in a Pixi gift set just to try some of their stuff. I like the texture because it DOESN'T have that gel/powder thing happening, which tends to make my nose (which is generally where I tend to use primers) look kind of dull and dry. You know that weird texture that Benefit Porefessional can get if you rub it in rather than patting it, it sort of cakes/balls up? I also got that with the Avon Magix face perfector. Pixi just has a nice, light silky pale beige creme texture that blends out translucent. It doesn't "blur" like thicker primers but I'm finding I prefer thinner more moisturiser-like textures anyway, I'd rather not deal with the thicker stuff. It always seems to make the foundation on my nose look great, and not patchy. Maybe if you have very oily skin this primer isn't for you but I really like it and I'll be purchasing a full size from Sephora :)

on 6/24/2016 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I received a free sample of this and have been using it off and on for a few months. It goes on nicely and does nothing to irritate my skin. However, it also doesn't do anything to help my makeup stay put longer. My skin is normal, and I use a long-lasting foundation and setting powder, so I really only need a primer for 12-15 hour days to avoid the patchy look I sometimes get. This doesn't affect the wear or lasting power or my makeup at all. Definitely a fail for me.

I purchased a sample size of this primer from Target because I couldn't justify buying a $22 primer without knowing whether or not it would work for me. I have very oily skin. If I don't use a special primer, my makeup practically falls off within 3 hours of application, with or without oil blotting wipes. I also have incredibly sensitive skin, although that seems to be calming with age (I'm 23, at 15 if I accidentally brushed my face with my body-lotioned hand, I'd break out. Now, not so much).
The flawless and poreless primer did an amazing job at controlling my oily skin. That in itself helps makeup stay longer on my face, although I don't feel like the primer does that great of a job at lasting all day or anything. I still need an oil blotting wipe about 3-4 hours after I do my makeup, plus a little powder, but that's an amazing upgrade from before. The primer goes on really well, like a moisturizer, and does a great job at minimizing pores. It feels smooth and doesn't have any noticeable smell. The color is slightly pink and very light, which I feel gives my skin a white-ish cast (and I'm pale like a ghost already). I also found that it controls my oil the day after I use it, which seemed odd. My skin doesn't feel dried out, just normal and not oily. It's still taking some getting used to.
I've previously purchased the bare minerals regular and oil free prime time primers, and neither did a good job at controlling the oil or making my makeup job longer lasting.
I use bare minerals powder and the complexion rescue (which I LOVE), and the flawless & poreless goes well with them. I use a beauty blender to apply my makeup, but my hands to apply the primer.

For now, I give this a 5/5 because I've never had a primer that kept my oily skin matte (enough) AND helped increase my makeup longevity AND didn't break me out AND was easy to apply.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love Pixi products. I would give every item of theirs I've ever tried 5 stars hands down. However, this was didn't quite do it for me. I don't feel as though it did much in terms of "correcting", though it did reduce the appearance of my pores some. I do have very oily skin most of the time and did not feel this helped much. It is oil-free and oil-control is one of its main "claims". Traditionally, I prefer a silicone primer, which this is not. It is more of a moisturizer since it contains shea butter, titanium dioxide, and is quite moisturizing. Despite its fail as a primer, I did like this product. However, it should be used/advertised as a daytime moisturizer, It costs $22, but I find this brand is often on sale/clearance at Target. Try this if you have dry skin!

on 9/27/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is great for skin care. It has ingredients like witch hazel and anti-bacterial properties, so I love using it under foundation to prevent breakouts. However, I find that it doesn't work all that great as a primer. It doesn't elongate the wear of my makeup or smooth out the texture of my skin or control oil. In fact, I find that it makes my skin even more oily than it normally is. But I will use it until it's over because it does a pretty great job of preventing blemishes. 3 stars as skin care. 1 star as a primer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far the best primer I've ever used! At first it was so grainy & I wasn't sure how to stop it from caking up my foundation but then I learned that if I massage it into my skin ever so gently it smooths out my skin flawlessly. I love that it has beneficial ingredients for the skin because I feel as if I am putting on a layer of something that will help & protect my really oily skin versus just putting on another pointless layer of makeup. The price of $24 & the way this is packaged & marketed at Target makes me feel as if I am paying for a luxurious high end primer & the quality really shows through!

I received a sample of this product and loved it instantly! I went to the store yesterday and bought the full size and the sample came with a coupon which worked out great. It isn't the typical silicone texture, it's more like a clear bb cream. It feels kind of moisturizing and works well on the skin. So far I like it!

on 6/6/2014 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after reading reviews here and must say that I really like this primer. I have oily skin and it works great for me. It goes on smooth, feels nice on my skin and does not break me out. It's a keeper!

on 5/1/2014 6:16:00 PM

it might be a good procuct for people with dry skin, however it wasnt for me. it claims to give your skins a "youthful glow" but with my combination oily skin, it made my face look like a greaseball everytime i put it on.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I recently received a little sample of this and am pleasantly surprised at how well it works for me.

It's oil-free but hydrating and contains a little bit of salicylic acid/willow bark. It made my skin (oily/combo) super soft and smooth after application. It's also silicone free, so it doesn't have that strange tacky feeling other primers do. It also provides moderate sun protection with the titanium dioxide in the formulation. I can't detect any fragrance in this.

I also like that it has a slight pinkish tint to it, which looks really great on my fair skin. I don't usually use foundation, so this works fabulous at evening out my skin tone without that heavy makeup look. A little bit also goes a long way. The first time I used it I took out way too much product. Start with a small dab and then use more if you need to. I will definitely purchase a full size tube and hope that it will continue to work for me!