3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

Pricier than drugstore mascaras without a commensurate increase in quality. One coat is underwhelming, not particularly lengthening or volume boosting, but two coats results in clump city and still doesn't lengthen or curl anything. It also dries up in record time, 4-5 weeks after opening, and no amount of eye drops in the tube or popping the tube into heat baths will restore any useability. It isn't waterproof, but does stay on better than most other non-waterproof mascaras - although part of me wonders if that's because it dries out so quickly in the tube, so it goes on semi-crispy anyway. Parts of the mascara crumble off as the day goes on, doesn't leave smudged black track marks below my eyes but the mascara fragments always interfere with my contact lenses and irritate the living daylights out of my eyes. As it's not fully waterproof, it's a bit of a nightmare removing my lenses, rinsing them, and trying to reinsert afterwards. I don't feel this is worth the expense if I'm honest, it's not on the same level as other MAC eye products. There are many drugstore mascaras out there today that well outperform this - ones that have a longer useable life, are much cheaper, have better lengthening and/or volumising effects, and that are fully waterproof. There's nothing unique that this mascara offers, so I won't buy it again.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

UPDATE November 2013... I still adore this mascara however I am disappointed how quickly it dried out, it only lasted me a month & 1/2 where as studio fix mascara lasts at least 3 months before I need a new one. Original review.... I am absolutely LOVING this mascara. After using Mac studio fix lash mascara for a few years & being very happy with it I didn't think Opulash would impress me as much. WRONG! Opulash gives me length and volume, the same as studio fix lash, but the difference is the staying power! Sometimes by the end of the day I'd have a small black smudge above each eye when using studio fix mascara. I have quite deep set eyes so this tends to happen with any mascara I use. Not with Opulash!!!!! Result!!!! The biggest thing that impressed me with Opulash happened last week. I ordered the film 'The Notebook' to watch. By the end if it I was sobbing. Afterwards I went to the loo expecting to see a big black mess all over my face, and to my amazement it hadn't smudged! As far as I am aware Opulash isn't waterproof so your guess is as good as mine, it obviously is one good mascara. As for removal, comes off easily with my make up remover wipes. I seriously am impressed with this mascara and will definitely re purchase.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

7 years ago

It's alright. Not worth $20 though, I'm just done with Mac mascaras. I've had this one, Zoom Lash and False Lashes... I even had the prep and prime to put on before it... :/ doesn't give me what I want. I like big thick black lashes... As dramatic Mac cosmetics are I thought this would be the perfect line to try Mascara in. After 4 different mascaras I'm over it... drug store brands do way better... If you are looking for a high end mascara to do an awesome job go with Lancôme... A little pricey but way worth it!

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium Brown

7 years ago

I have this mascara in three colors, Optimum Black, and the Wonder Woman versions in Themyscira (blue) and Army of Amazons (green). I like the feathery look of this mascara. The formula is more creamy and dry than gel-like and thin. It applies evenly and without clumping, and the coverage is buildable. The colored mascaras show up nicely on the lashes. The brush is a natural bristle brush with very long bristles. It holds a lot of product, so I have to wipe the bristles off a bit before applying the mascara. This is not a mascara I would use on a daily basis, but it is a good mascara for when you want big, feathery lashes with a soft texture. I personally prefer a thinner, blacker mascara for everyday use. But if you like big, soft, feathery lashes then the quality of this mascara is great and I would highly recommend it.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I am still on the hunt for my HG mascara, but this is keeping me happy in the meantime. When I first used this mascara I was pretty disappointed as I didn't feel it really added great volume or length. As I have used it daily I have adapted a little to it, and seem to be getting better results. I would still same though I have found better in both the lengthening and volume. But, the main positive for this mascara for me, is the staying power. I get no smudging at all and this is a first. I have always had to wipe under my eye during the day to avoid panda eyes. This for me is why I give it 4 lippies and would buy again, particularly during summer months.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Every other mascara will smudge on my upper cheeks (when I smile my lower lashes touches my upper cheeks). This product has never failed me, regardless of length of wear, temperature of day, or how much I'm laughing. It's also easy to remove: comes right off when I use makeup remover cleanser and warm water for the rest of my face.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

7 years ago

This mascara for the price was a let down for me. It does add mega volume, but the lack of length and separation gives me stubby and clumpy lashes. I did finish this mascara up by pairing it with a lengthening mascara, but will not repurchase.

About reviewer (1341 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0
from

7 years ago

Mixed reviews about Opulash - one coat and I find it colours my lashes nicely and adds some length, however I want more length and a second coat is a definite no go as I tend to find it looks really unnatural and goes clumpy. Spending £20 on a mascara, I would expect more. Added to the fact it's not waterproof, I award this 3 lippies and will continue my search for the perfect mascara!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

7 years ago

My first MAC mascara experience and very pleased! Lengthened, volumized, zero smudging after 11 hours, and easy wash-off removal. Curl hold is so-so and it does clump after 3 layers, so off 1 lippie. I have short, spare, straight Asian lashes and every formula I've tried smudges except Lashpower by Clinique and now...Opulash! It delivered decent drama, about a 7 on a scale of 1-10. It's a nice all rounder mascara.

About reviewer (241 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I regret this purchase, it did not deliver any effects, except some black cream on my lashes. And it smudge easily, i had to wipe my under eye line several times during the day. Save your 20 bucks for something else.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium