NYX Single Eye Shadow - Taupe Pearl

4.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Taupe Pearl: officially described as metallic. It sits between a metallic sheen and satin. The color in the swatch can produce some doubt. In real life it looks like an Antiqued Gold. Some will say that is a taupe color, while others may say it isn't. I am bringing this up because if you want to purchase a "taupe" color, you really need to face what is your definition of taupe. To me, taupe should be a marriage of gray and brown. This color is more of a brownish gold. The color is of great quality! But if you are wanting a "taupe color" that sits between gray and brown- this is not one of them. Again, this is my personal opinion. medium to full opacity

I must say it was hard to choose from NYX's selection of single shadows...But, taupe pearl should def be one of your choices if you find yourself browsing through. The texture isn't powdery, quite good pigmenting, color is a metallic light brown,somewhat grey..very nice!

This is honestly one of those colors that everyone should have in their makeup collection. And if you like taupes at all, this is a no-brainer. Go buy it now! Let me explain why I'm so impressed with this shade. I love how taupes look on others but never seem to like them on myself. I have light, but not pale, skin (supposedly with warm tones, according to makeup artists, but I sure do get pink easily) and brown eyes. I've tried many of the popular taupes shades: Mac Satin Taupe, UD Stray Dog, UD Underground, WNW Nutty, Cargo Yukon, Laura Mercier Topaz, CG Tapestry Taupe, Stila Diamond Lil, and so on. My issue is that the shades always pull either too plum, too red, or too silver. I haven't found a truly neutral taupe until now. This shade is absolutely perfect. It also happens to have a lovely soft texture which makes it easy to apply. It can be sheered out or built up for more effect. It lasts all day over a primer, and truly flatters my skintone and eyeshade. Best of all, it only costs around $5. I am quite impressed. As I said, everyone should have this item in your makeup collection.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

A truly neutral taupe that will look great on all skin tones. I'm about NW20 and any warm shades make me look ill, but I love taupes. Needless to say I've had lots of disappointments but NYX has a great range of neutrals and TP is a gorgeous one. Doesn't lean yellow OR pink, a hard trick!
A beautiful burnished taupe which is soft as butter, makes your eyes glow and goes with anything.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Great product for everyday. It is dark enough to pop without looking garish. Just a great wash of color on my lids. Goes on super smooth and hardly any fall out. I am in love with NYX eyeshadows. I plan on going back to Ulta and stocking up.

This is very nice color and has really nice texture. Nyx eye shadows are hit or miss. This one is hit without any doubt!!! If you like the color you want regret buying it!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree---this is a beautiful color. It applies buttery smooth and is nice and pigmented also. It's pretty as a a crease color with something like a light cream or all over the lid and crease as a semi wash and then I put my everyday brow highlight on the top, Mac Your Ladyship pigment, and then I like to use NYX Sparkle Cedar to blend the line between the two. Sparkle Cedar is great for that--softening the edge of colors and it looks pretty with this beautiful Taupe Pearl. I have Iced Mocha also, which looks very similar to TP in the pan, but TP is much prettier when applied. Would repurchase, but I doubt I'll use it up as I change my eye color everyday so I don't rotate back around to this too often, but I still love it.

I ordered this on a recommendation that it was a dupe for Mac Patina and that Iced Mocha was a dupe for Satin Taupe. I was a little disappointed when I opened my Cherry Culture package and saw that Taupe Pearl looked almost exactly like Iced Mocha in the pan. The reason that I'm giving it 5 lippies though is because while I liked Iced Mocha quite a bit, I absolutely love Taupe Pearl. It will be the one I reach for again and again. A great cool brown taupe color. I don't think I've found one better than this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

GORGEOUS color. I use this when I do a red lip, and it makes my eyes pop without overwhelming the look or being too boring like a matte taupe. It's somewhere between gray and silver, like rustic metal colored, and makes a perfect daily eyeshadow that's on the shimmery side but not glittery.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Now THIS is a very pretty taupe shadow. The first time I wore this, I stood back and was like "Whoa...that looks GOOD!!". I think what sets this apart from other taupes I own is that this is a warmer taupe...golden based, IMO, with no plummy undertones. It's especially pretty on me in the summer when I have some more color in my complexion. Definitely a keeper :)