4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Since I own both of Pacific Blue nail polish (Old and newer one), I thought I would review them and list some dupes for them. Let's start with the discontinued version, 420 Pacific Blue. I really like the color, it's truly a shame that they changed it... But anyways. I would describe the formula as really smooth and opaque. Mine only need one coat. It dry really quickly and the wear time is also pretty good! I wore mine for 5 days before seeing chippings (Without a base coat and top coat). Dupes: Barry M - Damson (Really close in color) Maybeline Color Show - Shocking Seas (Similar) Now for the newer version, 479 Pacific Blue. The color is pretty, but it's far from being the same as the original.... The current Pacific Blue is a dark shimery blue nail polish. The formula is horrible, it need atleast 3 coats to be like the color in the bottle. It takes forever to dry. The wear is average, I have been wearing it for 3 days and it's alreasy chippings... The only good I have to say about this nail polish is that it's a dupe for one of my Kozmic Colours nail polish... But that's about it... Overall I do not recomend the newer version, I highly prefer the old one. I still don't understand why Sally Hansen discontinued it... I won't buy it again.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE NEWER FORMULATION OF PACIFIC BLUE. The new Pacific Blue is actual garbage. Streaky, SO sheer (after 2 coats it's still not opaque), and has a weird texture to it that does not go on the nail smoothly. This is actually the worst polish I've ever used, I think. The original was SO beautiful! But do yourself a favor and pass on this one.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This review is for the original Pacific Blue pictured with the big X in Xtreme. Sally Hansen has d/c this formula and color and replaced it with a darker blue with glitter that stinks. When I heard the uproar over this I had to see if I could find the elusive blue, and I did. I found four bottles at Walgreens and rite-aid. I also bought a bunch of other hues in the original formula, if you like you can check out my reviews of those. So is it worth the hype? Absolutely, This cobalt blue hue is a one coater, but you can apply more with it's smooth, easy application. The staying power is superb, and left no stain when removed. If you haven't tried the original Pacific Blue go look, it's worth the effort.

About reviewer (329 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

the color looks stunning ! you might only need one coat. i love the extreme line and the price by sally . you cant beat it

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I bought two bottles of the original one after hearing about them changing it. I used it for yhe first time last week. Wow! Now I see what all the buzz is about. The formula went on so well and is easy to apply. Its a great shade with a nice glossy finish. I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat over it. No chips, peeling or tip wear for almost a week. Really good stuff.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

5 years ago

I too had the original formula, and after running low went out to buy more unaware that they had changed it. This new one is nothing compared to the first :( The new color isn't ugly, but it is nowhere near as unique. The drying time is ridiculous, and the consistency is thick and pretty sheer. No idea how long it lasts as it is still drying on my nails now. So bummed- bring back the original SH!!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesBlue

2.0
from

5 years ago

Pros: Great Color. Inexpensve Cons: Poor drying time, Not Opaque (requires at least 3 good coats) I was dissapointed. Expected this formula to last longer b/c of the name and better quality from Sally Hansen brand since I typically am pleased w/their products.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBrown

6 years ago

amazing cornflower blue nail polish. pacific blue is my religion. sucks that they changed the formula.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

This polish is a one coat! A beautiful shade of blue that is good for any time of the year, HOWEVER, THEY HAVE CHANGED THE FORMULA. I have yet to test the new formula but I have only heard bad things, shame on you Sally Hansen, why change an already amazing and best selling nail polish? To save money probably. Anyways, if you have the creamy, opaque, one coat pacific blue, then it is a for sure win. DO NOT BUY THE NEW ONE.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I've written a review for this polish already but i just painted my nails with this again and I have to go off about it again. Honestly the most amazing nail polish EVERRRRRRR. You only need one coat, the most beautiful colour ever and dries super shiny/fast and looks like shellac I LOVE IT !!!!!!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm