Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

4.6

on 10/16/2015 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the original Pacific Blue pictured with the big X in Xtreme. Sally Hansen has d/c this formula and color and replaced it with a darker blue with glitter that stinks.

When I heard the uproar over this I had to see if I could find the elusive blue, and I did. I found four bottles at Walgreens and rite-aid. I also bought a bunch of other hues in the original formula, if you like you can check out my reviews of those.

So is it worth the hype? Absolutely, This cobalt blue hue is a one coater, but you can apply more with it's smooth, easy application. The staying power is superb, and left no stain when removed. If you haven't tried the original Pacific Blue go look, it's worth the effort.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to love this polish. It was a striking cobalt shade that covered in just one coat and offered a glossy sheen. I sadly ran out and made the mistake of buying the reformulated version. The colour is totally different. It's a different shade of blue, it has some sparkle, and it's so sheer that it takes 3 coats to reach opacity. Like the old Pacific Blue, this doesn't chip. Anyways, if you can still get your hands on the old formula, great! If not, don't bother.

To Read all 111 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/9/2015 5:14:00 PM

the color looks stunning ! you might only need one coat. i love the extreme line and the price by sally . you cant beat it

on 7/9/2015 4:45:00 PM

This review is for the ORIGINAL Pacific Blue.

And the first thing I have to say is why would they change this? Everything I've heard about this color is true. This cobalt blue is perfect! It's rich and bright and eye-popping. So vivid! I love it.

This shade is in the same family of blues as Nails Inc. Baker Street and YSL's Bleu Majorelle, but none are exact dupes of each other. Pacific Blue is slightly lighter and dustier than the other two, a tiny bit brighter as well. It's really something special, I can see why this polish has so many fans.

And the formula is like butter! So smooth and it was practically opaque in one coat.
I would definitely buy this again, but only if I could find the original version. I haven't tried the newer Pacific Blue, but my understanding is that it's darker and has shimmer. Completely different polish, same name.

Two thumbs up for the original, though. Recommended!

on 6/3/2015 7:21:00 AM

I bought two bottles of the original one after hearing about them changing it. I used it for yhe first time last week. Wow! Now I see what all the buzz is about. The formula went on so well and is easy to apply. Its a great shade with a nice glossy finish. I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat over it. No chips, peeling or tip wear for almost a week. Really good stuff.

I too had the original formula, and after running low went out to buy more unaware that they had changed it. This new one is nothing compared to the first :( The new color isn't ugly, but it is nowhere near as unique. The drying time is ridiculous, and the consistency is thick and pretty sheer. No idea how long it lasts as it is still drying on my nails now. So bummed- bring back the original SH!!!

on 11/21/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros: Great Color. Inexpensve
Cons: Poor drying time, Not Opaque (requires at least 3 good coats)
I was dissapointed. Expected this formula to last longer b/c of the name and better quality from Sally Hansen brand since I typically am pleased w/their products.

on 8/13/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

amazing cornflower blue nail polish. pacific blue is my religion. sucks that they changed the formula.

on 8/12/2014 4:44:00 PM

This polish is a one coat! A beautiful shade of blue that is good for any time of the year, HOWEVER, THEY HAVE CHANGED THE FORMULA. I have yet to test the new formula but I have only heard bad things, shame on you Sally Hansen, why change an already amazing and best selling nail polish? To save money probably. Anyways, if you have the creamy, opaque, one coat pacific blue, then it is a for sure win. DO NOT BUY THE NEW ONE.

on 7/24/2014 2:54:00 PM

I've written a review for this polish already but i just painted my nails with this again and I have to go off about it again. Honestly the most amazing nail polish EVERRRRRRR. You only need one coat, the most beautiful colour ever and dries super shiny/fast and looks like shellac I LOVE IT !!!!!!

Popular Polishes