Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

4.6

on 7/9/2015 5:14:00 PM

the color looks stunning ! you might only need one coat. i love the extreme line and the price by sally . you cant beat it

on 7/9/2015 4:45:00 PM

This review is for the ORIGINAL Pacific Blue.
And the first thing I have to say is why would they change this? Everything I've heard about this color is true. This cobalt blue is perfect! It's rich and bright and eye-popping. So vivid! I love it.
This shade is in the same family of blues as Nails Inc. Baker Street and YSL's Bleu Majorelle, but none are exact dupes of each other. Pacific Blue is slightly lighter and dustier than the other two, a tiny bit brighter as well. It's really something special, I can see why this polish has so many fans.
And the formula is like butter! So smooth and it was practically opaque in one coat.
I would definitely buy this again, but only if I could find the original version. I haven't tried the newer Pacific Blue, but my understanding is that it's darker and has shimmer. Completely different polish, same name.
Two thumbs up for the original, though. Recommended!

on 6/3/2015 7:21:00 AM

I bought two bottles of the original one after hearing about them changing it. I used it for yhe first time last week. Wow! Now I see what all the buzz is about. The formula went on so well and is easy to apply. Its a great shade with a nice glossy finish. I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat over it. No chips, peeling or tip wear for almost a week. Really good stuff.

on 1/8/2015 1:17:00 PM

I too had the original formula, and after running low went out to buy more unaware that they had changed it. This new one is nothing compared to the first :( The new color isn't ugly, but it is nowhere near as unique. The drying time is ridiculous, and the consistency is thick and pretty sheer. No idea how long it lasts as it is still drying on my nails now. So bummed- bring back the original SH!!!

on 11/21/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Pros: Great Color. Inexpensve
Cons: Poor drying time, Not Opaque (requires at least 3 good coats)
I was dissapointed. Expected this formula to last longer b/c of the name and better quality from Sally Hansen brand since I typically am pleased w/their products.

on 8/13/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

amazing cornflower blue nail polish. pacific blue is my religion. sucks that they changed the formula.

on 8/12/2014 4:44:00 PM

This polish is a one coat! A beautiful shade of blue that is good for any time of the year, HOWEVER, THEY HAVE CHANGED THE FORMULA. I have yet to test the new formula but I have only heard bad things, shame on you Sally Hansen, why change an already amazing and best selling nail polish? To save money probably. Anyways, if you have the creamy, opaque, one coat pacific blue, then it is a for sure win. DO NOT BUY THE NEW ONE.

on 7/24/2014 2:54:00 PM

I've written a review for this polish already but i just painted my nails with this again and I have to go off about it again. Honestly the most amazing nail polish EVERRRRRRR. You only need one coat, the most beautiful colour ever and dries super shiny/fast and looks like shellac I LOVE IT !!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

this nail polish takes forever to dry but once it finally does it is almost impossible to get off. which can be a great yet bad thing when your done wearing it and you still have bright blue all over your nails. but hey it does say extreme wear

on 6/21/2014 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased the original Pacific Blue--that is, the cornflower creme, sans shimmer--and I am pleased with it thus far. The application process was not as easy as these reviews led me to believe--my brush had an errant bristle sticking out, and the formula was a bit gloopy and rubbery-drying--but the colour payoff meant that I needed just 1.5 coats for opacity, and the very fast dry time floored me. I've had good luck with the Xtreme Wear line when it comes to longevity. It's frustrating, then, that Sally Hansen replaced this colour with a tacky shimmery doppelganger, because I would repurchase the original.

edited, for the Canadians in the crowd: I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart as part of an Xtreme Wear line sale (so, not on clearance, which is reassuring!)

Popular Polishes