Smashbox Brow Tech To-Go

3.7

on 12/26/2017 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This is OK for travel and that's what I bought it for in the first place. I like the brow gel bretter than the pen, because I have blond eyebrows when not colored at a hair dresser, and the the pen makes my brows look fake! When they are colored, I prefer some brown shadow or browgel with color for the final touch. All in all this fit the bill in a pinch, but as a day to day product, this does not meet my standard. I've had this product for a good 8 months and it's at it's last leg. That being said, I've used this about 2 times a week so it could have finished up sooner! I've never experienced it break on me, like some have mentioned, wich is good!

on 9/22/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this on sale in The Bahamas for $14, Never tried before but at that price I thought "Why not?" I've only ever used Smashbox once and hated their foundation.
But to my surprise I loved this gel pen. Easy to use, I'm black and a milk chocolate complexion and I bought the brunette color.
The angled pen is perfect for exact detail and I feel so silly but I only discovered the brow gel yesterday when it finished and I was trying to see if I could turn it more to get more of the pencil up!!!
So now I'm on the search for it but all I see are full priced pens :(

Good stuff....BUT too fragile! I am on my 3rd now and have to be extra careful using it.

on 11/19/2015 9:18:00 PM

I'm looking forward to using this up and being done with it. The biggest issue is that the formula is way too creamy and pigmented on the brows, leaving an overdrawn, unnaturally harsh look. It also means you go through the product rather quickly. The shape of the pencil itself also irks me- a very slim slanted tip can be nice, but the tip gets broader and less precise as your work your way through the pencil. Now that I'm almost done, it's just too big to fill in my brows as subtly I like to.

Skip this one. It gets the job done, but there's way too many superior products on the market to waste your time with this.

on 3/14/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try this as it's a softer wax pencil rather than a hard pencil and because of that it's easy to move/ blend with a spoolie to stop it looking too 'block' plus it had a lightly tinted fixing gel which is great.

Overall I like it, but I wouldn't buy it again because I don't loooove it, it's easy to use for the length and arch of the brow, but the inner corner is tricky, because it's slanted it's difficult to get a precise shape but because it's soft it's also quite hard to graduate, it just kind of disappears.

So, meh... Better than hard pencils but not the holy grail.

*TIP for a really clean, defined brow use a highlighting concealer on a small angled brush to outline the brow and blend out.

I keep trying other brow products and always come back to this one. Nice taupe color for my blond (read invisible) brows. I've decided that price is no issue when it comes to good brows. One of the few cosmetics that I've hit 'pan' on.

on 1/24/2015 10:17:00 PM

Love this. Makes my sparse but at the same time unruly brows go just right. The gel is a great idea and the blonde Colour is perfect (not to red) It's pricy but no complaints. Lasts a decent amount of time. Love the texture.

on 12/12/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go-to brow product. It's easy to use and the shade is best suited for medium brown colour hair through to dark brown. I prefer a natural look on my eyebrows and this Is perfect as it allows me to gently fill in any sparse areas and then I can go a little more heavy handed to make them darker for when I have dark eye make up etc. I would recommend for people who like a more natural look and it's long wearing too which is important

on 11/5/2014 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to brow fix! I use the darker shade, but I think it's all about how you apply it and use it. I get compliments on my eyebrows all the time. The colour is not too dark but just right for anyone with dark hair.

How I use it:
1) I align the width (wider part) of the wax stick to the length of the brow hair and make a long straight sweep along the bottom brow right to the arc of the brow
2) Without letting go, I would drag the thinner part out to extend the brow
3) Then go back with small flick to fill in

on 1/5/2014 2:52:00 PM

I adore this product. I have dark brown hair and use the taupe, so I feel like if your ethnic you'd use the darker one because its too dark for my olive skin. A little too much gel comes out and I have to get some off before applying but other that that I love it! I've tried other brow pencils, was using MAC for a while but this is really lovely. I had a MUA do my makeup for my wedding and she used the type you brush on, and this is the closest thing I could find to looking as perfect as they did that day!

Popular Brows Products