Smashbox Brow Tech To-Go

Smashbox Brow Tech To-Go

3.7

Good stuff....BUT too fragile! I am on my 3rd now and have to be extra careful using it.

on 11/19/2015 9:18:00 PM

I'm looking forward to using this up and being done with it. The biggest issue is that the formula is way too creamy and pigmented on the brows, leaving an overdrawn, unnaturally harsh look. It also means you go through the product rather quickly. The shape of the pencil itself also irks me- a very slim slanted tip can be nice, but the tip gets broader and less precise as your work your way through the pencil. Now that I'm almost done, it's just too big to fill in my brows as subtly I like to.

Skip this one. It gets the job done, but there's way too many superior products on the market to waste your time with this.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/14/2015 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I wanted to try this as it's a softer wax pencil rather than a hard pencil and because of that it's easy to move/ blend with a spoolie to stop it looking too 'block' plus it had a lightly tinted fixing gel which is great.

Overall I like it, but I wouldn't buy it again because I don't loooove it, it's easy to use for the length and arch of the brow, but the inner corner is tricky, because it's slanted it's difficult to get a precise shape but because it's soft it's also quite hard to graduate, it just kind of disappears.

So, meh... Better than hard pencils but not the holy grail.

*TIP for a really clean, defined brow use a highlighting concealer on a small angled brush to outline the brow and blend out.

I keep trying other brow products and always come back to this one. Nice taupe color for my blond (read invisible) brows. I've decided that price is no issue when it comes to good brows. One of the few cosmetics that I've hit 'pan' on.

on 1/24/2015 10:17:00 PM

Love this. Makes my sparse but at the same time unruly brows go just right. The gel is a great idea and the blonde Colour is perfect (not to red) It's pricy but no complaints. Lasts a decent amount of time. Love the texture.

on 12/12/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go-to brow product. It's easy to use and the shade is best suited for medium brown colour hair through to dark brown. I prefer a natural look on my eyebrows and this Is perfect as it allows me to gently fill in any sparse areas and then I can go a little more heavy handed to make them darker for when I have dark eye make up etc. I would recommend for people who like a more natural look and it's long wearing too which is important

on 11/5/2014 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to brow fix! I use the darker shade, but I think it's all about how you apply it and use it. I get compliments on my eyebrows all the time. The colour is not too dark but just right for anyone with dark hair.

How I use it:
1) I align the width (wider part) of the wax stick to the length of the brow hair and make a long straight sweep along the bottom brow right to the arc of the brow
2) Without letting go, I would drag the thinner part out to extend the brow
3) Then go back with small flick to fill in

on 1/5/2014 2:52:00 PM

I adore this product. I have dark brown hair and use the taupe, so I feel like if your ethnic you'd use the darker one because its too dark for my olive skin. A little too much gel comes out and I have to get some off before applying but other that that I love it! I've tried other brow pencils, was using MAC for a while but this is really lovely. I had a MUA do my makeup for my wedding and she used the type you brush on, and this is the closest thing I could find to looking as perfect as they did that day!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This worked great while it lasted ... Glided on so easy and smooth ad looked so natural on my dark but sparsely placed brows. However I didn't even have it for ONE WEEK before the pencil got stuck inside the tube and wouldn't twist out in anymore. I had plenty of product left, but one day I was just doing my brows, then set down my pencil to do my hair, and then when I grabbed my pencil again to touch up my brows, the crayon just wouldn't swivel out. This product was like a miracle to me when I was first using it and looked so great, but words can't even express how disappointed I am that I have to go and buy another brow pencil when I probably have 25 dollars of product just wasted. I don't think I've ever felt more ripped off in my life.

on 9/4/2013 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The Taupe color is perfect for my blonde hair, and the triangulated chiseled tip makes it easy to draw a clean line. The waxy formula looks softer than a hard pencil. The other end has a bit of clear brow gel and a tiny brow brush to finish up neatly. Great for the suitcase or purse, easy to touch up. At $27 it's a bit pricey but you are getting a dual ended product. Tried this in the store many times before purchasing to test longevity, and it holds up well. Great job, Smashbox!

Popular Brows Products