Dejavu (Imju) Fiberwig Finisher Paint-On False Lashes

Dejavu (Imju) Fiberwig Finisher Paint-On False Lashes
Fiberwig Finisher Paint-On False Lashes

4.7

on 5/17/2017 10:41:00 AM

What I have right now is the latest packaging, as seen on https://www.facebook.com/dejavu.singapore/.
You know the feeling when you ate the best burger in the world at a shop you never used to step in and suddenly you become more and more afraid that one day the shop will close down and the best-tasting burger will just disappear from this world? That's how I feel about this. It's affordable (SGD $25), doesn't dry out fast, doesn't smudge, doesn't flake, washes off with WARM WATER ONLY, which also means it won't indirectly harm my precious lashes with all the tugging and pulling. Just one thing, I realized some of my friends doesn't get the false-lash effect I get from this mascara and I am pretty sure it's the method of application.

First I curl with lashes lightly, then I apply and wait for at least 2 minutes for it to dry partially. Thirdly, I apply again and try to brush as thoroughly as possible. I repeat these three steps until I get the length and volume I want. Note: By this time my lashes has gotten extremely droopy and it doesn't matter! Because what's crucial is YOU NEED TO CURL YOUR LASHES AFTER they are completely dry. Just crimp your lashes as how you would do normally, but with minimal pressure. Repeat crimping a few more times and you'll know what they mean by false-lash effect.

on 5/8/2015 8:29:00 AM

amazing holy grail

on 10/14/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Background: Asian with straight eye lashes (lash curler is necessary), with satisfied length naturally.

Wand & Formula-wise:
It has a slightly bigger (fatter) wand then usual mascara, good for separation.
The formula is in the wet side, so it takes around 2 weeks after opening to achieve the best result (2-3 coats for me).
I could only do a thin coat with a new tube; otherwise the heaviness would weight my eye lashes down, even after using eye lash curler on my straight lashes.

Application & Result-wise:
Compared with my HG Clinique High Impact Mascara, it has better lengthen effect, as it contains more fiber.
If I use multiply-coats, it could look a bit false lashes-ish, but then it could look little clumpy too due to the fiber, so everything comes with 2 sides.
Just for reference:
Volume: MAC Zoom Lashes (waterproof) > Clinique High Impact (non-waterproof) > Dejavu
Length: Dejavu> Clinique High Impact > MAC Zoom Lashes

Wear-time-wise:
I use the regular non waterproof version in red tube. And it never ever smudges on me!

Removal-wise:
Same as Clinique it comes off easily with slightly warm water, so I could remove it during shower without extra products.
In fact, this is the first mascara that breaks my waterproof mascara habit! Impressed!

Life-time-wise:
As I wear mascara only 1 or 2 times a week max. so a tube last for a year (I know it's not supposed and recommended).
Since the formula is kind of wet, basically it's still wet and do-able when I replace it after past the 12 month mark.

My though:
Used to be my GH mascara for few years (now is Clinique High Impact Mascara - for a less wet formula and compromise result).
I need to stress IT IS A REALLY GOOD MASCARA, and especially if length is your first agenda, I would highly recommend it!
Because personally my lashes have good length naturally as Asian, so volume is more importance from the two.
Again, removal is effortless with slightly warm water, and never smudges, not once! Those are very importance for me when choosing a mascara nowadays.

P.S. I also review the Clinique High Impact and MAC Zoom Lashes (waterproof) if you are interested please check-out.

I've tried different brands and still come back to this one. I can claim it my favorite now. It lengthens my lashes with a natural curl. I don't have to use a curler. I'm not really after volume, so it's fine. What I like the best is how 'clean' it feels when using it - no clumping, no smudges, just long and separate lashes. It's easy to remove and feels much kinder on my sightly dry eyes than other brands. I've decided to abandon my recent found, Max Factor Masterpiece.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great mascara! I have short and sparse Asian lashes and this mascara makes them long and full! However, this is the type of mascara that will make you have spidery or clumpy lashes if you do not apply it properly or if you have applied too much due to the fibers in the mascara. It's very rare to find it in stores in Canada but I was lucky enough to get one for $20, pretty decent for the amount of product you get. The wand is comparable to the Maybelline Falsies Mascara; it has a curved brush and the formula is very thin and layerable. This mascara has lasted me throughout the day of sweat, oils, rubbing, and crying! The best part is that this mascara can be removed easily with lukewarm water; no hassle of getting makeup remover that can irritate the delicate eye area. If you're looking for a holy grail mascara, you should try this!

on 5/6/2014 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara does nothing length or volume wise for me, but what it does is completely smudgeproof and waterproof any mascara when used as a "top coat".

I have monolids and that means most of my lashes are buried under my lids. So whenever I blink, my lids rub against my lashes and smudge whatever I'm using. This mascara is the only mascara that can survive my eyes. I use any mascara I want underneath, seal it with this mascara and my lashes stay put all day.

I always make sure I buy 2 whenever I get this, just to make sure I have a spare available in case I lose it. It's that good.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

So, I am an Asian girl who has next to non-existent lashes. So I am constantly looking out for lengthening mascara. After trying almost all the lengthening ones out there... None of the single mascaras will do, so I started mixing products to get my desired result... My recent favourite mix - in the order I apply them: MJ Lash bone - Fiberwig - MJ Lash King. Then my eyelashes becomes visible.

Now to talk about the products on it's own. The formula is runny, I have to be careful, it takes a little while to dry, and it ended up on my eyelids a few times so bad I had to remove all eye make up and start again. The upside to that is that I have been using it for a while, but it doesn't dry and clump up the way a lot of other mascaras do when they start to dry up in the tube. Since I started layering with different mascaras the runny formula isn't a problem anymore. The effect is quite impressive by itself, makes my lash look quite a bit longer, but layering Lash king on top of it just gives it a little more omph! If I have to choose one mascara I would go for this one anyway. I really like it. ;)

on 12/17/2013 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! It is great for lengthening, decent for volume, no flakes, smudging or clumps.
This is my go to. I've found if you use the wand curl side out it goes on better.
I've probably gone through 4 or 5 tubes in a year. I order from Ebay, seems to be the best price.

This is one of my favourite mascaras! I have stubborn and straight Asian eye lashes, and this one does the trick.

This mascara gives me long, separated and feathery-like lashes. It is buildable for length but not for volume. This is one of the mascaras I like to use when I travel, it is reliable because it does not smudge and can tolerate changing weather and environment. On the other hand it can be quite difficult to remove it. I always have use an oil-based eye make-up remover (such as Lancme's Bi-facil). Use the remover on a cotton pad, put it on the eye lashes and press it there for a while until the mascara dissolves and then rub very gently. Repeat if needed. Then wash your face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this product. It's a pretty nice mascara.
I have sparse Asian lashes so the fibres in this helped a lot with making my lashes more noticeable. It's a nice deep black. The formula doesn't clump too much and it can be worked with a lot to build up lots of length. Although, at a certain point, the fibre extensions will start to look wonky as they don't have the same curve as your actual lashes. It dries to a very natural texture and doesn't come off throughout the day unless you rub your eyes a lot. If you like to curl your lashes after mascara, this stuff will dry enough so you can. I remove this with warm water and it rubs right off in little strings that stick together. No need for makeup remover if you're wearing this alone.
This is probably the nicest mascara I've used! I like it, but I recall buying it for a rather hefty price from SaSa in China... and it'd be even more expensive in Canada... So I don't think I'll be repurchasing. I would, however, recommend this. Regardless of what type of lashes you have, if you wanted longer lashes that still look natural, this is your best bet.