3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I purchased this mascara based on reviews from MUA and Beautipedia. Pros: Did not sting or irritate my eyes, not harsh or stiff. Cons: Need to use eye makeup remover to completely remove, then there is still light residue left under the eye. Clumpy lashes, no volume or color intensity. More like an ash gray black. Verdict: If you are looking for a natural, clean mascara without all the chemicals, has some hold and definition but not stiff, Lily Lolo mascara is great.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

THIS is my HG mascara. I have long, thin, stick-straight lashes that won't hold a curl without extreme measures. I layer this on top of L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof mascara and it works wonders. It could be used alone if your lashes are a bit thicker. It's somewhat volumizing, but I use it more for definition and curl hold (It'll give even your tiniest of lashes some love - and without clumps!). I took off 2 lippies for the price and the ugly packaging. It's not cheap or pretty - but none of the Peter T Roth products really are. It is however, definitely worth the cost.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

I got the mini version that came in a gift set. I used up the whole tube, and felt like it looked natural but added some darkness to my eyelashes. Overall pretty good, but not sure I would repurchase based on the cost. There's probably something comparable and less expensive. That being said, it didn't clump or smell chemically, which some mascaras do to me, so that was a plus.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination

HairBlack

2 years ago

Update: This is a tubing mascara. Comes off in shreds. Who knew? I never thought about buying a treatment mascara but it makes sense since I have been using latisse for nearly 2 years. My lashes are now long and thick and even a little curled. Totally 180 from where I started. So if I can find a mascara that gives my lashes a little extra treatment during the day in my mascara I will try it. So this mascara is supposed to have the PTR serum in it that it is his version of lash growth serum. And the mascara is good, I get length, volume, and great wearability. No clumping, smudging or flaking. It is a little hard to take off so I do have to use a makeup remover and cannot just rely on my cleanser. (Tried that and had residue left the next day.) Also leaves my lashes feeling soft. I love the brush. It is a narrow rubber bristle brush, perfect for my small eyes. It is like Bare Minerals Flawless Definition brush. At Sephora this runs for $22.00 but I found for cheap on Jet.com, and I will keep my eye out for Beauty Brand's sale. I don't know about long-term effects yet. Will update when I do.

About reviewer (1591 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I tried it on it the store for some odd reason and I thought it seemed legit. For the most part it's okay cuz it made my lashes look long. But it just made them look long and stringy. No volume or curl. I wouldn't recommend it. I'll stick to my lash blast.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

fromManue

3 years ago

I prefer a natural look, so I really like this mascara. It makes my lashes darker and a bit longer, while keeping them separated. I hate clumpy looking lashes. It holds well throughout the day even when I have workouts. The ingredients are not completely clean, but none of the natural mascaras that I've tried perform this well. Overall, a great mascara for an everyday natural look; you should definitely look elsewhere if what you want is dramatic / party lashes.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I've lost count of the number of brands of mascara I've tried. I've stopped using waterproof mascara due to the damage it was doing my lashes This is water resistant, not proof, so more gentle than waterproof but provides some protection when I am cycling in the winter in the UK. This is a great medium priced mascara. It lengthens and separates, provides real definition of the lashes without clumping. Doesn't flake or smudge but is easily removed with make up remover.

About reviewer (208 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

fromgnat

5 years ago

I have tried many, many mascaras over the years and this is fantastic mascara. What I look for in a mascara is length, volume and separation and this mascara checks all those boxes for me. Also, it does not smudge or flake and it only comes off when I take it off. I got my tube on Amazon for $15, so the price point is pretty good too. I will be buying again.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This is the perfect mascara for me when I just want to wear one for day to day errands and activities. The wand really does a great job at lifting and separating the lashes as well as elongating. Two coats of this is ideal for nighttime more dramatic looks but overall is a good mascara to have on hand. It doesn't clump and isn't that hard to remove. I like the way it separates my lashes and makes them look long and full. When I apply this on top of my MUFE Smoky Extravagant mascara the results are to die for!! lol (pun intended). Love using the two together. But yes, alone this is definitely a keeper. No complaints thus far and I've had it for several months.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBlack

fromblee

5 years ago

This mascara didn't do much for me. Granted, it did not clump, flake or smear, but overall, it didn't add much volume or length. My absolute biggest complaint is that it completely took the curl out of my lashes. If you have very naturally curly lashes and are looking for a simple, almost no makeup look---this may be for you. This was terrible for my stick straight lashes. I would not die for these lashes, but each time I apply this mascara it does kill me to watch my curls dissolve away! I'll stick to more dramatic, heavy-duty, waterproof mascaras.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age30-35