Black Radiance Complexion Perfection - Shine Control Primer

Black Radiance Complexion Perfection -  Shine Control Primer

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tribehenin, Cetyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Isododecane, Silica, Triethanolamine, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Trisodium EDTA, Cellulose Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer 3, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has become my holy grail primer. It keeps my makeup fresh ALL day! This is s must have product for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I've used and repurchased this product. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and I generally have to use a primer, a mattifyer, oil blocker, a setting powder, and sometimes more to get my makeup to last more than two hours. Don't get me wrong, I still had to use all of those things but using this primer my makeup had a lot more longevity. I'd only have to blot once or twice depending on how long my day was. I use this in conjunction with MOM, and monistat chafing gel. I'd recommend this product for anyone with oily skin!

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

This primer doesn't really glide across your skin smoothly, it has a sticky/thick feel to it. I think it did help my makeup last longer than it normally would, but the feeling it had on my skin was like wiping stick glue on my face (even though it comes in a squeeze container, it just has the same consistency as stick glue)

It's the first primer that I ever used, so I didn't really know what I was up against until I tried something else. It works, if you're looking for something less creamy or moisturizing then this is definitely a good product for you. It didn't break me out or damage my skin at all, it just wasn't the type of consistency I wanted.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great primer. First I've used the brown tinted primer by Rimmel; stopped using because it was smelly and broke me out. One day in WalMart I saw it, purchased, and fell in love. Nice and light. A little thick. A small, tiny squirt covers my entire cheek. I use it on my eyelids. Not greasy or smelly at all. So far no breakouts -- it's all good.

on 6/20/2013 11:40:00 AM

I have only used this once so far, so I don't know how accurate my review will be, but I already love it. The first time I used it I also used a bb cream and I was outside all day. Typically my skin becomes very oily and if I touch my face outside my makeup will come off on my fingers. Not a good look. However, when I used this, my makeup lasted way longer than usual and did not come off on my fingers! I also did not get as oily as I normally would have. It was very different from any other primers I have used. Any former primers I have tried have come out in a clear, gel like form that felt slippery on my face. This one comes out in a white lotion form, and it blends very easily into your skin (however, I applied moisturizer and then directly after that applied the primer). If you wait for your moisturizer to dry/sink into your skin then the primer may not apply as easily for you. I didn't sense any weird smell from the product, and if there was one it disappeared upon application. One of the main ingredients in this is kaolin, which is in a lot of purifying face masks that oily skinned people may use (Or at least I know it is in the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque). So I believe this primer is definitely best if you have combination/oily skin- if you have any dry patches you will more than likely not like this primer. Although if you have dry skin I don't know why you would pick up a shine controlling primer! :)

This was definitely nothing special. I was dissapointed after finally tracking it down (online). I've heard so many raves from oily skinned girls for this primer & yet it did nothing to control my pizza-face. My pores weren't minimized, it didn't prime my skin (foundation actually looked really cakey), & the texture was disgusting. Black Radiance Complexion Perfection primer felt very tacky & heavy on my skin. In turn, I had to use a lot more powder to set my make up.

Will not repurchase. I currently like Nuetrogena's Shine Control primer.

on 4/19/2013 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product. It keeps my t-zone oil free for about 2-3 hours. After that I'm blotting. It's a good beginners product though.

on 4/4/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Have been using this for the past 4 months. It's ok...nothing spectacular. It keeps my t zone oil free for maybe 2-3 hours then I'm an oil slick all over again. Doesn't take much product to cover your face though.

on 7/24/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

As a women with an extremely oily t-zone, I can vouch that this product works! I apply a pea-sized amount all over my face after my moisturizer (and sometimes in place of my moisturizer during the summer when I'm doubly oily) and before my foundation, and it keeps my oils at bay and my makeup fresh for hours! I didn't realize how well it worked until I caught a glimpse of myself in my rear view mirror one day when I rushed to put on my makeup and forgot to layer this on. I was an oil slick three hours after applying my makeup and continuously had to apply powder throughout the day! This stuff works! Give it a try.

I have used this primer in hopes of controlling oil on my skin, especially in the t-zone. This was recommended by one of my favorite beauty blogger sites, nouveaucheap. I was sure I would love this product and was very surprised to find out that only after 3-4 uses, my face broke out terribly! Smaller, congested blemishes, along the t-zone- which obviously narrowed it down to what was causing the problem. I read some reviews below that stated the same thing, and I will say that I have an extensive evening cleansing routine, so could not be that I did not remove it completely. I might give it a try again in the future, but for now- especially in the summer months, I unfortunately will have to stay away from using this product! :(