Dior Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Flash--662 Extravagant Grenadine

No Image

on 1/25/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i fell in love with the colour in the bottle, and stupidly bought it wothout trying it on. The packaging is stunning, fantastic quality (feels unbreakable and unscratchable), closes with a click, big amount of product inside. However, it goes on very sheer, the texture is quite liquid and not "goopy" enough to provide enough coverage to show all the beauty of its color and to have decent staying power. the fine pink, gold and silver shimmer run into the lines on the lips, as, again, the lipgloss isnt thick enough to hold them in place. it is super moisturizing, is very cpmfortable to wear and lips feels protected both during and after wear. Stays on for barely 2 hours without eating/drinking. Not sticky whatsoever! The fragrance is very subtle, smells like sugar out of a packet (i know, weird). Will keep using it for its lip care properties until it runs out, but will not purchase again. Persons who like to wear their lipgloss in a super thin layer just for some wet shine might find this product wonderful

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I purchased this on an impulse, but I have to say I am pretty satisifed.
First comment: this is NOT fuchsia as someone below has commented.
This is a strawberry rose with warm undertone and a ton of glitter.
I love Dior glosses (high quality, gorgeous shades they do not feather, stay put and are not sticky), and I even more love this new line of ultra glosses that are declined in 6 shades x 3 families (Glow finish, Pearly finish and the last, Flash, is glittery).
I love the new packaging, a bit "bulkier" and heavier (=more plexiglass) than the previous editions.
The cap/stopper is still shiny silver chromed but has a different shape (more rounded) and the tube contains slightly more product : 6.3 grams instead of the "typical" 6 grams of the previous Dior Ultra gloss. (I did a side by side comparison).
I was drawn to this shade (#662) because of the brightness of the shade itself.
I compared in the store this gloss to the YSL Golden gloss in shade #4. I always thought YSL Golden Glosses were the more brilliant & glittery glosses on the market...but this Flash line is even MORE glittery than Golden glosses! it's amazing how it shone under a spotlight. I had to have it!
the 662 shade is perfect on medium pigmented lips.
It is not bright as in the tube, goes on sheerer therefore it makes it very wearable.
The only downside of this Dior ultra gloss the staying power.. is it not sticky at all - and many people like that - but this affect the wear... no more than 2 hours on my lips... and this is a bit disappointing as I am amazed by BB lip glossee are suepr sticky (but i love that!) and last forever; but other thant that, the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Flash 662 Extravagant Grenadine is a compliment drawing shade! Your lipgloss for the summer!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great gloss but the really very very sheer once applied. I gave me almost a nude effect with very subtle glitters, even when layered. Disappointing because it is the FLASH formula of the new glosses so I was expecting a flashier color. Also once worn it looks much more coral hue than red or pink like in the tube. I agree with the previous reviewer it gives a nice watermelon color which is very natural. I wouldn't repurchase because I like to try different colors each time and I am would love to try a much more pigmented gloss next time. If you like sheer natural tones but with extra sparkle, go for this instead of the pearl or glow formula (I tried the glow formula in Undressed Pink and it is much more pigmented and much more creamy, almost like a light thick cream you apply...I had to return it because it looked like I had shiny foundation over my lips! not natural at all) I would recommend this especially that the quality and texture of this new Dior formula is divine. Not sticky at all and a lot more oily than gel like texture I would say...for those who hate the stickiness of gloss this is perfect. Overall I would say these are all perfect glosses but so sheer that you really have to try it on before you judge the color since it really doesn't show up the same as in the tube or its description...Also, I found some swatches on internet that are really well done and give a great idea...If I could exchange it I would definitely try the Outrageous Fushia since it really looks much much more pigmented than this. I took 1 lippie of because of the unexpected sheerness of teh color. It almost has no hues... unlike its advertised flashy look in the tube, very surprising!!! I wonder if that is why Sephora has all the colors in the Flash formula except this one...
UPDATE: I just exchanged this with the Christian Dior - Addict Ultra Gloss #686 Outrageous Fuchsia in FLASH formula 6.3ml ... because I had read great reviews on other sites and the 686 was a very popular shade. I really wanted to love this especially that I exchange it thinking it would be better the the extravagant grenadine shade. But after trying it had to return it. It was very different than the 662 even if it was the same FLASH formula: this had silver sparkles that weren't smooth but stiff and itchy on the lips, as if you had small metal dust and I read that the glitters were actual very fine glass particles or something... not sure if this is true but the feeling wasn't smooth, especially when rubbing lips together you would feel the particles unlike the 662 shade. The Extravagant grenadine was much better, sheer and smooth and the particles were orange. This is intense fuchsia, highly pigmented and goes on pigmented on lips very thick and the glitters show like a sort of metalized lipstick look very 80s in my opinion, so if you like the extra glamour 80s metalized fuchsia look this would be great for you. PS This does not work for daytime look
(unless you have really thin subtle lips) no matter how glamourous your daytime look is but the 662 Extravagant grenadine works great for day as well as night looks. Hope this be helpful in deciding the shade. Hope this helps :)

on 4/25/2010 5:05:00 AM

A lovely bright pink-fuschia, this is packed with glitter. And in comparison to other glitter lip products in the market, it doesn't look as crazy glimmer as MAC Dazzleglass, for example.

When applied sheerly, it is a very lightly pigmented pink with shimmer.
Applied thickly, it is a much deeper pink, like the tube.

This is the "FLASH" formula. They are more vibrant, and much glitterier.

I say glittery, because it is gritty. You can definitely feel the glitters/shimmers.

The lasting power is over an hour, (I didn't pay attention to it after 1) but eating will make it go away.

It can be thick, but is never sticky. I like these glosses for that reason. I also love the packaging, and the brush!

The tubes are longer than the old packaging, and you get 0.3g more product for the same price :)

I have been using this everyday since I've gotten it, and I never do that.

**The pink that this gloss is, doesnt yellow my teeth as badly as some other deeper pinks out there in the market! just saying! I'm also NC20 with pigmented lips for reference.

on 4/10/2010 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Extravagant Grenadine is one of the new Flash formulations in the Dior Addict Ultra Gloss line of lip glosses. It's a brilliant fuschia color shot through with tiny gold and silver flecks, full of sparkle and flash, but not tacky or gaudy. It's a stunning color in the tube, but is not nearly as vibrant on the lips. On me, it becomes a beautiful, sheer, sparkly watermelon color. It's beautiful on its own and layers fantastically well over lipsticks. I got it to layer over the new Ravishing Rose Dior Addict Lipcolor, and they make an amazing pair...the perfect summer pink, light and clean and warm. This gloss has decent lasting power, but does not hold up to eating and drinking...plan to reapply after either. It feels very moisturizing on the lips. It's not heavy or sticky. I did take one lippie off for the applicator, which is a brush, since I prefer the doe foot applicator, but that's just my personal preference and the brush may be a great selling point for you. Overall, I'm thrilled with this gloss and plan to repurchase when the time comes.