Femme Couture Creme Foundation

3.1

Do you remember that ep of Seinfeld where the girl looks like a model in some light, then haggardly in other lighting?? That's this stuff!haha
I looked in my visor mirror and I looked **perfect** ....my skin was flawless. The color was perfect, no texture showed through, and no creasing around my eyes. Sounds good right?
So then I look in the rear view mirror--holy frikkin christ!! You could see every pore, you could see where the makeup didn't blend properly, and you could see how it didn't mesh with my undereye concealer.
I'm literally on the fence with this stuff. On the one hand, you can look like death, and on the other, you can look flawlessly glowing...wtf is up with that??? I'd post a pic but you know, internet not cool... My selfies look perfect without a filter--no pores, no problems, just great skin. But in certain light--like daylight--my face looks a semi-hot mess.
The product consistency is a worry too. It looks super creamy and feels the same, but the moment it goes on your skin it turns into this powder. I have dry skin so I expect stuff to be powdery on me--but I think even oily people would find this odd... it's like grease with powder mixed in. In all honesty it's like this---it seems like the company spent a ton of money on packaging and making it all look top-notch, which it does...but then ran out of money when it came time to actually **make** the product, so they said oh just toss some vaseline in with baby powder and maybe a few drops of color and we'll call it done. No, it's not done!! It sucks but it should be amazing!!!
I should have known it was gonna be a cluster when the lightest shade was called "buff"..I'm white like your kitchen appliances white, so "buff" on me is normally like a yellow-fleshy color that light blonde women would be--like 3 shades deeper than me...but it's actually too light even on my white, white skin. Holy crap!
Plus, it feels icky. I expected creamy, smooth-like a cream foundation...there wasn't any mention of cream-to-powder...cuz i hate those on my dry skin. Plus it makes application a chore. The sponge,as most included ones are, is useless. Coverage is so sheer you may as well skip it and just not use any. So I applied it with a damp beauty blender. It covers pretty nicely in two coats, and seems to blend down nicely--**however** after it sets for a few moments and gets powdery, good luck if you need to blend more. I tried blending the side of my nose and it just rubbed all the foundation off--and when I applied more, it wouldn't "take"...so I got pissed and just put concealer over the middle of my face like a highlighter and set it all with powder--more powder on a powder-finish foundation...can you say cake??
What's weird is it doesn't look terrible depending on the lighting conditions. It can look frikking amazing one minute and scary the next. I frankly don't need that....I need something that goes on, looks good and lasts til I take it off.
I give them huge props for really nice nice packaging, and the product itself looks really high-end. Unfortunately, actually using it left me feeling like they just dumped some cheap stuff together and said lets call it a day since we spent all our money on the fancy schmancy compact. Not cool FC, not cool!
Overall, I would not repurchase this under any circumstances. I have tried different primers and none make a difference--the quality of the CC cream is so low I can't call it a CC cream--it's more like moisturizer with powder. If you want CC cream, look to the Korean brands-any of the--they know how to do it right!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this!!!

I needed to tell the world how much I hate this product! I bought a very dark shade for cream contour purposes. Today I contoured my face with this and when I came back home tonight, I round that it broke my skin out terribly!!!!! 😭😭😭 I mean TERRIBLY!!!! Cysts, whiteheads and clogged pores everywhere I put this on!!!

I could end my review here, since any product that breaks me out like this, no matter great price, packaging, color or whatever, deserves a second chance.
I'm reviewing everything else for you guys anyways.

Price: it seemed to be decent at first, however, for the quality or this product, this is hella expensive. I could have bought a lipstick from MAC had I saved the money I spent on this product. So the price sucks two times!

Coverage: If you apply it with your hands, you'll get full coverage (I tried it previously in my whole face to see how I would look If my skin was darker, I know, stop laughing). If you apply it with a brush the coverage will suck, and I think sponges don't really work with this formula.

Lasting power: More that other products I've tried but still not enough.

Color: Good -_-

Packaging: Good -_-

Overall, I hate this product and wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Personally I adore femme couture products its top quality low cost makeup. This foundation has great coverage a nice texture and its fairly light weight I would definitely recommend this product to a friend. Go to your local sally beauty supply

I actually forgot I owned this product, but as it's getting warmer outside I broke out my 'summer makeup kit.' I have to keep my makeup organized like this or i wld never find what I'm looking for. I do makeup professionally and have a personal obsession. Lol. During summer weather I prefer cream foundation to liquid bc I am more more dry than normal so I like the dewiness achieved w cream. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this product again, I remember buying it and not being a fan when applied with a sponge. But this time around I used Elf's flat top powder brush, which makes any foundation look airbrushed and soft. This reminds me a lot of Gerda Spillmann's bio-fond cream foundation. But less oily. And about $40 cheaper!! I don't feel like i am wearing medium coverage makeup when I use the FC& it evens out my medium toned, freckled skin without covering them, my skin looks even, smooth, fresh and hydrated but not over done! that's hard to find in a foundation. No need for a setting powder. I apply this over palladio face primer and follow with Rimmel's Stay Blushed liquid cheek tint. And sometimes follow with NYX dewy finish setting spray and I have a fresh natural glowy look that lats a good 8 hours! I'm so glad I tried this again & just changed my application technique! I will buy as long as they make it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're a fan of MAC Full coverage makeup but not a fan of the price then you'll love this:) alot of people are complaining of how "hard" it is to swipe off with the sponge to use. Try swirling ur fingers around to apply the product your body heat will make it soften And go on smoothly and also you will have better control of not slabbing it with the sponge. not fan of using your fingers to apply? then dampen the sponge lightly with water and squeeze the excess out it will soften the product and make it easier to apply but keep in mind that the coverage will be lighter if you take this route.

I would buy this again, but they discontinued my shade! I was using the Natural Buff 827120. I'm a fair-skinned Scots-Irish lass with warm undertones and I have a tough time finding foundations that don't turn me orange. I nabbed this product during a Sally sale and fell in love with it. The container is bulky to allow for a large sized-mirror. I sort of dislike it, as I have no use for a mirror: I only touch up powder, and I apply foundations at home in front of a large vanity mirror. :/ I don't know if Femme changed the formula for this, since mine swiped onto the sponge fairly easily and offered good, blendable coverage. Care needs to be taken, though, as cream foundations can cake on easily if applied with a heavy hand. As a comparison, the texture greatly resembles that of Manic Panic's Goth White cream foundation.
I'm so irritated my shade was discontinued!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I actually like this foundation for a full coverage, creamy foundation - similar to MAC full coverage cream foundation. It is hard like the reviewer said but if you scrape some off and soften it in your hand - it is quite lovely coverage but only if you have dry skin - this must be set with powder though to prevent transfer.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sally Beauty Supply is a dangerous place, I'm tellin' ya. If you love cosmetics, hair products, etc., you can lose all sense of time in this tiny store. Anyway, I was in one of my "Sally" moments when I purchased the Femme Couture Flawless Touch Creme Foundation. This is a brand that they exclusively market. I rather like creme foundations for their convenience...just swipe a sponge across the compact and apply. This foundation costs approximately $14.00...can't remember exactly the amount. What I DO remember is that it's extremely HARD. I swipe, swipe, swipe with sponge to get enough product. I tried using one of my throwaway sponges that I normally use, but it ripped. So, I used the one that comes with the product. It didn't rip, but I just didn't feel like anything was being deposited on my skin. I gave up on this after about day 3 and took it back to Sally's the following weekend. The compact itself is typical...is about 8 inches long with 1/2 devoted to product and 1/2 devoted to the sponge with a mirror on the inner lid. Just not my favorite foundation by a long shot. I'd keep looking if I were you. :)