Mystic Tan boost

No Image

1 review

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a gradual tan that is meant to "boost" your tan that you get from the mystic tan "build" lotion. It is no longer available for sale in the full sized tube on its own, only in a kit with travel sizes of "boost" and "glow".
Ulta is discontinuing this, so I picked it up on clearance for 13.99. I would have probably never purchased it for the full price.
Anyway, onto my review.. It is pretty decent for a gradual self tanner, it does not have an awful smell upon application like the rest of the steps of the mystic tan system (ive tried glow and build) It smells clean and flowery but not in a nauseating kind of way. The "self tanner smell' is minimal to none when the tan develops. The lotion is fairly hydrating as well upon application.
However, the tan that develops after several hours is veeeery minimal too. Natural looking, but very minimal.
Also, after a while it can leave my skin feeling pretty dry.
I learned to use this only to maintain results of a stronger self tanner like Sun Ultra Dark, or on days when i see my color start to fade and I dont want that self tanner smell or the color guide on my clothes.
I have already repurchased a back up tube, the last one I saw at my ulta.
As far as repurchasing, I probably wont as it is not available separately anymore, only in a tiny tube with other items which i do not like.
I would only repurchase a full tube for the price I paid if i see it again, but I wont go and hunt it down.