Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerEye Roller

3.9

on 4/26/2010 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this in the medium / dark.

This is actually a pretty good concealer although I cannot comment on the anti-puffing claim that it has.

I have an issue with concealer seeming to disintegrate / crack/ flake every so often. I've heard this happens when you have dry skin around your eyes but I don't notice that I do, but my concealers (i've tried mac, estee lauder, various drug store brands) always seem to flake in any case. With this concealer I do notice it happens significantly less. Maybe that is due to the think cosnistency.

It's a very thin consistency, but does have a strong colour. On aplication it does kind of settle into your eye socket line, but I rub this and once i set with powder its quite amazing and lasts throughout the day and it's not until the late evening that I notice it starts settling into my socket line.

Negatives:
What has annoyed me is that it comes in two colours. Fair and Medium/Dark. The Medium / dark one is actually pretty light to be called medium/dark.
Roller ball can be a little annoying but not a big deal.
Nice looking packaging but its a waste for what is virtually a fat pen size roller. Could do with less packaging and charging less for it.

No comment:
Its ability to reduce puffyness around the eyes. My eyes aren't really puffy, they just have darkness.

on 5/13/2010 5:42:00 AM

I've tried most of the expensive undereye concealers in the market, and this by far is the best. Nevermind about the anti-puffiness and dark circle properties, I have not actually looked at it close enough to see if it does work, but the concealing properties are better than any I've tried. I use Laura Mercier Secret eye brightening powder and together, they work like magic. They last even longer than my foundation.

It is about time! Finally a product that WORKS!
I have dark under-eye circles (thanks to stress and late nights of studying) so I've taken a recommendation and purchased this cheap product (15 AUD). The sheer tinted liquid surprisingly covers my darkness/redness... I use it on the corners of my nose, too, where it can also become quite dark.. also some mild pimples.

LOVE:
It stays on all day
Doesn't 'melt' into creases/pores
Doesn't look//feel like makeup - my bf hates me wearing makeup so I wear this and say I'm not wearing any =)
I don't even have to wear foundation anymore!!!
And when I do wear it with foundation, it stays put and looks so natural

HATE:
Nothing!!!

EDIT***

Sorry to change my mind, but this oxidises HEAPS. It goes from looking natural to looking orange really quickly. Now I use Mary Kay concealer (dirt cheap without the oxidisation)

on 7/28/2010 12:09:00 PM

I have deep set eyes, hereditary dark circles & I don't sleep normally. I always use very pigmented concealers to cover my circles and yet they are still visible (due to the structure of my face). I bought this to use it at the beach and generally when I cannot have a full make up and I didn't expected too much, just a little coverage. But I was surprised with the results! This has covered my dark circles, I dare to say I got the same results I get from a more pigmented and heavier concealer (Artdeco camouflage, Malu Wilz Camouflage, Coverderm), but without the cakey effect. It is a very light, easy to apply, doesn't set in lines and really covers! I can't say if it's moisturising, because I'm using an eye cream underneath.

on 8/4/2010 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am fortunate not to have the problem of dark under-eye circles but have always been on the lookout for a concealer that will aid in reducing morning puffiness, brighten the eye area, and yet not settle into fine lines. I absolutely have found my HG concealer in this product by Garnier. This concealer comes in a hourglass shaped container with a metal rollerball at one end. The combination of the rollerball applicator and the caffeine in the product are supposed to stimulate microcirculation and for me, really seem to reduce the under-eye puffiness that I sometimes wake up with in the morning. The concealer itself it light, creamy and blends effortlessly. It is long-lasting, does not look cakey or settle into the fine lines under my eye and really makes my eyes look bright and wide awake. One tip that might be helpful is that you should store this upright. Because of the rather thin, liquidy consistency of the product, if you store it lying down, some of the product seems to leak into the cap. I paid $11.99 for it at Target and in my opinion, it was worth every penny and I will continue to repurchase again and again.

on 8/12/2010 2:43:00 PM

i'm 14,(on mom's account) and have the occasional extremely dark circles under my eyes. I needed a concealer that wouldn't flake or crease under my eyes, but would still cover up my darkness. This does provide coverage for circles and brightens over time. But, the color match is a turn-off. It's a little too dark for me, and they provide no other shades,so that stinks. Careful, store this right side up. I liked this but i now find myself using NYX concealers.

on 8/27/2010 11:30:00 AM

I love trying new products in general so when I saw a commercial for this, I said I need to try it. I have deep set eyes and stubborn dark circles and have tried numerous concealers with some success. I wasn't sure if the thin consistency of this product would be enough to cover my circles and last all day, but so far, overall, it does a really nice job. I love how cool the rollerball feels in the morning. I don't have much issue with puffiness, but it's still a nice sensation. I generously roll this on under my eyes and then usually just use my finger to blend and set with powder. It seems to have just a hint of shimmer which I think helps to diffuse the look of dark circles. It helps brighten the eye area overall. I'd be willing to get this again.

I am in love with this thing! First of all I wasn't paying attention to the commercial and I just thought it was a treatment. When I went to test it out I found out it's a concealer too. And the best under eye concealer I have ever purchased. I stopped wearing concealer a few years ago because I could not find one that didn't make me look older by making my wrinkles look more prominent and the skin look dry. I would pay twice as much for this. It's amazing. It's thin and easy to blend so I'm not tugging on the delicate skin but gives amazingly natural looking coverage. It's long lasting under my eyes. I have also been using it around my nose and chin. It's the perfect thing to have in your purse if you don't want to carry your whole makeup bag. I LOVE IT!!!

on 9/3/2010 6:14:00 AM

I tried this in the Fair shade although I was sceptical! However it is a great concealer. You only need a small amount, it is very light and covers dark circles easily without causing any dry patches or showing up lines. I even extend it down a bit to cover minor sun damage.
Despite the thin consistency it covers well and stays put for a long time. Currently on UK shelves for 4.99 , advertised at 9.99 but not seen at over 6.99!
My dilemma is that the 3rd ingredient on the list is alcohol denat. which probably accounts for much of the 'cooling'. this worries me as it can dry skin which may cause more lines. There is also a LOT of packaging which I don't think it really needs.
I don't really suffer from bags so can't comment on its effectiveness there but I am torn between the alcohol issue and how good the concealer is. I would probably get again but make sure I moisturise under the eyes first.

This was an impulse buy but I kind of love it so far. The cooling sensation feels amazing in the morning and shockingly the "sheer tint" concealer is actually working for me! I don't usually experience puffiness but I definitely have dark circles and this covers them nicely with a thin consistency that is very natural. Very impressed!