Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerAnti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerAnti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerEye Roller

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have both underye puffiness and dark circles; my dark circles are basically permanent, due to allergies and genetics. After trying the Anti-Puff version and being totally unimpressed, my expectations for the Anti-Dark Circle were low. However...it's actually amazing. It isn't full coverage (and, thus, doesn't look cakey), but it I don't look like death slightly warmed over while wearing it. You can still see just a hint of shadow beneath my eyes; it's really quite a natural look for me. I'm pale, so I thought it might be too dark, but no, it blends in perfectly with my undereye area. I have no idea what shade I have; I didn't realize it's a tinted product, and just grabbed the first one I saw. The product is several shades darker than my skin, but blends in seamlessly. I actually like Anti-Dark Circle better than I do my regular concealer.

I do have to blend after rolling it on, but I don't mind!

on 7/15/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this daily since I misplaced my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind dark circle treatment concealer. This anti-dark circle eye roller is okay. Initially upon application my eyes will burn and water (which doesn't happen with any other concealers) and the color is a little too orange so I pair it with another Wet 'n Wild makeup stick. But the used alone under foundation the coverage is decent and doesn't settle too terribly into lines.

on 4/12/2017 12:11:00 PM

I'm still not 100 percent sure on this one. If I could give it 3.5 lippies, I would. To be kind, I'm rounding up.

I have dark circles and some baggage under my eyes. This has caffeine and vitamin C, which are said in some circles to improve the undereye area's appearance, which appeals to me, for obvious reasons. Paired with the little metal roller ball, application feels cool for a second, which I hope helps reduce puffiness a tiny bit. If nothing else, it feels nice. I also was pulled in by the sheer tint. The light/medium works well on my light skin, at least in the undereye area. If this was a concealer for my forehead or something, it wouldn't work so well, but for an area that needs a blast of brightness, it's right on.

So far I like this. I'm in my 40s and have the aforementioned dark circles/bags, and I'm starting to see more lines around my eyes, along with a more crepe-y texture. It feels nice to use the roller to apply it, and it's not a thick, goopy formula, so it blends easily and seamlessly on me.

Update (Aug. 2017): I've tried this for a while now, maybe three or four days a week. I've used it when I wear glasses, when my trouble spots are less visible, or without, when I feel like a spotlight is on my undereye region. So far I'm still in the middle on this. I don't notice any improvement in dark circles, but when I do use it, it softens the undereye area's darkness. It does not mask them entirely, but it does blur and diminish them somewhat, and it doesn't ever seem to crease for me. That last one is a real relief because it's not a lovely surprise to find the equivalent of crepe paper under one's eyes at 2 in the afternoon.

So far I'm not noticing any major problems with it settling into lines, etc. I wouldn't say it's long lasting, but it's easy enough and liquidy enough to touch up. It does not erase my dark circles but it does buff them away somewhat and make them look a bit less prominent. (I know if I want a real, permanent fix, it's laser or surgery time for me.) But this does help, making me feel a bit less ghoulish, and I'd rather have the lighter coverage and less settling in lines than a heavier formula that just emphasizes trouble spots. I'm happy there's no real scent here, either, unlike some past incarnations of Garnier skin care.

I haven't used it long enough to say if it's making any long-term improvements, like less noticeable dark circles, but I'll enjoy using this and finding out.

on 5/7/2017 4:19:00 AM

It was years ago I saw this reviewed on Maskcara and I still use it. I must have bought at least 7 by now, they last me about 6-8 months of daily use. Most days, this is the only concealer I use (I don't have AMAZING skin, I'm just lazy!!). It is not full-coverage. It will not cover a breakout so I keep a cream concealer on hand for that. But I have very dark eye circles and apply this during my commute to work and on some redness around my mouth and I look ready for the day by the time I'm there. It's thin, the roller sometimes jams but I shake it and then it's fine. It works when my skin is dry, when it's oily, any season. Has not clogged my pores in any noticeable way, doesn't burn your eyes at all either.

There are exceedingly few products I come back to time after time. This is one of them. For the purpose, I just have not found anything that does the job better. If there's ever an all-natural alternative, I'll jump ship, but for now I'm staying put.

on 2/15/2017 9:34:00 AM

It's just not a full coverage concealer for me. I don't consider my dark circles to be unusually dark, and I have used better in the past.

It was a pain smoothing it on the wrinkles towards my nose, kept having to smooth over.

It does have a nice texture when dry

Burned if it got in my eyes

Faded through the day

I love the roller effect. So simple to apply, offers decent coverage, and really is a lifesaver. I'm in college and never sleep so this is like my BFF.

Downsides- you have to blend it a lot. I would put this on before your foundation so you can blend it. The color choice is very limited (i think only 2 choices if that) and after awhile, you start getting a TON on like one roll and it gets messy easily.

on 4/7/2016 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a collection of concealers (over 20) to include cle de peau thats about $70.... How surprised was i when a friend of mine brought her roller over to my house to use for her makeup over... I actually "pffft" at it (im a makeup snob) but thank goodness she insisted on me using it bc HOLY SMOKES BATMAN ARE YOU SERIOUS? Obviously i ran out and bought one to try on myself an have been extremely impressed on sooooo many levels!

I have wrinkles under my eyes so everything usually creases but this did NOT!

I also have oily eyes so i thought for sure im going to have to cake this on for it to stay and i only end up using a sheer amount and it covers like a dream.

I have dark circles and this covers in one swipe!

Last reason why i LOVE this product; i have pores on my nose and under my eyes and after applying foundation i swipe some under my eyes down to my nose and i cannot believe the smoothness and coverage it leaves!!!

Get it bc you will not be disappointed!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This right here is my baby! I don't ever want to go without this. Total HG for me. Seems to have made my dark circles less noticeable without any makeup at all after about two months. I don't know how I ever loved without it. It's not drying, which I can't stand about concealer, looks and feels like nothing, but hides my problem and makes me look awake and refreshed. This product has gone absolutely above and beyond my expectations. It does all I want it to and more. Love the package, cooling roller ball, I think it's got a couple beneficial ingredients, it's tinted just enough, could be worn alone and still look natural, I mean wow can't beat it in my opinion. At first it might seem too sheer but then after about a week it started to be the only concealer I needed. Love this, can't reccomend it enough... GO GET THIS ONE

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I bought this product a few years ago and didn't really love it. A few months back they had this on clearance at Stop & Shop and for the price I just had to grab it. I have extremely dark circles so it initially never gave me enough coverage, that was until I figured out the perfect way to apply it . I use orange concealer first to cancel out the blue/purple under my eyes. Then apply my foundation and then I apply one layer under my eye of this concealer and let it dry for about one minute, then I apply a second layer and again let it dry for about one minute, then I blend out with a damp beauty blender and it is literally the most flawless looking concealer I have used (and I have tried a lot due the dark circles). it is now my go to concealer!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this to help with slight dark undereye circles. I believe it's supposed to reduce darkness over time, but I don't think it does.

The roller feels nice on the skin. However I stopped using the roller after a few uses because it put too much product on and you can't blend it into the skin with the roller. So I dab it with my fingers instead.

I didn't find it to cover my under eye circles alone. I think because it's a little bit too thin. I had to put a different concealer on first, then I would add this because it did seem to brighten the area a bit and make me look more awake.

I've also used it over top dry patches because it seemed to help make those areas less dry and less cakey.

I do like aspects of this eyeroller, but I'm not sure I would buy again.