Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerEye Roller

3.4

on 9/20/2013 2:38:00 PM

I didn't like this at all.It feels dry and sticky and doesn't cover much. and it's FULL of alcohol. What on earth is that stuff doing in a product for use under the eyes!?Alcohol at this level will dry out skin and cause collagen breakdown .You don't even have to FEEL or SEE the damage this amount of alcohol will cause , but believe me it's taking place under the skin's suface..One for the bin I think.

on 12/13/2011 9:06:00 AM

I like it BUT Paula Begouin Beautypedia website says:

Review:
This lightweight serum is packaged in a tube with one end having a metal roller-ball applicator. You’re supposed to massage it over dark circles for quick relief, but don’t count on instant or long-term improvement, or any dark circle-related benefit from this type of packaging.

It would be great if we could instantly roll away dark circles, but it’s just not possible. Massaging skin to stimulate circulation isn’t the answer in this case, because increasing blood flow to the undereye area can actually make dark circles look even darker. Also, some types of dark circles are due to pigmentation issues that are either hereditary or from sun damage. These types of dark circles don’t respond to massage or any of the ingredients in this product.

Although the roller-ball applicator is a “neat-o” factor, what’s dispensed is far more problematic than exciting. The formula contains a high amount of alcohol and the sunscreen ingredient ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate. The alcohol causes collagen breakdown and hurts skin’s healing process—two things guaranteed to make dark circles worse—and the sunscreen ingredient isn’t the best for use so close to the eye itself (it can cause stinging).

You would be far better off treating your eye area with a fragrance-free serum loaded with collagen-stimulating antioxidants and keeping it protected daily with a sunscreen rated SPF 15 or greater. Those steps will help your dark circles considerably more than this product will!

Pros: None.

on 8/25/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Good concealer to wear when you're on a quick dash out the door. The roller ball applicator feels good on the skin, it's light and non drying.

on 10/29/2010 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I like this product. It is cooling and is very light. It works well to brighten my under eye area. My circles are not too dark though. I did notice a little caking one day, so I started blending it in with a small makeup sponge and that worked to eliminate caking.

on 9/5/2010 6:06:00 PM

UPDATE: so this proved to be too dry for the Sahara-like skin under my eyes. I thought I'd have to get rid of it, BUT I found another use for it. It works beautifully as a primer. I love Smashbox's primer, but it's expensive. So I use this, instead. My e/s goes on beautifully and stays till I take it off. So this keeps its 5 stars.

Chalk me up among the enthusiasts of this prod. It's wonderful. The way they got the consistency just right (not too liquid, not too thick, not too creamy) is pure genius. It is NOT sheer. It does cover (and isn't it what it's supposed to do?), but does not settle into lines nor over-dry my already dry under eye area. It comes in only one shade in the USA, which is a tad too light for me. So I got my sister to send me a Medium color from Europe and it's perfect! I do recommend this.