Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43
Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerEye Roller

3.9

on 4/7/2016 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a collection of concealers (over 20) to include cle de peau thats about $70.... How surprised was i when a friend of mine brought her roller over to my house to use for her makeup over... I actually "pffft" at it (im a makeup snob) but thank goodness she insisted on me using it bc HOLY SMOKES BATMAN ARE YOU SERIOUS? Obviously i ran out and bought one to try on myself an have been extremely impressed on sooooo many levels!

I have wrinkles under my eyes so everything usually creases but this did NOT!

I also have oily eyes so i thought for sure im going to have to cake this on for it to stay and i only end up using a sheer amount and it covers like a dream.

I have dark circles and this covers in one swipe!

Last reason why i LOVE this product; i have pores on my nose and under my eyes and after applying foundation i swipe some under my eyes down to my nose and i cannot believe the smoothness and coverage it leaves!!!

Get it bc you will not be disappointed!

on 4/3/2015 2:45:00 AM

This happens to be my go to under eye product. I have three back ups now. I use it on a regular basis and do not really need any other things for the purpose. I do not have massive under eye dark circles and so this one does the job for me. It is of thin texture which I personally like and has a cooling effect too. The packaging is good and user friendly and the price is affordable as well. This would be one of my holy grail products with really decent staying power. A big thumps up for this one and It would make me sad if Garnier discontinued this product. So yes I would definitely repurchase this as and when I need it.

on 2/20/2014 4:47:00 PM

Magic tube of goodness! Love the consistency of this product, as it goes on super-thin, covers well, but doesn't get caught in the fine lines around my eyes.

If I want more coverage, I do an extra layer or two and then top it off with Make Up Forever's HD Powder. The MUA powder sets this stuff beautifully and keeps my fine lines from causing creases. As I get older, I hate those tell-tale undereye cover-up creases far more than the dark circles I'm trying to hide away.

Extra tip - you may not want to bring this in your airplane carry-on. The cabin pressurization caused a bunch to leak into the cap. Didn't ruin the product or the tube, but was a bit messy & wasteful.

on 1/19/2013 12:22:00 PM

I can't believe I wasted money on Touche Eclat and undereye concealers! Although Touche Eclat does not settle into my wrinkles as bad as most, it does settle. I am not going to say that the Garnier eye roller does not settle into my fine lines, but it barely does, and it does the best job so far of any of the concealers/highlighters that I have tried of covering dark circles and brightening my undereye area.

on 12/21/2012 12:54:00 PM

I don't know what everyone else is raving about; I hate this product so much. For me it was a total waste of $15 (which I consider to be fairly expensive for a drugstore brand). It makes me look about 10 years older than I am, settles into fine lines, and does not blend with my skin. It is literally one of the worst concealers I've tried. The rollerball dispenses way too much product, is imprecise, and cannot be very hygienic. An absolute disaster on me.

on 9/19/2012 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. It works well even when I don't put on any other makeup and while it doesn't cover them completely, it does do a pretty good job at hiding my dark circles. The price is fantastic too. Only giving it a 4 because by the time I go to do under my second eye, I have to roll it up and down my hand a bit to get the same amount of coverage I got on the first eye.

on 8/22/2012 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is a very good product.

Considering its price and that you can find it anywhere here, even in the supermarket, it is a star product.

Pros:
-liquid texture: for me it is a plus because it does not feel heavy,feels more appropriate for the under-eye delicate skin and it is buildable.
- stays put: does not settle into fine lines (nor does it make them disappear though)
-ease of use
-excellent packaging to carry in your bag
- excellent for touch ups or pick-me-ups, it does not smudge your makeup.
-fairly inexpensive

cons:
- not "luminous" enough: I find its finishing a bit too matte for my taste. For you over 35, I would higlhy recommend prepping with a light eyecream underneath for best results.
- does not have any antiaging, anti-dark cirle effect: marketed as such, it does not deliver. I do not have heavy dark cirle/line/puffines issues to begin with, but after 3 months of use, I have not experienced any benefits.

VERDICT:
This is a very good "value for money" undereye illuminator and not a skincare product (even though it is marketed as such), which is fairly gentle on the delicate undereye skin, performs better than many highend illuminatiors out there and it is definatelly worth a shot.

For those of you familiar with Guerlain's precious light illuminator, the Garnier product is inferior for sure, but a very close second, and when the budget is tight, this is an excellent alternative!

Looooooooooove this! Great texture, medium coverage, brightening. BUT, after a couple months I finally realized it's this that is giving me the milia around my eyes. Probably because it's mineral-based. So upset, because I love it otherwise! :/

on 4/23/2012 7:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an everyday product for me. I use it along with the clear roller since I have quite a bit of puffiness, hooded lids, and some bagginess. The combination of the two really helps a lot with all of these problems, I find after an hour or so my eyes are much smoother, less puffy, and the hoods are less. The tint in the colored roller is great, very thin consistency, super easy to blend, yet has a lot of coverage. I apply it to my entire eye, underneath, and inner corner. It really brightens everything up, and provides coverage to hide discoloration, veins, darkness, etc. It is not enough for me to use alone as undereye concealer though if I want full coverage.. but it really makes a big difference, and I find it makes an excellent base for my concealer, and if I am in a hurry I can use it alone for decent coverage in one step. I have used it on other parts of my face as well when I want just a bit of coverage for hyperpigmentation or redness and it works well there too. Love the applicator, I have never had a problem with leaking and it goes on where you want it very easily. Lasts a really long time, I have had mine for months and it is still going strong.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What a great concept, a dark circle, under-eye treatment and concealer in one. I was really excited about trying this novel product based on the rave reviews on Youtube and MUA and am really shocked that this didn't work on me. This is one of the rare products that I dislike so much I am actually going to return it. The coverage was extremely sheer on me and seemed to magnify the fine lines around my eyes! Utterly disappointing. Just horrible. Waste of time and money.