Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 25-29
Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller
SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerSkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Dark-Circle Eye RollerEye Roller

3.9

on 5/7/2017 4:19:00 AM

It was years ago I saw this reviewed on Maskcara and I still use it. I must have bought at least 7 by now, they last me about 6-8 months of daily use. Most days, this is the only concealer I use (I don't have AMAZING skin, I'm just lazy!!). It is not full-coverage. It will not cover a breakout so I keep a cream concealer on hand for that. But I have very dark eye circles and apply this during my commute to work and on some redness around my mouth and I look ready for the day by the time I'm there. It's thin, the roller sometimes jams but I shake it and then it's fine. It works when my skin is dry, when it's oily, any season. Has not clogged my pores in any noticeable way, doesn't burn your eyes at all either.

There are exceedingly few products I come back to time after time. This is one of them. For the purpose, I just have not found anything that does the job better. If there's ever an all-natural alternative, I'll jump ship, but for now I'm staying put.

on 4/2/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I wasn't sure about this at first, but after trying out a number of other dark circle concealer products (including expensive products such as MAC) I came back to this one and actually prefer it. I have terrible tear troughs and while it doesn't cover them completely (nothing really can, anyhow) it does help with a combination of products. I apply it to my finger first and then lightly dab it from the inner corner of my tear troughs outwards, expanding the width of coverage as I move to the outer edge of my eye. It takes a bit of practice to apply it evenly. The product on its own doesn't provide amazing coverage, as it is quite 'liquidy', but I much prefer it over the cakey stuff, which creates terrible creases under my eyes. I then set it with my usual powder foundation using a flat or angled brush, concentrating on the deepest part of the troughs. Doing this doesn't seem to create creases, at least not too badly, and it provides quite an OK coverage, considering how bad my tear troughs are!

on 3/29/2015 12:48:00 PM

I was looking for a simple, inexpensive "beginner's" eye treatment for my increasingly dark (29 year old, kindergarten teacher, allergy afflicted) undereye area after my husband asked me a few weeks ago if one of my students had bumped into my nose because I looked like I had "two black eyes!" Obviously, I needed to start taking some action.

I usually use Maybelline's lumi concealer for my undereye areas and wasn't necessarily looking for a treatment+concealer but after scanning the info on the box and on MUA about this, I decided to give it a go. The concealer is a bit dark for me in the light/medium shade, as I am very fair, but not so much that it's glaringly obvious or unusable. I like the orange tint this has, as it counteracts the purple. The concealer rolls on thinly and provides light coverage. I often need to add a little more after the first layer. The roller ball puts out a measured amount of product without waste or mess, and feels cool on the eye area. I blend lightly with my fingers and am good to go, with brighter eyes and no confusion over phantom injuries. Lasts all day without needing to be powder set, with no creasing or fading. Does not irritate eye area although my eyes do tend to water/blink for just a second or two when I first apply it.

As far as the treatment portion goes, I need to give this some more time, but I haven't seen any real changes yet. I will update my review after continued use as to the overall effect of the treatment portion.

Update: ended up discontinuing use after not having ANY discernible, lasting results or change from the "treatment" component and finding the concealer portion to be less efficient than my standby, the Lumi wand. Bumping down to a 3 rating for "average."

Price: $12.69, Ulta
Packaging: Practical, efficient, appealing looking

on 11/9/2014 2:00:00 AM

I like the sheer finish and moisture content when I layered up on top of a thick concealer this helps to adjust the colour tone . I love it pretty much however now there is only a colour to choose from the drugstore

This concealer is the best because it's sheer, brightens well and covers well enough. (I use it on top of Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer.) I go for the natural look. I like that it just melds into your skin. I've tried many concealers and this is the best and that is the only reason that I keep on buying it. A close second is Rimmel's match perfection concealer, but the color that works best in that line for me only works in the summer(light medium.) The light is one shade lighter and looks a bit a ashy on my skin. Recently, I tried Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and that clung like heck, but after a while it made my under eye look dry because it seemed to cling to my skin unevenly. I also tried Lancome's Maquicomplet and liked it, but it creased too much, but looked better than Nars did on my skin.

Anyway, I found that if you want to set this concealer, try using Too Faced "Primed and Poreless" powder.

Cons: I don't think that the caffeine does anything. I also think that this product is over-priced. The worst part is that you have to prop this product up so that it doesn't leak into the cap.

on 10/9/2013 3:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this in the medium/deep shade (I'm NC 35) for about two years now and LOVE it for everyday use. I have dark undereye circles so a concealer is a must. I use a little of this almost everyday (I alternate with Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer) and set with a translucent loose powder (I use Boot's Perfect Light, which I've reviewed). The consistency is quite thin, so this is a surprisingly effective concealer. Coverage is light so it's good for daytime use. It doesn't settle into lines and it definitely makes me look more awake- dark circles are much less noticeable. It does fade a bit by the end of the day, but that's expected. Overall, this is a very good undereye concealer. I'm sold!

This is my go to under eye product for 'no makeup' makeup days- a little tinted moisturizer, mascara, lip blam, and this and I am out the door. I roll the product back and forth under my eyes about two times and blend it using patting motions with my finger tips. The shade is a good match for my light-medium skin and i the product perks up my under eye area by tightening it up a bit, brightening, and canceling out some of the blue tones. This product is not a concealer- it is a tinted skin care product. So don't expect full coverage of your circles, especially if yours are really dark. Mine are not so bad, so this is enough for me on most days. When I need some extra coverage, this also performs fine when layered under another concealer.

on 2/17/2013 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Seriously, this is the product that never ends. I've been using this pretty much daily and it's been over a year now! I wouldn't say I have that bad of dark circles but it does work to cover up what little I do have. It feels moisturizing and nice when rolling it on. I would repurchase it again, but think I am going to try something new when this runs out.

on 12/30/2012 9:17:00 AM

I'm on my third roller soon so that already tells that i love this product. My undereye area is quite dark so this alone is not enough for them but with YSL touche eclat or Mac's studio finish the result is nice. I'm somewhat resigned with the fact that i'll probably never be able to find a concealer which would hide them perfectly. It settles a bit into fine lines but much less than most of the concealers i've tried and i've tried a lot. Anyways a great concealer!

on 11/30/2012 2:46:00 PM

HG!!!! My all time favorite undereye concealer..tried everything from drugstore to high end and this ticks all the boxes...cheap, wakes up the eye instantly (as the roller feels cold and refreshing) and covers very well, the packaging is also very handy! highly recommend it!