The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Corn Starch Modified (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Natural Additive), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Natural Additive), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the tea tree skin clearing toner the other day and I noticed that it burns. It doesn't sting, it burns. It made the small bumps on my cheeks flatten a bit and I notice that small bumps started appearing on my forehead which I never had before. It also made my skintone darker like a shade or two since I'm fair skinned. I dont know if this will go away and make my skin better since some products tend to do that.

on 8/18/2016 7:24:00 PM

This toner did nothing to my spots but make them more red and irritated. It was literally a waste of my money, and I'll never recommend it to anyone.

To Read all 117 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/29/2016 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this i have dry-combination and a little sensitive skin and i was afraid it would be too harsh but it isn't and it definitely helped keeping my breakouts at bay. I have already gone through 2 bottles. It's been a while since i finished the second bottle and i'm going to buy a new one soon cause i miss it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin with many closed comedones and slight redness on my cheeks, dark circles beneath my eyes and clogged pores; I get a few breakouts here and there but my main issue is more with skin texture and quality, rather than acne. This toner works pretty well! I love the scent, and it does a good job removing any excess dirt or makeup on my skin that is lingering after cleansing. Clears my skin up a good bit, but affects my skin texture negatively. Also, just looked on Paula's Choice (beautypedia) and it turns out this product, and all the other products in the "tea tree" line contain harmful ingredients that irritate skin. This toner is okay, but there are definitely better choices out there, I advise looking elsewhere! Will definitely be tossing this out.

on 5/29/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

At first I really hated this toner. After a week I didn't see a noticeable difference. After about a month my skin did get a whole lot clearer, however it is difficult to say whether any improvement can be attributed to this product alone. I had started a whole new skin care routine so it could have been a number of things including diet etc. I liked the smell, lovely and fresh. I think the key is to shake it a lot, because some random suff gathers at the bottom.

Overall I would say that it does what it says if you give it sometime. I plan to finish the bottle but would not repurchase. I hardly ever repurchase a product unless I've found my HG. Next I plan to try Lush's Tea Tree Water. Wish me luck!

I got a great deal on buying this toner, but it seemed to dry my skin out too much and cause it to become flakey.

This product dont work to me.

When I bought this, I was super exited to try it, bcs my brother already use the tree treatments before, and he claimed that the products help him since he have bad acne prone skin than I do (I just have combination skin)

And yea, soon my face starts to breakout, not sure only bcs the toner itself but the tea tree line that I use (cream wash, scrub, toner, nightcream, the tea tree oil, and the concealer which the only one in this product that I use until now) makes my face breakouts more, until I aware that this product didnt work to me, even make it worse.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, i've seen so many bad reviews on this product but for me myself, i quite like the result on my skin. At the very first application of this product (right after i bought it), it did sting so much. And yes, my skin got a bit dry even after i wore my moisturizer. But soon, i learnt to put not so much of this product to the cotton pad and just pat it onto my face. The result, my pores are smaller and lj

on 12/23/2015 10:29:00 AM

Tea tree oil is an ingredient that's supposed to soothe and heal zits and acne-related spots, so I picked this up during a period of time when I had major breakouts. There was some sediment at the bottom, so I had to shake it well before using.

It went on fine but it was very drying and irritating for my skin even with moisturiser on top. I used this for a week before noticing this. My skin is not very sensitive, so I was surprised that it was aggravated by this toner. I doubt this would be suitable for people with sensitive skin.

I ditched it and went back to using regular tea tree oil to treat my acne. This was a much gentler alternative. I also use OXY 5 now to reduce larger zits.

on 12/4/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is OK. I hade a small bottle first, and I thought it was quite good and I didn't have any motivation to find a new toner, so I bought a big one. Now, it doesn't make anything for my skin but it removes the rest of my make up and it leaves the skin feeling fresh. Sometimes, my skin reacts and gets a bit red because of this product. I don't think I'll buy this again, because it didn't remove any of my pimples.