The Body Shop Sun Luster Kabuki Brush

The Body Shop Sun Luster Kabuki Brush

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/11/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Not sure about how I feel about this. Definitely premium quality - does NOT shed AT ALL, sturdy handle and soft, dense bristles... I have washed it 5 times and nothing changed, good as new. Bristles are just as soft, shape is still there, no shedding AT ALL. Incredible, so much better than the high ends one that I spent so much more on. but the handle is so short when I used this to apply mineral foundation I get tired, literally. When using it for other purposes that do not require a long time buffing/blending this brush is awesome. However I have better blush brush and loose powder brush for setting powder so I’m not sure what I can use this for. I don’t use bronzer myself and bought this to apply mineral foundation...

This is my go to brush that i use almost everyday. It's a bronzer brush, but i use it with blushers, powders and i even used it with mousse foundation and it wasn't half bad. I bought this brush more than 2 years ago and it's amazing how it kept its shape, and still looks & feels like i just bought it. The only downside is it's a bit pricey, and don't get me wrong i think it's totally worth its price, it's just knowing that the body shop makeup brushes are on sale like all the time, if i ever lost it i wouldn't buy it for the retail price. Just be patient and wait for the sale that will eventually come up. Other than that, awesome brush.

on 1/19/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I like this. Bought a second one after the first broke but managed to glue it back so now I have 2.

Not as dense as the TBS mineral kabuki brush but works well. Soft and doesn't hurt my sensitive eczema skin. Hasn't shed a hair and I've had them for years. I rotate 4 kabuki brushes so I can clean (bacteria!!) and use them regularly.

I love The Body Shop, both the products and its responsible trade concept but not sure about the Kabuki brush I bought. I have a TBS retractable powder brush eyeshadow brushes and the former has been with me for 6 years so I sort of have an idea how great their brushes were but the kabuki one is a flop for me. Maybe I'm just not used to using kabuki brushes at all. The lack of handle made it hard to control how I swirl the brush on my face when dispersing products on my face. This makes my application a bit uneven and extra work is needed to work everything on the face. That being said, I thought the way the brush was constructed was fantastic.

A nice soft FLUFFY KABUKI that's been part of the Body Shop permanent collection since 2007.

Their brushes feature two types of bristles. The Face & Body Brush, Blusher and eye brushes with thinner soft bristles. And the Mineral Kabuki and Slanted Kabuki with coarser and slightly curled hairs that are better at holding powders and blending.
This is just like the Face & Body Brush, but round and bigger. Would be great for applying any type of powder sheerly. Or just massaging your face. Possibly the softest synthetic brush there is.))

NOTE: Nobody should buy Body Shop brushes retail, unless you're really in a hurry. They often have a 50% discount on makeup, including brushes. If you're a bit more patient, 3 brushes for 30. These are really worth considering, especially the kabukis. Some of my favorite brushes are by ELF, but their kabuki in comparison is literally a waste of money.

----------------
NOTE: This works amazingly with the Hourglass Ambient Light powders. They have their own brush, but this is just as soft and bigger. I prefer the dark brown bristles. They make it easier to see how much powder there is and if it distributed uniformly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on sale. Buy 1 Take 1! I'm in love with it! It doesn't shed off and the brush is so soft. My sensitive, acne-prone skin loves it!

on 8/25/2011 11:28:00 PM

This is a great brush. I bought it together with the Honey Bronzer from The Body Shop. They had a promotion, so it was a bit cheaper. I guess the price is the only slightly negative thing about this brush. Otherwise it's great, very soft, very dense and absolutely no shedding whatsoever.
I use it for a lot of things, creme foundation, mineral powder foundation and bronzer/blush. The size is great because it means I can carry it around in my make-up bag. One time I accidentally pulled the zipper of the bag over the brush and the whole thing was a bit deformed for one day, but to my surprise after one day it turned back to the same shape as before. I would repurchase for sure!

on 4/14/2012 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This brush is SO soft! I bought it many years ago and still in perfect condition. I won`t need back up:). Perfect for appliying powder and bronzer lightly and blending blush and contour colours together. I found it dense enough to apply liquid fndn too. For powder fndns Elf studio powder brush is better. Golden handle is pretty.

on 9/27/2011 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

this brush is amazingly soft,it works well with foundations and loose powders,cleans very well also,the only problem i have had is it came away from the handle but we just superglued it back together,would repurchase if needed,softer than any of my mac face brushes.

This is my HG brush for powder and bronzer... I actually look forward to getting up in the morning because i get to swirl this around my face!

Popular Makeup Brushes