Homemade Olive Oil & Sugar Body Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works just as well as fresh's super expensive sugar scrub and you can do it with ingredients you already have on hand! I use different oils every time but it's the easiest DIY thing especially because it's so expensive to buy pre-mixed in stores.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

(Sorry for my bad english) Well, I'm not so much into the homemade products, but this recipe is my mom's favorite, so I gave it a try. And how lucky I am! This is fair better than most of brands' scrubs (and the cheapest one!). Just a cup of sugar, the juice of two limes and enough olive oil to hydrate the mix (and sometimes I add a bit of scented oil just for the spa like feeling). Mix it all and rub it gently in your body, specially in problematic zones like elbows and knees (haven't tried in face, though, I'm a bit paranoid whit all that oil). I usually let it in my skin as it was a mask (10-15 minutes) and have noticed even more powerful results this way. Then wash it from your body as you usually do in the shower. Results are amazing. Clean, exfoliated, hydrated and lovely smooth skin. Use it in "mask mode" was the BEST solution for my dark and dry knees (along with Cetaphyl hydrant creme), and is doing a good work in my elbows too. Definitely a key step in my sunday's routine!

Just as a caution: don't use this recipe if you're gonna expose your skin to direct sun immediately after: lime juice can create spots in skin if you're not careful!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Mixing equal parts olive oil and plain white sugar to use as a body scrub... awesome!

I find its gentler than mixing with salt, because the water and warmth of the shower causing the sugar to slowly dissolve, so you can't over-scrub and irritate your skin.

I do this every other day, superb exfoliating and moisturizing for next to nothing!