Homemade Olive Oil & Sugar Body Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For the life of me I can't figure out why women pay lots of money for the prepared ones at the store? This is my Sunday ritual...
I pour about 1/2 cup of white sugar and 3 tbs of oil into a tupperware bowl and bring it into the shower. I 'clarify' my hair with Vo5 Kiwi Lime Shampoo ($1) and deep condition with L'Oreal's Nature Therapy Mega Moistuire (the tub from Sally's). Put my hair into a shower cap and then I'm ready to exfoliate.
I do not use this on my face/neck, but I do use it on my entire body. I take a scoop out for each body part and gently massage in. I put a little on my lips at the end.
I then rinse my hair and body and then gently pat dry because I want the remnants of the olive oil to stay on overnight. I have dry skin and do not need to apply additional creams.
The next morning, your skin is prepared for a self tan, if you so desire.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

When i'm in the mood for a home-spa i make my own scrub, of sugar and oil. The skin is incredibly soft and moisturized after! The only downside is that it's an awfull job cleaning out the shower afterwards. I mix 2 dl sugar with 1 dl oil in my old Redken hair mask jar, but on the lid, and shake. Ready. If you mix in some vanilla tea, or whatever, it gets the most delicious scent. Try it