4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

Why did it take me so long to discover this inexpensive gem? It's so clean, soft and warm smelling. Body chemistry is a such a funny thing because, while other reviewers have bemoaned its lack of staying power, this is one of the longest lasting scents I've ever worn! My husband loves its light, mild fragrance and prefers it over other scents I wear. My expensive brand of choice is Chanel Allure, but I adore White Musk just as much.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

12 years ago

Holy Moly, this stuff is fantastic! I remember my mom having a bottle of this when I was young and I always wanted to wear it. My mom told me absolutley not, it was not a perfume for young girls. When I complained "But Mom.....all the girls are wearing it", she gave my grandmother a wink and they agreed it must be the fast girls wearing this. Soft, drop dead sexy, close to the skin, a come hither fragrance if there ever was one. I will always keep this one. At $3.33 at CVS, you can't go wrong.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0
from

12 years ago

I really love this fragrance. It is a cozy, clean smell, like emerging fresh from a hot shower. A very pleasing "soap and warm skin" scent. Not flowery, not citrus, not sweet, just feminine and clean. I find this so comforting to wear. The price is truly amazing, and I love that this is so widely available. For these qualities, Jovan White Musk earns a solid 5. But, I have to make some deductions for flaws in its performance. I get practically zero staying power with this. It is subtle to say the least. Oh how I wish it lasted longer than 30 minutes on me! I still like to spray it on for those times I don't really care if my perfume gets noticed. I love in in the evenings after a bath/ before bed. So soothing. So, one lippie off for weakness. And one more lippie off for the god-awful packaging. The lid on my refuses to stay on. I have the newer style packaging-it's just terrible. I understand you get what you pay for to a certain extent, but the old packaging was soooo much better and just as cheap! I would continue to purchase. Though I don't wear it often I think it's classic and lovely.

About reviewer (883 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

3.0

12 years ago

I love how this smells, but it has absolutely zero lasting power. No joke, if I apply this out of the shower, then go get dressed, do my hair and makeup, it's completely GONE by the time I'm ready. While it's not expensive, having to reapply it 20 times a day is just ridiculous.

About reviewer (397 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesOther

12 years ago

Wow! I was going through my stash of colognes that are least favorites to me and I found half a bottle of this that my aunt had handed down to me a few years ago. Im surprised Ive let it sit untouched for so long but I wanted to drag it out to wear around the house and after getting whiffs of this all day I will definately be wearing it out places too and wear it proudly! Ive learned as others have said that sometimes the cheapies smell better than really expensive ones! The staying power on this is great as well.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Madame Rochas...? Is that you? Oh, sorry - my mistake. Jovan White, you remind me very much of Mme Rochas, but she wears a crisp, *sharp* tailored suit and spectator stilettos, and you seem to prefer angora, cashmere and ballerina flats. How pleasant and lovely you are... Pardon me, what did you say? You are so soft-spoken! But it suits you, my dear. A Lady Must Never Raise Her Voice, after all. And a lady is indeed what you are, even though you *ahem* come from 'the other side of the tracks', so to speak. You don't seem as though you 'd be less than comfortable any place or situation you might find yourself in. I'm sure I will thoroughly enjoy your company, and I think many, many others would as well! ;-)

About reviewer (489 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

13 years ago

I love this smell. I think I even like it better than my Jovan musk oil. It's just so soft and soothing and very complimentary. This was the effect I was hoping to get with Coty's Vanilla Musk (which I loathe) - something soft, sweet and comforting. Will definitely go back to this stuff.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBrunette

13 years ago

I absolutely adore this scent. I have for years. I've been wearing this since high school and even though I have strayed ( i have other faves) I always return!!!

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

13 years ago

Almost identical to Serge Lutens' Clair de Musc <i>(which is why I swapped CdM away)</i>, and not powdery/scratchy, and somewhat nauseating like The Body Shop's current White Musk (because those of you who know, know it has changed). I am a musk lover, always have been, always will be but florals don't do it for me. Somehow this does! My HG musk is Coty Wild Musk.

About reviewer (635 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

13 years ago

This is my HG fragrance! I'm not too fond of the smell of this upon spraying this on my body, but after a few minutes it's simply scrumptious. This scent mixes so well with my chemistry, so I spray it directly on my skin after the shower. I will always keep a bottle of this handy, and you can't beat the price. I believe it was $14.99 at CVS.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age19-24