4.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

11 years ago

Ok ladies/gentlemen...I don't know where to begin on this product. First off, the price of this perfume is amazing(at my Wal-Mart, it's between $13-$20)which is def not a bad deal(the bottle is medium sized). Next,on to the best part is the scent. Earlier today, I had put on Bath And Body Work's Vanilla Bean Noel lotion and 4 hours after that, I sprayed this. My first thought was "ok....a bit strong and bug sprayish smelling ". Anyway, once this settled into my skin(which didn't take long) the smell was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. It def is not an offensive smell(well, when you first spray it, it is a bit strong of course) but the after effect is soooooo worth it. I think women should def invest in this perfume because the scent is very soft, feminine and clean. Some may find it a bit too grandma-ish, but I swear, I am 20 years old and I find this scent so seductive. I love those type of soft scents that when you get a smell of it, you go insane and you have to find out who is wearing it. To me, this perfume seems to be that. The lasting power is fairly ok(i live in a hot state and i sparyed it on later in the day, so I wasn't "just hop out of the bath" fresh. The fact that this lasted for about 7 hours(with just one spray) says something to me. I haven't purchased it yet, but on my payday on Friday, this will def be purchased :) EDIT:Ehhh I've grew tired of this.Maybe it's due to my pregnancy but the smell just kind of messes with my nose :(.*sigh*back to the drawing board.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

11 years ago

Wow, was I surprised to like this one. I do like a clean musk, but 'white musk' is generally not a scent I care for in blends. This one, alone, is very nice. It goes on like pure screaming alcohol--at this price point I wasn't surprised--and fades into bright soapiness. Wait for it. The dry down starts almost immediately. Within minutes it's fading from soapy to merely clean and by the time an hour has passed with sniffing sniffing sniffing (and your mind reeling through the usual: "what is this doing? Do I like this? What is that note I'm detecting? Is this going to go horrible and scare me? I think I might LIKE this!") you end up with a sheer, clear musk with just the faintest wood notes that suggest but do not delineate incense. Pretty,easy to wear and, strangely, not age specific. I can see this on anyone at all, male, female, 12 years old, 80 years old. And the price is unbeatable. I got the three-musk pack for $10.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

11 years ago

I think it's high time I wrote a review for this product. After reading all the great reviews on Jovan White Musk, I went down to the store after class and grabbed a bottle. It was on sale for $10.99. Great! I went home and sprayed it on my arm. The first spray made me wrinkle my nose. It smelled exactly like the Off! Bug Spray my family uses on hiking trips, but more powdery. I set down the bottle and went about doing homework, hoping the drydown would make up for its bugspray top note. I finished one assignment and moved on to the next. As I reached for another piece of lined paper, I caught this wonderful sillage. It smelled of soft linen and subtly sweet musk - my skin, but better. It was clean and fresh, yet subtly sexy and sweet. I couldn't stop sniffing at my arm. So THIS is what the drydown for Jovan White Musk smells like! It's divine! It's heavenly! Just what I was looking for--a clean skin scent, not overpowering, but just right. That was last fall. I've since finished one bottle, purchased two more, and placed trial-sized bottles inside two of my bags/purses. I wear this just about every day now. Once or twice a week I switch fragrances to avoid fragrance fatigue, but I always come back to this one. People have commented that this doesn't last very long, but I must be one of the exceptions... Jovan White Musk lasts all day on me. I spritz it on in the morning, go to my 8am class, come home at 9pm, and I can still smell a warm musky scent on my skin. If you like warm, comforting, your-skin-but-better scents, do not hesitate to pick this up.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

Gentle white musk with a hint of flowers. Very inoffensive if you love musks (I do!) Not powdery, but perhaps slightly soapy. I must say that this is one that men seem to love on me, although I would not consider it exceptionally sexy.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Other

HairBrunette

EyesOther

2.0

11 years ago

I really dislikes this frangrance - in fact, it gave me a headache! I am very picky about fragrances, however, so I am probably not the typical purchaser of this product. I do like the Estee Lauder Tom Ford frangrance as well as Coco Chanel. Otherwise, I don't like many others.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrown

11 years ago

I just bought this again after a long hiatus. The first spray screams powder, (which I happen to like), and then it dries down to a very soft musk that warms on my skin. It's easy to wear, I like having this in my collection. Baby-soft and innocent, it won't wow you over but it's a nice perfume staple.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

11 years ago

While I have not worn this scent in years, I still remember how warm, pretty and sexy this scent smelled! Even though they don't sell it where I'm living now, when I go home to visit, I will more than likely snatch up a few bottles!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Not Sure

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

11 years ago

Jovan White Musk *on my skin* smells EXACTLY like a French Shea soap that I've used. Exactly! I don't get the reference to "hookers" considering how light and clean this is. I'm guessing whoever made the "hooker" remark only sprayed some in the air at the store. The first spray has a very harsh and unpleasant alcohol scent. But on skin (or at least my skin) this is soft, feminine, clean, soapy, understated, lovely. While I don't really love the packaging, it's not horribly offensive or tacky. Just plain. 1/2 a lippie off for that and 1/2 a lippie off for the staying power. It only lasts a few hours on me, but that's longer than I would expect for a cologne. Softer and more feminine than TBS White Musk, more accessible than SL Clare de Musc, this is one that I happily keep in my collection and reach for often.

About reviewer (327 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

12 years ago

THE BEST white musk! Soft, fresh, clean, delicious sweet skin scent. Makes a great room spray, too.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0
from

12 years ago

I decided to buy this product based on the reviews here, however when I first sampled at walgreens, I wasn't totally wowed by it. As time wore on, I realized that it worked really well with my chemistry (I usually have trouble with scents turning sharp on me). It's just so soft... I remembered a couple reviewers saying that it paired well with vanilla, so I layered it with the Sabon body oil in Lavender Patchouli Vanilla- and wow!! It smells sooo good! Its like these two scents brought out the best in each other :) On its own I'm super-pleased with the Jovan White Musk, but the fact that it turned a likeable body oil into heaven on my skin... wonderful. EDIT: I got bored of this really fast. I would definitely still say its nice, but I no longer reach for it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age25-29