4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

Man. It took me a long time to figure out this fragrance. When I very first began my journey into musk scents, I leaned towards some with more of a vanilla-ish edge. I used up an entire bottle of Bonne Belle's Skin Musk before I decided to try something new. My first white musk fragrance purchase was The Body Shop's white musk perfume oil. It's just LOVELY. After the soapy/edgy top notes are gone, I'm left with the most pillowy soft fragrance that envelops my entire body. However, I hear TBS's white musk perfume or body spray is not quite as nice. I set out to find a cheaper alternative to pair with my beloved oil. Enter Jovan White Musk. I actually tried this on once at CVS while shopping several months ago an thought it was far too powdery to work with. That was before I found my appreciation and love for white musk. Last week I was at Walmart and just went for it. I purchased a 2oz bottle for $13. What a steal! I took it home and layered it with my body shop white musk oil. Success! It smells beautiful. It definitely has a sweet side, and I feel can be worn by anyone of any age (im 21) who wants a snuggly, clean scent. Im giving this only 4 lippies because i wish it lasted a bit longer. But for $13, its not too much of a burden to buy more. tip* - try this stuff on right before you go out in the heat. When it warms up, I get whiffs of it. So heavenly. Try them both. You will love them!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

7 years ago

This is a lovely scent! For me, it is soft & cuddly, but fresh & clean, all at the same time!! (Rare and awesome to find something that is all of that!) <3 I applied it before running some errands and then again before bed, several hours later. I don't adore the opening, but it dries down fairly quickly and smells wonderful from then on. I will note that the staying power seemed weak at first, but I think it was just me getting "used to it" and not smelling it anymore. After waking up this morning though, I was able to smell it on my shirt very well. I can see girls and women of all ages liking this scent! It does not scream "teens only" or "old lady," and I am planning to experiment and layer this with some of my fruity scents. This smells more expensive to me, than it actually is! A 3.25 oz. cologne spray of this is $22 at "supercenter" and I snapped it up for less than $11 after shipping on eBay! Woot woot!! My kids really seem to like this one on me-they smelled me and said "Mmm yummy!" I will report back later of hubby's comments.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

lovely scent! i bought mine for $14 and dont regret!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

2.0

7 years ago

I bought this based on the reviews because I remember how much I loved The Body Shop's white musk perfume oil. This was not good. I bought it at a drug store for about $27 which I thought was overpriced before I even smelled it (I couldn't test it). Let me say I'm glad I kept my receipt. I sprayed a bit on my arm at home and at first it was not good, but I hoped it would develop. Later it was still not good. Smells kind of like crayons and a perfume trying to be a white musk scent. At least I know now.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrown

7 years ago

Very pretty light floral musk. Its not very strong and therefore may need to spritz several times. Its great for everyday use and would be great for romantic wear especially, having a guy snuggle up to because of how light it is. this stuff is cheap, smells great, and i will continue to buy.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Like many of the reviewers here, this perfume was a staple of mine when I was in high school. This is the best white musk, better than The Body Shop white musk, in my opinion. It is a very light and feminine scent, and I cannot imagine this perfume would offend anyone. It smells clean and comforting, and I like to spray it after I shower or before I get ready for bed.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Reminds me of being a kid in the 90's. It is similar but not as sweet as Avon's Soft musk which my aunt would buy for me during my childhood and I loved it. Back in the 90's Jovan made a matching White Musk lotion and there were always gift sets at Christmas time and I had the White Musk lotion, which I wore often and enjoyed. I can not find the lotion in stores or online so now I have rediscovered Body Fantasy's White Musk which I (as well as everyone I knew) wore in the 90's. (I bought the last 2 bottles at K-mart).So now I prefer to wear Body Fantasy White musk lotion layered with Jovan White Musk perfume. Kind of vintage girlie, great for my personality. Musks are a safe bet and find them to be kind of nastolgic. I gave it a 4 because it is not very strong and I reapply often, but love it! Really prefer Avon Soft Musk, but this is close enough. Inexpensive but valuable!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

8 years ago

I love most of the Jovan musks line, this one included. It is a very nice, fresh, light floral musk, as others have pointed out the honeysuckle shines in this one. I wish they made a white musk perfume oil still, bummed I never got to try that. I often douse myself in this or the original jovan musk, I love have the scent floating around my skin. It is a very close to the skin scent, not big on sillage, but wonderful nonetheless. I used to think that the jovan musks had bad staying power, but I don't believe that anymore. I can always smell it on my clothes days after wearing it, when I'm packing up laundry baskets at the end of the week I can detect jovan in the mix. I think the reason why most people believe the staying power to be so bad is that musk scents tend to blend with skin and become invisible to the wearer. Fortunately to other people you do still smell good though!

About reviewer (290 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

8 years ago

As with a lot of lauded musk fragrances, I seem to be mostly anosmic to this one. <br></br> That's always a risk with musk fragrances. Most people can smell some musks, but hardly anyone (no one?) can smell all of them. For this reason, fragrance-makers usually throw a bunch of different musks into their creations, in the hopes that most people will be able to at least a few of them. <br></br> Alas, this is one of those cases where I can smell only the slightest bit of musk, along with the citrus notes. For what it's worth, what I manage to smell is a clean, pretty skin scent. It's probably very pretty to those who can fully smell it. <br></br> Truth be told, I'm mainly writing this review to remind myself not to bother testing it again, and to explain why some people just can't really smell this fragrance. If you can't smell a musk fragrance, that doesn't automatically make it bad -- it probably means that you're unable to smell it.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3.0

8 years ago

Clean and fresh but with a slight musky/almost dusty old rose smell (sort of that of the Original Chloe - but I mean in a good way) and way less fake smelling than the chemical concotion the Body Shops white musk has become. Slightly like Avon soft musk but a bit more unique, better than the original Jovan (which just smells like Johnsons no more tears baby shampoo on me) though I do find it more like a body spray than a cologne as its pretty weak in concentration I can imagine the oil was amazing when it was still around. I like to wear this on weekends running around with the dogs in my casual wear or on days where I suffer tension or sinus headaches as this doesn't aggravate the sinuses. My bottle is 90ml - you need to refresh the scent every few hours so can see myself getting through this pretty quickly.

About reviewer (500 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral