Butter London Yummy Mummy

Butter London Yummy Mummy
Yummy Mummy

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A regular simple natural nails mani around my region w gratuity is ~$15 & more for gel or an acrylic fill in. So I'm like "WHAT IS THIS SORCERY??" when i started to think about all of the salons I've been to, treated shabbily by some staffers, oh & speaking of staph yeah... so I was looking for practical alternatives. So I've been gluing on fake drugstore nails for awhile now but it's nice to give them a rest so I invested in about $70 worth of nailpolishes mostly nudetrals, a cpl trendier colors on sale (polishes ranging from $5 to $28) but this is amazing it's so classic yet trendy, I have nubs & my amateurish attempts to paint my own nails are usually disastrous but w this I have good results w more $$$ lacquers (is that the placebo effect? I'm fixing to buy a good base/top coat when I get paid but normally less is more (as in, less layers chip less 4 me but YMMV), maybe it's coz I'm not using a good quality top/base coat. This IS the most universally flattering nudetral griege it's not purple on me just a tad darker just "different" than any of the other nude polishes I own. I've never seen this quite exactly duped. Short squared off natural nails (my nubs lol) can rock this don't worry if ur not the most accomplished at DIY nails; ur results will look like a pro!

on 3/13/2016 6:53:00 AM

This is a beautiful polish and lovely taupe/greige colour. For me its reminiscent of Essie Moccachino but the formula is far better.

As others have stated, this is two coats to be opaque and the second coat deepens the colour - I see hints of blue and grey and pink in the taupe, its a shimmer and it a lovely sophisticated neutral, entirely appropriate for the office.

i'm happy with the formula and the colour, will definitely be wearing this one again and enjoying this.

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

On my toes, all the time. Wears like iron under the Butter London topcoat, and is just such a pretty nude-y silvery taupe-y no brainer for someone like me who hates doing her nails but lives in sandals year 'round.

on 12/20/2014 11:26:00 PM

This is a gorgeous nude/taupe with a slight silver shimmer that leans purple on my NC20 skin. It's a perfect go-to color, especially for work.

I love the formula, it applies very easily as it's not too thick and not runny. It's also very long lasting, it last for about five days with no chipping.

on 10/23/2014 6:00:00 AM

This is a fantastic nail polish, a nude almost taupe with a subtle shimmer through it.
The polish applies beautifully, first coat went on sheer but not at all streaky. Second coat was pretty much opaque.
It dried quickly and lasted ages without chipping with a base and top coat.

Overall, I can't fault it and I would definitely repurchase and try more from this brand (this is the first one I had). I actually got it free with a magazine and it appears I can't get it in Australia so will have to hunt it online.

on 10/13/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Color-wise:
This is a cool beige with slightly-frosty silver shimmer, so it definitely with a hint of grey against my warm undertone skin.
Semi-sheer so would need 2 coats to get opaque finish.
I like it (sorry but not love) on my nail as it look chic with the cool tone yet natural, not necessary on toes because it look little ashy and "dirty", which is not a good look down there.
But I would prefer if it could have less silver shimmer that makes it less cool and grayish.

Wear-time-wise:
I have it with Sally Maximum Glow (transparent pink one) as base coat and Out The Door top coat.
The first time I use on my toe last over 2 weeks with minor chips, but I'm not sure it's about the top coat or the polish itself.

Application-wise:
This is not best polish for the price, very streaky and not easy to get an even finish in my opinion.
For years I have tried quite a number of brands and I would give Revlon higher rating in term of application!
Not sure if this is the shimmy partials, as I also own a cream formula (Butter London Saucy Jack - sheer blood red) and this is smooth as dream!
I found that if I apply it immediately after shaking the bottle few times, it would be easier to work with, so basically I have to shake the bottle each time I do another nails... which is not what I would expect from this brand
Not sure if it's only this shade, or I got a lemon ><

continued >>

on 4/26/2014 11:39:00 AM

I love this color and Butter London formula makes it a dream to apply. I apply it over 1 coat of BL Nail Foundation and follow up with one coat Hardwear Topcoat. My manicure has lasted two weeks and still looks great. Yummy Mummy is a perfect neutral color to wear to work in a conservative office. It gives a nice polished look that isn't distracting during a meeting or presentation. I hate the price so I usually wait unti Ulta has it on sale.

on 4/6/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yummy Mummy is a lovely, clean subtle nude that leans a bit taupe, with very fine silver micro shimmer (visible only in the bottle) that translates into an elegant sheen on the nails. This color gives a neat and polished look to the hands, and it's one of the prettiest nudes I've seen. Application was perfect, no streaks -- an even, perfect manicure in two coats. Topped with Seche Vite, it is glossy, understated, and classic.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I think this is one of my all-time favorite nail polishes. The formula and wear is excellent. The color looks really great on me. It is easy to apply, which is good b/c I'm not the best at polishing my nails myself. I typically pay for a manicure. I find that this is the only polish I can apply on my own without having any problems. It dries quickly and I have no bubbles, streaks, etc. It is really the best nail polish. I have lots of OPI, Essie and Chanel in my polish collection and this is my go-to color and really the only formula I can work with on my own. I used this again today and I am very happy with it. Highly recommend, especially if you struggle to paint your own nails!

on 9/22/2013 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I purchased this polish, after wanting it for a long while, because Butter London polishes were on sale for $10 at Ulta. In the bottle, this looks like a cool nude taupe with a slight shimmer. For some reason, I had thought there was microglitter in this polish, but there was not. The BL packaging is lovely. This applied smoothly and I used three coats. This dried and appeared darker than it did in the bottle, and a bit more pink than I had expected, but this may be due to my very pale skin tone. I just felt sort of...meh....about this polish. I liked it, but I expected something that was a bit more nude toned. The polish wore very well, and I added a coat of ChG Fairy Dust (holo sparkle) on top of the polish the second day. This made the manicure look amazing and alive! I wouldn't repurchase this polish, because it can be easily duped, but it's a good basic color to have in your polish collection.

Popular Polishes