Butter London Yummy Mummy

4.5

on 7/6/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you are a taupe fan, you may love this. Personally I found the color overwhelmingly grim (this from someone who wears exclusively neutrals). It is quite gray with a very slight pearl finish. From the swatches online and even from the bottle, it looked there would be some micro-glitter to this to give it a little dimension. In reality, it finishes to a nearly matte looking gray. Definitely not beige. It compares well to Essie Chinchilly. Color is a subjective thing though, so my big issue is that this stuff is quite thick and streaky. I am not great at doing my own nails, and this didn't do me any favors. If you love grays, I found Revlon Gray Suede or OPI Tickle My Francey to have a much prettier finish and to be easier to apply. After all the great reviews and pretty swatches online I was expecting a much more special polish. This is definitely not super unique and the formula is certainly nothing to write home about. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best nail polish I ever used!
Something has changed in past 10 years and nail polishes do not last as long on my nails as they used to. I used to be able to go for about ten days with a China Glaze, but no longer.
OPI, Sally Hansen, ORLY, Chanel, China Glaze, MAC, CND, Essie (including long lasting formulas) are all chip in a day or three max.
Butter London last a week without a single chip! I do not use any top coat or base coat with this polish since company states it's unnesessary. It doesn't yellow the nails.
The color is a perfect neutral. It literally goes with everything. So happy I discovered it here!
The single downside is a drying time. It sets fast but fully dries in 24 hours. Within that time frame, it can get some dents if pressed hard to any surface (shoes included).
Will buy it again and again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A regular simple natural nails mani around my region w gratuity is ~$15 & more for gel or an acrylic fill in. So I'm like "WHAT IS THIS SORCERY??" when i started to think about all of the salons I've been to, treated shabbily by some staffers, oh & speaking of staph yeah... so I was looking for practical alternatives. So I've been gluing on fake drugstore nails for awhile now but it's nice to give them a rest so I invested in about $70 worth of nailpolishes mostly nudetrals, a cpl trendier colors on sale (polishes ranging from $5 to $28) but this is amazing it's so classic yet trendy, I have nubs & my amateurish attempts to paint my own nails are usually disastrous but w this I have good results w more $$$ lacquers (is that the placebo effect? I'm fixing to buy a good base/top coat when I get paid but normally less is more (as in, less layers chip less 4 me but YMMV), maybe it's coz I'm not using a good quality top/base coat. This IS the most universally flattering nudetral griege it's not purple on me just a tad darker just "different" than any of the other nude polishes I own. I've never seen this quite exactly duped. Short squared off natural nails (my nubs lol) can rock this don't worry if ur not the most accomplished at DIY nails; ur results will look like a pro!

on 12/20/2014 11:26:00 PM

This is a gorgeous nude/taupe with a slight silver shimmer that leans purple on my NC20 skin. It's a perfect go-to color, especially for work.

I love the formula, it applies very easily as it's not too thick and not runny. It's also very long lasting, it last for about five days with no chipping.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

On my toes, all the time. Wears like iron under the Butter London topcoat, and is just such a pretty nude-y silvery taupe-y no brainer for someone like me who hates doing her nails but lives in sandals year 'round.

on 3/13/2016 6:53:00 AM

This is a beautiful polish and lovely taupe/greige colour. For me its reminiscent of Essie Moccachino but the formula is far better.

As others have stated, this is two coats to be opaque and the second coat deepens the colour - I see hints of blue and grey and pink in the taupe, its a shimmer and it a lovely sophisticated neutral, entirely appropriate for the office.

i'm happy with the formula and the colour, will definitely be wearing this one again and enjoying this.

on 10/13/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Color-wise:
This is a cool beige with slightly-frosty silver shimmer, so it definitely with a hint of grey against my warm undertone skin.
Semi-sheer so would need 2 coats to get opaque finish.
I like it (sorry but not love) on my nail as it look chic with the cool tone yet natural, not necessary on toes because it look little ashy and "dirty", which is not a good look down there.
But I would prefer if it could have less silver shimmer that makes it less cool and grayish.

Wear-time-wise:
I have it with Sally Maximum Glow (transparent pink one) as base coat and Out The Door top coat.
The first time I use on my toe last over 2 weeks with minor chips, but I'm not sure it's about the top coat or the polish itself.

Application-wise:
This is not best polish for the price, very streaky and not easy to get an even finish in my opinion.
For years I have tried quite a number of brands and I would give Revlon higher rating in term of application!
Not sure if this is the shimmy partials, as I also own a cream formula (Butter London Saucy Jack - sheer blood red) and this is smooth as dream!
I found that if I apply it immediately after shaking the bottle few times, it would be easier to work with, so basically I have to shake the bottle each time I do another nails... which is not what I would expect from this brand
Not sure if it's only this shade, or I got a lemon ><

continued >>

on 4/6/2014 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yummy Mummy is a lovely, clean subtle nude that leans a bit taupe, with very fine silver micro shimmer (visible only in the bottle) that translates into an elegant sheen on the nails. This color gives a neat and polished look to the hands, and it's one of the prettiest nudes I've seen. Application was perfect, no streaks -- an even, perfect manicure in two coats. Topped with Seche Vite, it is glossy, understated, and classic.

on 4/26/2014 11:39:00 AM

I love this color and Butter London formula makes it a dream to apply. I apply it over 1 coat of BL Nail Foundation and follow up with one coat Hardwear Topcoat. My manicure has lasted two weeks and still looks great. Yummy Mummy is a perfect neutral color to wear to work in a conservative office. It gives a nice polished look that isn't distracting during a meeting or presentation. I hate the price so I usually wait unti Ulta has it on sale.

on 10/23/2014 6:00:00 AM

This is a fantastic nail polish, a nude almost taupe with a subtle shimmer through it.
The polish applies beautifully, first coat went on sheer but not at all streaky. Second coat was pretty much opaque.
It dried quickly and lasted ages without chipping with a base and top coat.

Overall, I can't fault it and I would definitely repurchase and try more from this brand (this is the first one I had). I actually got it free with a magazine and it appears I can't get it in Australia so will have to hunt it online.

Popular Polishes