Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5; Inactive: Methyl Trimethicone, Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Nylon-12, Butylene Glycol, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Calcium Stearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caffeine, Glycerin, Hydroxyapatite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Quaternium-90, Bentonite, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Tromethamine, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 7/11/2016 11:49:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. It doesn't make me feel like I'm even wearing any makeup at all. It dries matte and STAYS matte on my oily skin and matches my skin tone perfectly (I'm shade 4).

on 4/8/2016 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know why I ever liked this. Probably because it was one of the high end foundations I got and thought it was helping my acne. I really liked it at first when I was 19-20, thought it lasted all day and loved the color. I got it in almond. Fast forward to now trying many different foundations and having quite a few I like and bounce around between. I would use this every now and then before work days just so I could use the rest of it up and again because I thought it lasted all day, but omg did this stuff make me look ORANGE!! I guess my overly tanned younger self really liked that but it definitely does not help with acne and definitely doesn't last more than a few hours. I ended up throwing away the rest that I had and will never repurchase.

To Read all 348 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a love hate relationship with this product. My skin and acne is the best it ever is when using this product compared to other foundations. The problem is every time I wear it later in the day when I look in a mirror it seems like the foundation already wore off. If I was ok with reapplying three times a day then it would be a 5 star review. I am searching for a foundation not for acne but that won't clog your pores. That way it can give me the same full day coverage as all the other foundations out there.

This is my go-to foundation. Recently I started using liquid foundation under my powder and concealer because I started breaking out and my skin is so oily when I don't have some sort of set base and my primer, although supposedly matte, is not preventing shine. I've been using this particular foundation on and off for about 3-4 years now. I believe I'm an 02 shade, possibly 01. This foundation streaks so badly with fingers, which was what I first applied make up with. This product is the one that introduced me to applying liquid foundation with brushes. DO NOT USE YOUR FINGERS. Especially if you get periodic dry patches. I find this product clings to those particular areas, especially my under eye region. Overall though, it's great coverage and evens out my skin tone no problem, even before he setting powder. Definitely will keep repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Ive been struggling to find a foundation that doesn't make me break out, and heard of this one thru some research ^.^ today's my second day wearing it and I love it so far. It looks so natural on... It's the perfect color, it doesn't feel heavy and it's easy to blend out with my beauty blender. It doesn't do the best job at keeping my oil under control but its not bad! I'll check in after a week and then after a month. So far so good!

Update: it's been close to 2 weeks now and I'm really liking this foundation. It looks good on all day, it doesn't make my dry patches (from pimples) stand out, and it hasn't been making me break out! I'm very pleased.

on 1/9/2016 2:49:00 PM

I love this make-up. It's lovely and light. It doesn't break me out, gives a nice, even coverage and lasts all day. I still need a concealer for any stubborn blemishes, but I hate heavy foundation anyway so that's fine by me.

I find that using a pea-sized amount everyday works best - it means the bottle lasts for months before I have to repurchase :) I do wish it had SPF, but that's only a minor complaint.

I don't typically splurge on higher end makeup, but this is the ultimate exception. I have never found a foundation that works as well or looks as good on me as this one. It covers the redness of my zits and hides every blackhead on my face. I also love the fact that it matches my skin. It's not too pale, dark, pink, or orange. It doesn't clog my pores and it seems to help my acne rather than make it worse.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't always react well with my oily skin, especially on my nose. I tend to get it on my glasses because of it. (In case you're curious, I wear 01 Fresh Alabaster)

on 12/30/2015 4:57:00 PM

A really amazing product for those suffering from acne prone skin.
I have been using this for over a year now, and although I do not think it prevents breakout, it doesn't appear to be aggravating my situation and covers my marks, redness and breakouts pretty well. As a reference I get 2 or 3 hormonal breakouts/week.

on 12/13/2015 11:10:00 PM

I really did love this foundation at first but over time I started to hate it, the coverage is great and covers acne/post acne marks well, it has a natural/semi matte finish and looks beautiful once applied, the consistency is really good, not too watery yet not thick and heavy. The packaging is a squeezy tube which I like but I prefer a pump. It goes on nicely with a damp beauty blender/sponge or even applied with your hands and this definitely doesn't make you break out HOWEVER I feel this did nothing for my acne itself, my skin stayed the same even after using an entire bottle of the stuff. The staying power also isn't that great, after maybe 3/4 hours you definitely need to touch up and keep blotting papers on hand throughout the day if you're oily like me. Be warned, this foundation oxidises terribly! I had to go out and buy something else as nothing would fix it, I used a bunch of different primers, setting powder and setting spray but still no luck, all Clinique foundations are cool toned (pink based) besides the darker shades which is a bummer for us pale skin girls. Overall I do like this foundation but I won't buy it again unless they get a better shade range and find a way to stop it from oxidising.

on 10/14/2015 2:52:00 AM

I've purchased this product twice now I just ran out of the second bottle recently.
I find that it's true to the swatch shade after it dries and has a pleasant odour
I have acne prone skin and this didn't break me out but it didn't help clear anything either.
It last for about 5 hours on its own and 8-10 with a powder.
I switched to another acne foundation that's half the price and well worth it
I couldn't justify spending the $40 CAD on it after a while