Sephora Nourishing Lip Stick (Lip Balm)

Sephora  Nourishing Lip Stick (Lip Balm)
Nourishing Lip Stick (Lip Balm)

3.9

on 4/1/2018 12:35:00 AM

I feel a little bit silly reviewing a lip balm but since I buy these 3-4 at a time I might as well add one, right?

These are the Sephora version of the Caudalie but I much prefer this one. It's smooth, not at all sticky, doesn't get goopy or feel like wax; it's just a nice balm with hydration and it must have conditioning properties because I notice a difference when I stop using it. It's also fantastic under lip products (or on top of them) and to wear with liner. I'd love an SPF version!

on 9/16/2016 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I usually love Sephora collection products, but was unimpressed with this lip balm. It smells delicious and applies smoothly, but wasn't nearly moisturizing enough and dried out my lips. Pass.

Use every day - buy 5 at a time and keep in car, purse etc. I like it as its not overly goopy!

One woman working at the Sephora inside of JC Penney's told me how awesome this lip balm was, so I gave it a try.

It kind of has a sweet, vanilla-ish scent, and it's kind of thin. I personally don't like this lip balm, and I recommend trying something else. I even looked at the ingredients and found nothing special about it. It doesn't have a fancy or fun scent, it's not all natural, and it's just... blah.

on 8/11/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this cause it was cheap online. I am a sucker for lip balm since I suffer from constantly dry lips. I can say that I use this product at night before bed. It is not sticky or goopy, that's a pro, so I can apply it as a primer before apply a matte lip. It just sits on my lips and does not absorb into them. I have used about half the product, it goes pretty quickly. Not my favorite lip balm but will continue to use until finished

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm on the fence with this product - and I'm a sucker for lip balms (can't go anywhere without them!) Pretty average packaging - lid isn't super secure, but the B+W packaging with hot pink writing is cute. It smells incredible (about the main reason why I decided to pick this up at the check-out) and is tapered like a lipstick. It applies very smooth but the texture on the lips is hard to describe - it's not super thick and gloopy like Carmex, but it's not watery, nor is it super slippery, but it does make my lips feel nice. I probably will not repurchase because I have used it about maybe 5 times and have noticed that the product is running out quickly - for $5, you can get more bang for your buck with Carmex or Nivea.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is still available on sephora dot com! Not sure if it's LE but I decided to risk it & take a chance on this lip balm. I am very glad I did! This has a faint vanilla scent, but no SPF. I'm kind of glad no SPF coz my body chemistry reacts to "some" SPF lip products & causes the same bitter reaction/taste so I shy away from lippies w SPF unless they are very cheap so I could potentially toss them if they taste that bitter way (bitter is putting it mildly; it's nasty! Yuck!!). So I like the super cute packaging & how the tip of this lip balm is tapered like a lipstick. It's very effective & moisturizing, can be applied w/o a mirror & isn't too greasy but also isn't completely matte. The texture is great, not heavy or oily but ur lips feel gr8 after applying it, it's ├╝ber light & doesn't sink in only to disappear 5 mins later. I'm gonna be so sad if I lose this! I'd def have to replace this. I'd buy this again! For USD$5 u can't go wrong. This is lighter than chapsticks, Babylips or BB Lipsmackers, the flavor of this lipbalm reminds me of MAC lipsticks. There's really nothing bad I can say about this lipbalm except it lacks SPF for those concerned w that fact, thou it certainly doesn't bother me (see explain above), this would make a nice thoughtful gift. This lipbalm is evthing I look for in a lipbalm. This is a neat little product, so pleasantly surprised how happy this lipbalm makes me! Some products simply make me happy. It's not rocket science, this is a great product! :) I think I need a backup......if ur looking for something to up you into the free shipping zone, this is an excellent selection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This balm is light and soaks in quickly, which is good for wearing under lipstick. However, I find myself having to layer it to wear alone, which means I ran out of it very fast. I loved the light vanilla smell and the lipstick packaging, but I won't buy it again because my general needs for lip balm are satisfied by Blistex.

I always pick one of these up when I go to Sephora. It's very moisturizing and has a sweet, subtle scent.

Not much to say... just an awesome lip balm. Please don't discontinue this!!

I really like this limited edition vanilla scented lip balm from Sephora. It's moisturizing, long lasting, and is perfect for layering under lipsticks. I finished a tube very quickly though, even while using other balms simultaneously. The packaging is nice, the balm is in the shape of a lipstick.

Since buying this balm, I discovered my HG lip balm Aveeno Lip Conditioner (which I thought was discontinued since I couldn't find it in any store) was still available online. I immediately bought it and even though I had not used it in at least 5 years I still loved it as much as I did back then, and the Sephora balm paled in comparison (it didn't seem as moisturizing, and it has no SPF either). For this reason I won't buy it again but if the Aveeno ever gets discontinued and this is still available I will definitely purchase it in that case because it does perform well.

Top Rated Lip Treatments