Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

Filtered by eye Color : Black

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the very first expensive perfume I ever bought for myself. After reading good reviews about it in Marie Claire magazine I decided to give it a try. I bought it at Isetan and damn pricey, very pricey, like most Chanel perfumes. Eventhough the bottle wasn't fancy at all, it was a pleasant perfume though, didn't turn sour on my skin, it remained citrusy and flowery.

I don't wear it often, but when I do, I find it has nice long lasting staying power, heavy sillage after effect and when used sparingly, receives lots of compliments. I love the fact that it gives me that clean, fresh inoffensive smell.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Defintely my signature... The smell is so divine and am in love with this

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

EDIT: Not sure if this has been reformulated, but I got my second bottle of Eau Tendre in 2015, and something about it seemed off. There was a note that really bothered me and I just couldn't wear it anymore.

My signature scent!
For some reason, in the last few years I have had a hard time finding a fragrance that doesn't give me an instant migraine. I wore Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for some time, but always found it too citrus and just not feminine enough for my taste. Then I tried nearly everything and couldn't find anything I liked *and* could actually wear.

Someone recommended Chanel Chance Eau Tendre but I honestly never thought that this would be the one. Well, it was! I just love how it smells and especially that it doesn't bother me at all. Eau Tendre is a delicate and well balanced floral fruity scent. It's neither too floral or too fruity nor too sweet or too musky. It's just a little bit of each and, for me, it's just perfect. I love it!

OBS.: Eau Tendre is indeed very similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy. But while Daisy is more floral and "greener", Eau Tendre is more fruity and sweet, with a prominent citrus opening.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a lovely fragrance. It retails for SGD150 here in Singapore so it can be very painful to purchase since it is so expensive! I use this for work and people do ask what I am wearing because it is so nice. The fragrance lasts for a long time and makes me smell and feel fresh. My boyfriend recently bought me the limited edition deodorant from Chanel which goes so well with this. Despite the fact that this is so expensive, I will repurchase it. It is definitely something that I would like to have as a constant in my large (and often, unused) collection of fragrances.

Smells like MJ Daisy. I would buy this one over Daisy since it's longer lasting. But it's pretty expensive. Time to save up!

This is the fragrance that I've been using ever since it's launch sometime in 2010 or so I can't remember. I'm not experienced in fragrances, but contrary to some reviewers, I find this actually a complex scent, alluring girl-like but with a hint of maturity and optimism. It has inspired spin-offs, and I'm not talking just about cheap stuff on the streets. Recently at Sephora's, I tested Givenchy's Ange Ou Demon Le Secret and was shocked to learn its similarity to Chance eau Tendre. This said, after the dry-down, Givenchy's became this flat horrid orangey after-taste, which is certainly nowhere near the standard of Chanel. Nonetheless, I'm moving onto other scents, but Chance eau Tendre remains a fond favourite, with bitter and sweet memories.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

EDIT 2013:

this lasts a long, long time ~ and it is sweet and just adorable.

This is one of the only Chanels (other than maybe Allure EDT) that doesn't have that Chanel note/feel.

I absolutely love this, and it would be HG material if it didn't dry down to straight up musk on me. All I have is a light musk/"night queen" oil on my pulse points afterward, and this is a pet peeve of mine. That said, others might be able to smell the quince still... And it's amazing on your clothes. Doesn't really do it for me in the hair, this one.

As tons of others have pointed out, this is super similar to Daisy, but it's much lighter and has an oilier feel. It's also not as sweet.

I smell quince and sweet grapefruit the most, and then a soft floral. (It says jasmine, but that's not at all what I get.)

It lasts okay. It's beautiful, comforting, cheerful, and happy while it does. And so am I. :)

The bottle is to die for. I am not a fan of most Chanels (allure, mlle, this, and fraiche are only exceptions), but Chanel bottles are in my top 2... Maybe my favorite. Simple. Strong. Clean. Feminine. And very sleek.

If you like Daisy, Light Blue, I Love Love, or Bond Scent of Peace, give this a shot. It has the lightness of Scent of Peace, with a tad more sweetness added.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Was looking for spring/summer fragrance. Sampled this in Nordy. Love this fragrance. I may add it to my collections, still researching fragrances.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a gift from the bf - he picked this up for me because (1) it's the latest fragrance and (2) he likes it. Well, I don't really like this though not to the point that I hate to wear this. I was like o__O when I saw this. I didn't know if I should say "Thanks and I love this!" or tell him straight that I actually told him before I'm not impressed by this when we passed by a Chanel counter a couple of months ago. *gags*

Anyway, back to the fragrance... This surely isn't quite my cup of tea. I'm not a fan of fruity florals to begin with. The fruity floral fragrances I like are those more citrusy ones that give me a refreshing feeling, like YSL In Love Again and D&G Light Blue, to give you a brief idea. This isn't *that* refreshing and tbh, it's slightly suffocating to use this over the summer here which can boils up to 34 degree celsius with high humidity (well if staying in somewhere with a/c, it's ok). I will probably wear this during the spring/ summer time or summer/ autumn time. Luckily it's not to the point that I feel drowned in sugar syrup and got thrown into bouquets of flowers, which is the general impression that most of the fruity-florals give me. I would say that this is a young-in-heart, sweet-feeling, happy-to-go and non-offensive scent but there is nothing to wow with.

As for staying power, I must say it's beyond cr*p. One of the worst that I own if this isn't the worst. Like 2 hours on me during the hot and humid summer here - far worse than most EDT. However, it does stay nicely on my clothes for mroe than a day. Odd enough.

I guess the only things I like with this perfume is (1) my bf bought this for me afterall; (2) the grapefruit opening which actually lingers for some time (generally grapefruit is gone really quickly, at least on me); (3) the advertisment and the bottle, lol.

Just one more thing, I just don't think this is special and unique enough as I believe I have smelled sth similar before though I can't name it now (will update when I actually figure out whihc one). It certainly doesn't smell like Marc Jacobs Daisy on me. Anyway, I believe it won't be difficult to find a scent similar with this, esp with a lower tag price.

Btw, I don't own the original Chance and I can't compare. Anyhow, I didn't like Chance either. I gave it several tries at the counter long time ago. I think I will finish the bottle but I'm unlikely to buy one. Actually I doubt if I will finish this up for I will most liekly wear this for the bf only.

--Updated on 18 Sept 2010--
Sampled Chance Eau Fraiche and I think EF is much better choice for summer if compared to Eau Tendre. The floral in EF is more watery, light and therefore mroe refreshing. They are actually quite similar though when dried down, EF is somewhat sweeter.

Popular Fragrances