Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all let me say that I'm confused as to why this is thought of as a fragrance for young women! Just because it's light and fresh doesn't make it only for teens or 20-somethings - it's great for hot sticky weather. Lovely, airy fresh semi realistic floral but not suffocating at all. "Pretty" has never been so true. Sorry to say that that, and the great bottle, is about all I can say good about it. The lasting power is just horrible and Chanel should be ashamed of using such a poor formulation and charging so much for it. If it lasted beyond 2 hrs I would rate this my favorite summer scent of all time but as it is I won't be repurchasing. So very sad. FYI - I have tested the similar fragrances (Marc Jacobs Daisy, one of the Vince Camuto's) and they are only similar at first but dry down in a harsher way (to me at least).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a beautifully fine fragrance. It is the difinitive fruity floral and it maintains it's fruity-floralness throughout each level.

I was reluctant to get this due to it's popularity. However, upon initial spray a mixture of floral/citrus/fruityness wafted away from my skin. I wanted to say "Yeah boring, everyone has this." but I couldn't. The truth of the matter was it wasn't boring at all! And even though it's popular, it came inito it's own on me.

It's longevity is amazing. One blast of it and 12 hours later it still smells pretty much ... pretty. However, the there is an element in the drydown I'm not sure about. It has bizarrely developed a somewhat peachy undertone on me and I'm not sure if I like it (I don't like peachyness in general).

In saying this though, this perfume feels sophisticated and is the kind you could imagine wearing on a special occasion.

I'm not sure if I would want to wear this everyday but I think it would more work for me on a special evening out adorned in a chic and dainty attire.

I would really like to give this scent 4.5 stars but for now I'll give it 5. Although I am unsure as to whether the dry-down works for me there's no denying it's a wonderul scent.

I am on my second bottle of this. It's such a great any time scent. I've worn this in all seasons and it's perfect for when I want something light but still present. It definitely has an effervescent quality to it, as others have described. I find the lasting power to actually be pretty good! I notice it lingers more in my hair/clothing than on my skin. But it does last. It just gives a great clean, almost soapy smell with a hint of light musk. Any sharpness at the initial spray fades very quickly. I don't see how this could offend anyone unless you went way overboard. I don't reach for this as much as I did at first, but it's still in fairly heavy rotation for me. I would buy bottle #3 if I ran out!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

EDIT: Not sure if this has been reformulated, but I got my second bottle of Eau Tendre in 2015, and something about it seemed off. There was a note that really bothered me and I just couldn't wear it anymore.

My signature scent!
For some reason, in the last few years I have had a hard time finding a fragrance that doesn't give me an instant migraine. I wore Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for some time, but always found it too citrus and just not feminine enough for my taste. Then I tried nearly everything and couldn't find anything I liked *and* could actually wear.

Someone recommended Chanel Chance Eau Tendre but I honestly never thought that this would be the one. Well, it was! I just love how it smells and especially that it doesn't bother me at all. Eau Tendre is a delicate and well balanced floral fruity scent. It's neither too floral or too fruity nor too sweet or too musky. It's just a little bit of each and, for me, it's just perfect. I love it!

OBS.: Eau Tendre is indeed very similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy. But while Daisy is more floral and "greener", Eau Tendre is more fruity and sweet, with a prominent citrus opening.

Overrated screechy perfume that gives me a headache.

I wore this all summer long last year and smelled lovely but by mid afternoon it faded and by evening i no longer smelled it. Doesn't last very long. Just smells clean and light. Not offensive at all. Very pink fragrance if that makes any sense. This year I'm wearing Marc Jacobs Eau so Fresh Daisy for the warmer weather. Falls under the same catergory as this fragrance. Light and floral. Pretty.

A long time ago, as a teenager, I used to love the smell of a Gap fragrance called Grass. For some odd reason, this reminds me of that one crossed with Marc Jacobs Daisy. I don't know why, but those two always pop into mind when I first spray this. I like Daisy a lot, but I love this much more. It is softer yet lasts throughout the day and even into the night. I love this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my all time favorite perfume! It has the kinda apple fruit smell. The smell is so light and smooth. And the smell last for a long time. And sometimes it leaves a little scent on the clothes after I wash it. Try it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Of all the Chance flankers, Tendre is the best for me. I love the soft edge to my beloved but sometimes too loud Chance. It has less peppery notes and it's sweeter, that's the difference. It's abit more girly, but it stands out at the same time.

This perfume doesn't smell anything like Chanel Chance. I expected it to be a lighter, sparkling version of Chance but, as someone else noted, it smells very similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy. I use this as perfume for work because I work with small kids and don't want to choke them with anything strong.

In a word, boring.

It's not unpleasant. Extremely flowery, and the jasmine certainly stands out. But it just disappears, there's no sign of the purported amber/musk base notes. Probably won't buy this again.

Popular Fragrances