Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

Filtered by skin type : Normal

I've never purchased Chanel before because of the price and because I never liked any of the original Chanel's. But I tried Chance Eau Tendre just for fun while at the fragrance counter. I liked it. A lot. Even though it was terribly expensive, I bought the Eau Toilette and the corresponding body lotion. Happy early birthday to me. :-) This is an amazing fragrance. It's light but seems to have staying power. I could smell it the next morning. I couldn't smell it a lot, but it was there. I layered the samples I tried so perhaps that helped. I smell fruitiness, floral (especially Lily of the Valley) and even vanilla in this scent with slight musk added. That may not be the "ingredients" at all but it's what my nose detects. Usually vanilla is a fragrance I save for winter. But this is light enough, it works. This fragrance is fresh and clean smelling as well without leaning towards that "soapy" smell. I consider this a delightful and pleasant scent for ANY age. I plan on wearing it during the day when lighter scents are more appropriate. I recommend this.

This is really great for the office and every day life, running errands and church. Feminine, fresh, clean, pretty- who doesn't like it? I truly enjoy it but it is not quite original enough to be "my "scent.....so I would probably not wear it on vacation or around the house. I do love it, but it expresses the public me, not the private me. Unlikely I would repurchase as I am in my 50's and don't expect to run out of it. Retirement will see me wearing bolder fragrances.

I love the smell of this perfume! It also lasts and its not one of those perfumes you have to reapply every hour. This and Prada Candy are 2 of my fav perfumes

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

One cannot deny it smells very pretty, fresh. It is adorable, but in my opinion , better for the young, I can see it being the perfect first perfume for a young girl..it is rather light, very springlike, and seems anybody can wear it..so in the end, it becomes a bit boring, and longevity being poor, I don't think it is a scent worthy of all the raves!? In France where I am from, it isn't as popular as in North America for sone reason, because it is a fresh floral , rather simplistic, but real charming...
Nothing more.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Most beautiful scent ever.

I understand that it's not for everyone; to some, it is described as too overpowering and harsh to the nose. I'm not a fan of Chanel perfumes myself for this very reason, but somehow Chance Eau de Tendre is an exception.

It's one of their more airy, light scents that smells very youthful but still strong enough to make a statement. It's a flowery scent mixed with citrus.

I always douse myself in this when I walk into the department stores.
Just waiting to finish my other perfumes so I have shelf space for this one.
Oh, it's very longlasting (take it from someone who plays competitive sports and keeps a sample of this in her gym bag for all-day tournaments).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I received a 5ml sample bottle of Chanel Chance Eau Tendre when purcasing another perfume. I was so excited and really really wanted to like it. However, I tried using it on three different occasions and it didn't work for me... It was so so sweet! I could smell it around me almost all day long (that must be a good thing for the ones who love this fragrance!) and I never felt less myself. The fragrance reminds me of candy. Very sweet candy. Also fruits (nothing citrusy nor fresh, but more like melon and peach, even though peach is not on the list of notes, I think). I can only imagine this fragrance on a sweet cute teenage girl...
Had to give my sample bottle away... :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

While Christmas shopping in 2012, I was walking through Belk's perfume dept and caught a whiff that spun me around and made me backtrack. Whoa, something smelled *so* lovely -- I had to find out where that beautiful light whiff had come from. Not merely pretty -- it had a subtle sensuality about it also. Mmmm!

There was a tester of Chanel Chance Eau Tendre (= French for "soft", I believe) sitting on the counter on a stand -- that was it! I sprayed some on, then went to Books A Million -- and the young female cashier who checked out my coffee told me that I smelled soooo good -- so I volunteered the name of the perfume to her, since I could tell she was dying to know but was too polite to ask.

I have seen Chance Eau Tendre on Sephora's best-sellers shelf in third place (behind Flowerbomb and Viva La Juicy) -- and for awhile now, Eau Tendre has been the only version of Chance that our Belk's now sells. Eau Tendre must sell very well -- maybe even better than the original Chance or Eau Fraiche versions? I don't know, I've never heard any statistics -- but it seems to be quite popular.

Eau Tendre launched in 2010, and according to parfumo.net, its notes are:

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Quince (a fruit between apple & pear)
Heart Notes: Hyacinth, Jasmine
Base Notes: Amber, Iris, Musk, Cedarwood

This smells nothing like the original Chance, it's a completely different scent. To me, it's a very sheer fruity-floral -- delicate and breezy -- ethereal -- very feminine -- and it smells like its color -- which is a delicate pink.

It's airy, dewy, fresh, watery, and smells almost melony, in a way (ie, delicately fruity -- might that be the quince note?). It makes me think of a ballerina. Or a blush -- a shy blush. Vaguely takes me back to the 70's, but I don' t know which scent from back then it reminds me of.

In spite of being light, sheer, & wispy -- and an EDT strength -- it's actually quite strong and tenacious. I don't know how Chanel managed that, but they did. Be careful, it can be oversprayed -- and it lasts very well.. In my humble opinion, this fragrance would work on women of any age -- any season, any occasion. It's just a very pretty, light, inoffensive fragrance -- and it's sensual too.

ADDENDUM 6/18/15: I was gifted Marc Jacobs Daisy "Eau So Fresh" for Mother's Day, and I'm wearing it now -- and to me, Eau So Fresh smells similar to Chance Eau Tendre, but it's brighter. Bond No. 9 Madison Square Park (pink bottle) smells similar to Eau Tendre also IMHO, but the Bond is also brighter -- and stronger (all Bonds last like crazy).

All three scents are in the same basic wheelhouse, to my nose, but IMHO Eau Tendre is the smoothest, softest, most cohesive, most sensual, and the nicest. For me, it's a very calming, soothing, soft, dainty fragrance. Good anytime, but I'm finding I enjoy it most in warm/hot summer weather.

Adore this scent! Very feminine and chic. I wear it on a daily basis and it's my signature scent.

I wore this all summer long last year and smelled lovely but by mid afternoon it faded and by evening i no longer smelled it. Doesn't last very long. Just smells clean and light. Not offensive at all. Very pink fragrance if that makes any sense. This year I'm wearing Marc Jacobs Eau so Fresh Daisy for the warmer weather. Falls under the same catergory as this fragrance. Light and floral. Pretty.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is such a lovely fragrance. It retails for SGD150 here in Singapore so it can be very painful to purchase since it is so expensive! I use this for work and people do ask what I am wearing because it is so nice. The fragrance lasts for a long time and makes me smell and feel fresh. My boyfriend recently bought me the limited edition deodorant from Chanel which goes so well with this. Despite the fact that this is so expensive, I will repurchase it. It is definitely something that I would like to have as a constant in my large (and often, unused) collection of fragrances.

Popular Fragrances