Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Quince
Heart Notes: Hyacinth, Jasmine
Base notes: Amber, Cedar, Iris, White musk

Mediocre variation of the original 'Chance' by Chanel that was launched in 2010. Extremely fruity and sweet smelling. I would group this in the same boat as Flowerbomb - meant for a younger audience that prefers Bath and Body Works scents over masterpieces such as Shalimar.

I've actually been asked not to wear this at work, and for a good reason.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is the best, I ran out of it recently and I have to buy more before school starts up again. When the perfume is first applied, it smells pretty good, but it's the best smelling a while after it has been applied. I have gotten so many wonderful complements on how good it smells and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about purchasing. It's a very feminine smell, it's floral and light. It's also not an overpowering fragrance like some of the other Chanel Products so it could definitely be reapplied if needed throughout the course of the day.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

EDIT 2013:

this lasts a long, long time ~ and it is sweet and just adorable.

This is one of the only Chanels (other than maybe Allure EDT) that doesn't have that Chanel note/feel.

I absolutely love this, and it would be HG material if it didn't dry down to straight up musk on me. All I have is a light musk/"night queen" oil on my pulse points afterward, and this is a pet peeve of mine. That said, others might be able to smell the quince still... And it's amazing on your clothes. Doesn't really do it for me in the hair, this one.

As tons of others have pointed out, this is super similar to Daisy, but it's much lighter and has an oilier feel. It's also not as sweet.

I smell quince and sweet grapefruit the most, and then a soft floral. (It says jasmine, but that's not at all what I get.)

It lasts okay. It's beautiful, comforting, cheerful, and happy while it does. And so am I. :)

The bottle is to die for. I am not a fan of most Chanels (allure, mlle, this, and fraiche are only exceptions), but Chanel bottles are in my top 2... Maybe my favorite. Simple. Strong. Clean. Feminine. And very sleek.

If you like Daisy, Light Blue, I Love Love, or Bond Scent of Peace, give this a shot. It has the lightness of Scent of Peace, with a tad more sweetness added.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite of all the Chanel Chances. I've never felt compelled to purchase any of the others- and when I smelled this one in a magazine one night, and smeared the scented paper all over my neck and wrists, I woke up, smelled it on me, and decided I HAD to go and buy this one!! The day-after/lingering scent is so sweet and subtle... It's a gorgeous fragrance! I've only *truly* fallen in love with 3-4 scents in my adult life, and this is one of them :) I get compliments on how I smell almost daily- People stop me in my tracks to ask what it is I am wearing?! I also think it lasts longer on me due to my chemistry combining well... I love how floral, and sweet, and clean, and sophisticated this fragrance is. Someone else mentioned it smelled kind of like Viva La Juicy- It's funny because for the past few years, before Chance eau Tendre, VLJ was my favorite! Wonder what the connection is, as far as notes go? I feel so very beautiful when I am wearing this perfume. I even spray a little on before bed just to feel a little bit luxurious :) I've got about a fourth left in my current bottle and another one waiting to take it's place when it is gone!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Chance was my go-to fragrance back in the day. Then my nose and/or chemistry changed and I could not longer wear it. Patchouli became an enemy, and Chance's strident opening notes gave me an instant headache.

None of the flankers worked, either.

Yesterday on a whim (while killing time at Macy's), I decided to spray myself liberally with Eau Tendre. This had the potential to be disastrous, of course.

While there was no disaster, it was a non-event. Chance has a VERY strong resemblance to my bottle of Burberry Summer from a few years ago (which I still have and use). I guess it's the grapefruit and cedar.

The rest of the experience didn't do anything to impress me, and the scent was gone rather quickly.

I would not purchase this fragrance. In fact, I wasn't even interested in getting a sample for an extended test run. While I have many fragrances that resemble each other (variations on musk/sandalwood and floral notes, for example) this category just isn't something I need more than one of.

I will say this: I have had bad experiences with grapefruit going "B.O." on my skin, and this grapefruit did not.

Popular Fragrances