CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Toilette

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.9

Overrated screechy perfume that gives me a headache.

As many of the other reviewers have noted, this does not smell like 'a Chanel fragrance'. For some people that's a good thing. For me, it's disappointing. This is an incredibly generic fresh fruity floral department store fragrance with nothing unusual or or even especially pleasant about it. The packaging is cute but the fragrance is really one step up from cleaning product in smell terms.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

After my mother *almost* bought me this at a duty free shop, I was curious because she kept on saying how great it smelled. Luckily I came across a magazine strip sample in the most recent issue of Lucky and I sniffed it and liked it. I've spritzed myself with this several times during my most recent trips to the mall and while I like the initial smell, it dissipates into nothing very quickly. Ok, correction - it dissipates into an unremarkable dry down and the whole experience is so temporary I don't think I can justify spending money on a bottle of this when it's only 10-15 minutes of scent on me. As for the actual scent itself, it's nothing special. It smells nice, but in a generic fruity floral way.

I was initially put off by the fact that I don't like the original Chance and assumed this would be very similar to the original except lighter. It doesnt smell anything like the original Chance (which imo is quite spicy). Chance eau Tendre is classified as a fruity/floral but I dont really get the fruity aspect as I always assume fruity = sweet. Chance eau Tendre is a light floral that doesnt have any distinctive quality about it and smells quite generic. Its pretty but nothing about it stands out or makes it memorable. It smells very very similar to Marc Jacob's Daisy - if you like Daisy I can pretty much guarantee you will like this fragrance. I bought this because I am a sucker for a good ad campaign. Also I was expecting the actual perfume to be pink in color but it is not its clear.

Eau Tendre will go down in history as the "Pink Chanel." Chanel finally commits to the fruity/floral market with this latecomer that has very little to do with its progenitor. Eau Tendre makes me suspect that Eau Tendre is less inspiration and more the perspiration of pouring over just which fruit note sells and how much sugar must be added to the mix; the scent has obviously been made to appeal to a market younger than that of Chance's second flanker Eau Fraiche.

Chanel has made a delicate, pale-hued citrus floral that makes blushing virgins out of both grapefruit and jasmine. Everything has a modest quality to it, from the thin glaze of grapefruit at the top to the
angelic, non-indolic jasmine in the heart. The musk is a perfect oval at the bottom, mostly obfuscating an interrupted amber note. Cedar is a pleasing woody touch until it too is snipped, leaving room only for musk and remnant jasmine. At base level, the fragrance smells synthetic and unfortunately "modern," continuing to blur the line between personal fragrance and airliner lavatory. This is a terrible trend and someone ought to march against it, except that such an organized protest would be futile, since the stuff sells so well.

Surprisingly, the grapefruit note holds quite well and the floral notes do not. Eau Tendre has a brasher counterpart in La Vanilia Vanilla Grapefruit; if you liked the latter, you'll like Eau Tendre. Although Eau Tendre shares little with Chance, it does have (and is not openly admitting) to, the original's vanilla, dabbed through iris. Missing is Chance's sticky patchouli, which, in concert with vanilla, defines Chance for me.

Chanel hasn't reinvented the wheel here, but I am going to offer that they have improved it. Fruity-florals as a rule now seem to be in competition with one another for being the sweetest (Escada, which has the onus of an annual competition with itself), the stickiest, and the muskiest, and here Chanel has shown restraint. You won't want to jab a swizzle stick into Eau Tendre or to pour it over ice cream, but it may leave you baffled as to its birth family.

continued >>

While this fragrance is pleasant, it isn't very unique. To me, it is a dead ringer for Dior Addict Shine. It has a citrusy, grapefruit smell to it. The staying power doesn't seem to be as strong as other Chanel fragrances either. Received a sample but won't be purchasing it.

I'm not a perfume person but this one smells good if applied moderately. I would keep a small bottle to apply occationally. But the only type of fragrance I can put up with wearing everyday is Pure Grace.

I'm searching for a new scent as a Christmas gift for myself :) I have Chance and wear it but only to special occasions. Its very strong and definitely not for everyday. I tried Eau Tendre on today at Macys and though it was just so so. Actually to be honest, I could hardly smell it and what I did smell reminded me too much of Marc Jacobs Daisy, which I already have. Well....I have to say, that was about 6 hours ago and I can still smell it. Not only that, but this is the first fragrance that I have received compliments on, in a LONG time. Two people said something within a few hours time. Im amazed because I can hardly smell it on myself! This is a winner!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a big fan of the Chance fragrance line with Eau Fraiche being my favorite. Eau Tendre has a youthful, clean scent. At first spritz, I thought that it smelled a little too sweet and generic (you just expect a little more from Chanel). Given a few moments Eau Tendre starts to settle and it smells more fresh and clean with sweet floral notes. I find the scent to be very youthful and girly. Needless to say it eventually won me over and I purchased it.

Fresh, feminine and elegant. It also lasts on me longer than many other perfumes.

Popular Fragrances