CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Toilette

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.9

Eau Tendre will go down in history as the "Pink Chanel." Chanel finally commits to the fruity/floral market with this latecomer that has very little to do with its progenitor. Eau Tendre makes me suspect that Eau Tendre is less inspiration and more the perspiration of pouring over just which fruit note sells and how much sugar must be added to the mix; the scent has obviously been made to appeal to a market younger than that of Chance's second flanker Eau Fraiche.

Chanel has made a delicate, pale-hued citrus floral that makes blushing virgins out of both grapefruit and jasmine. Everything has a modest quality to it, from the thin glaze of grapefruit at the top to the
angelic, non-indolic jasmine in the heart. The musk is a perfect oval at the bottom, mostly obfuscating an interrupted amber note. Cedar is a pleasing woody touch until it too is snipped, leaving room only for musk and remnant jasmine. At base level, the fragrance smells synthetic and unfortunately "modern," continuing to blur the line between personal fragrance and airliner lavatory. This is a terrible trend and someone ought to march against it, except that such an organized protest would be futile, since the stuff sells so well.

Surprisingly, the grapefruit note holds quite well and the floral notes do not. Eau Tendre has a brasher counterpart in La Vanilia Vanilla Grapefruit; if you liked the latter, you'll like Eau Tendre. Although Eau Tendre shares little with Chance, it does have (and is not openly admitting) to, the original's vanilla, dabbed through iris. Missing is Chance's sticky patchouli, which, in concert with vanilla, defines Chance for me.

Chanel hasn't reinvented the wheel here, but I am going to offer that they have improved it. Fruity-florals as a rule now seem to be in competition with one another for being the sweetest (Escada, which has the onus of an annual competition with itself), the stickiest, and the muskiest, and here Chanel has shown restraint. You won't want to jab a swizzle stick into Eau Tendre or to pour it over ice cream, but it may leave you baffled as to its birth family.

continued >>

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always stick to the same purfume which is either Micheal Kors or Bar co. For summer however my cousin recently showed me this particular line of Chanel Chance EAU Tendra and I have to say it's not like any of the other Chanel purfume's! I almost didn't want to like it because it seems so popular right now and of course expensive, but I can understand why it is - it's such a light but noticeable scent great for spring and summer and the dry down really has a nice smell to it very unique good for any age women, of course it can smell slightly different on everyone due to our own chemistry but I can smell it the next day on my clothes and it smells really nice still. I bought the small bottle to see if I would really like it and first time wearing it, my husband said he really liked it which is a first he never comments on my purfume's so guess this is a keeper if we both like it!!

It doesn't matter where I go with this fragrance, I get compliments. The lastest complements were at a surgery center, my doctors office and, yes, the grocery store. I love telling them it's Eau Tendre and usually they already suspect that it is. I find it long wearing and fresh. Not to mention sexy, but it is that too.

I'm so glad the body cream is out now also. It's really soft but as I have the Chance cream that lingers all day, I also suspect Eau tendre does also.

It is my favorite "go to" now. Love, love it.

A long time ago, as a teenager, I used to love the smell of a Gap fragrance called Grass. For some odd reason, this reminds me of that one crossed with Marc Jacobs Daisy. I don't know why, but those two always pop into mind when I first spray this. I like Daisy a lot, but I love this much more. It is softer yet lasts throughout the day and even into the night. I love this.

I got this in the Body Mist, it smells so decadent! Very lux, Chanel is my fave brand for anything (I need to quit!!), but the lasting power of the Body Mist isn't long lasting like an EDP/EDT so I've ordered plain Chance EDT 1.2oz for $72 & 3 different Chanel soaps in hopes that they will serve me better than this Body Mist. This is a big bottle for $55 which is why I thought it would be a gr8 deal but I end up spraying it about every 5 minutes coz it does not last. I'm sure the EDP is better! My mistake trying to go cheaper route nothing against the scent. It's lovely & effervescent like champagne, happy & frolicking, cheerful & friendly just a little snobby but classy & selective; pink is embodied in a scent! I used to like VS/B&BW but I sprayed some Pink body spray today & it smelled just rough compared to Chanel's smoothly suave pinkness. I've spoiled myself! VS pink fresh & clean bodywash & lotion goes pretty good w this thou to try to prolong the scent.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this fragrance. So soft and beautiful. Every single time I wear this I always get compliments that I smell great. I am on my second bottle and this is my go to perfume when I want a subtle fresh dainty scent. This isn't too heavy or too light. During the day I will get a whiff of it myself when i move around, and I stil enjoy it! This can be worn for all ages....love, love, love it!!!

I'm searching for a new scent as a Christmas gift for myself :) I have Chance and wear it but only to special occasions. Its very strong and definitely not for everyday. I tried Eau Tendre on today at Macys and though it was just so so. Actually to be honest, I could hardly smell it and what I did smell reminded me too much of Marc Jacobs Daisy, which I already have. Well....I have to say, that was about 6 hours ago and I can still smell it. Not only that, but this is the first fragrance that I have received compliments on, in a LONG time. Two people said something within a few hours time. Im amazed because I can hardly smell it on myself! This is a winner!

I was initially put off by the fact that I don't like the original Chance and assumed this would be very similar to the original except lighter. It doesnt smell anything like the original Chance (which imo is quite spicy). Chance eau Tendre is classified as a fruity/floral but I dont really get the fruity aspect as I always assume fruity = sweet. Chance eau Tendre is a light floral that doesnt have any distinctive quality about it and smells quite generic. Its pretty but nothing about it stands out or makes it memorable. It smells very very similar to Marc Jacob's Daisy - if you like Daisy I can pretty much guarantee you will like this fragrance. I bought this because I am a sucker for a good ad campaign. Also I was expecting the actual perfume to be pink in color but it is not its clear.

While this fragrance is pleasant, it isn't very unique. To me, it is a dead ringer for Dior Addict Shine. It has a citrusy, grapefruit smell to it. The staying power doesn't seem to be as strong as other Chanel fragrances either. Received a sample but won't be purchasing it.

I'm not a perfume person but this one smells good if applied moderately. I would keep a small bottle to apply occationally. But the only type of fragrance I can put up with wearing everyday is Pure Grace.