Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The only things I like about this new flanker are the bottle color & the ad campaign. Actually, in person, I don't remember this looking very pink. Anyway, this fragrance gave me a big headache. It just smells a bit cheap and overpowering. Also, it doesn't smell a thing like Chance. That's just my take on it & I should say that all the SA's at Nordies really seemed to like it. I do think that this is the least Chanel of any of their scents. I know that Chance itself is a bit of a departure for the house but I think it still has that Chanel flaire. Personally, while I like Chance Eau Fraiche, I prefer the EDT as the EDP goes a bit sour on me. Here are the listed notes for Eau Tendre:
Top: grapefuit, melon, quince
Heart: hyacinth, jasmine
Base: iris, white musk, Virginia cedar, amber

While this fragrance is pleasant, it isn't very unique. To me, it is a dead ringer for Dior Addict Shine. It has a citrusy, grapefruit smell to it. The staying power doesn't seem to be as strong as other Chanel fragrances either. Received a sample but won't be purchasing it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Edit: 2015 ...This has bad lasting power and my opinion has not changed...overpriced and lasts 20mins...whats so great about this boring flat scent . The edt chance is much more elegant and beautiful and this weak scent cannot compete !...(sampled this....fresh and clean....but smells just like MARIAH CAREY LUSCIOUS PINK FRAGRANCE.....I WALKED AROUND AND I THOUGHT TO MYSELF"....this is nice, but its a copy and so i did not want to buy it. what a bummer!!!

Eau Tendre will go down in history as the "Pink Chanel." Chanel finally commits to the fruity/floral market with this latecomer that has very little to do with its progenitor. Eau Tendre makes me suspect that Eau Tendre is less inspiration and more the perspiration of pouring over just which fruit note sells and how much sugar must be added to the mix; the scent has obviously been made to appeal to a market younger than that of Chance's second flanker Eau Fraiche.

Chanel has made a delicate, pale-hued citrus floral that makes blushing virgins out of both grapefruit and jasmine. Everything has a modest quality to it, from the thin glaze of grapefruit at the top to the
angelic, non-indolic jasmine in the heart. The musk is a perfect oval at the bottom, mostly obfuscating an interrupted amber note. Cedar is a pleasing woody touch until it too is snipped, leaving room only for musk and remnant jasmine. At base level, the fragrance smells synthetic and unfortunately "modern," continuing to blur the line between personal fragrance and airliner lavatory. This is a terrible trend and someone ought to march against it, except that such an organized protest would be futile, since the stuff sells so well.

Surprisingly, the grapefruit note holds quite well and the floral notes do not. Eau Tendre has a brasher counterpart in La Vanilia Vanilla Grapefruit; if you liked the latter, you'll like Eau Tendre. Although Eau Tendre shares little with Chance, it does have (and is not openly admitting) to, the original's vanilla, dabbed through iris. Missing is Chance's sticky patchouli, which, in concert with vanilla, defines Chance for me.

Chanel hasn't reinvented the wheel here, but I am going to offer that they have improved it. Fruity-florals as a rule now seem to be in competition with one another for being the sweetest (Escada, which has the onus of an annual competition with itself), the stickiest, and the muskiest, and here Chanel has shown restraint. You won't want to jab a swizzle stick into Eau Tendre or to pour it over ice cream, but it may leave you baffled as to its birth family.

continued >>

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was pretty shocked to find out that Chanel Chance Eau Tendre currently has a rating of 2.2! To me, that rating belongs on a bottle of Paris Hilton Heiress perfume. I am new to the Chanel fragrances, and debated for a while between this and Eau Fraiche, and ended up getting Eau Tendre because my boyfriend preferred it.

I bought it from Sephora, and honestly love it. It's super girly. It's not the longest lasting perfume I own (that award does to Miss Dior Cherie), but it's stays for a decent amount of time and smells divine. I would most likely repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It smells like " wanna be D&G Light Blue" for women, and then "Oh, wait, I wanna be Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture". It is not original, not innovative, not recognizable, not CHANEL, and definitely not CHANEL Chance.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Lovely fresh floral scent. Doesn't last worth a crap!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am surprised by the negative reviews on this. I admit this is not that unique but it is better than most fruity florals on the market. This lasts all day on me and I get a ton of compliments. It is a pretty scent, reminds me of Daisy. I also have Eau Fraiche but the Eau Tendre gets more compliments.

I am so surprised about the negative reviews for this. While I don't collect a lot of fragrances, due to my scent free work environment, I do love this one! It's very floral but that is the best part!

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Yes, this fragrance is definitely aimed at a younger audience. I'm not in my teens, so generally I stay away from anything overly fruity and sweet. However, I really love a lot of chanel fragances and had to try this one out. I was not a fan of the original chance and chance fraiche, but I love this one! It has a really pretty citrus note at the beginning, very fresh and clean and not overly sweet. Then the florals come in, and to me the jasmine is also clean and soapy not so heavy. The white musk I love on this. Again, very clean, not overly soapy but not dirty either. Overall a very fresh light floral fragrance that I will wear all spring and summer. Lasting power on this isn't great. About 3 hours on me. However, to me this is a plus since for summer I like light fragrances that don't overpower.

Popular Fragrances