CHANEL Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Toilette

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

First of all let me say that I'm confused as to why this is thought of as a fragrance for young women! Just because it's light and fresh doesn't make it only for teens or 20-somethings - it's great for hot sticky weather. Lovely, airy fresh semi realistic floral but not suffocating at all. "Pretty" has never been so true. Sorry to say that that, and the great bottle, is about all I can say good about it. The lasting power is just horrible and Chanel should be ashamed of using such a poor formulation and charging so much for it. If it lasted beyond 2 hrs I would rate this my favorite summer scent of all time but as it is I won't be repurchasing. So very sad. FYI - I have tested the similar fragrances (Marc Jacobs Daisy, one of the Vince Camuto's) and they are only similar at first but dry down in a harsher way (to me at least).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

One cannot deny it smells very pretty, fresh. It is adorable, but in my opinion , better for the young, I can see it being the perfect first perfume for a young girl..it is rather light, very springlike, and seems anybody can wear it..so in the end, it becomes a bit boring, and longevity being poor, I don't think it is a scent worthy of all the raves!? In France where I am from, it isn't as popular as in North America for sone reason, because it is a fresh floral , rather simplistic, but real charming...
Nothing more.

Nothing special at all, just your run of the mill floral....on me that is, there nothing wrong with it persay it's just not me. it's probably magical on some lucky people, I tend to have bad luck with Chanel fragrances and this one is no exception....they're either way too powerful or just don't wow me the way some houses perfumes do (Dior, Givenchy, Thierry Mugler) but that's okay I don't need 10 million perfumes...okay yes I do just not from Chanel. ;0)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm not usually keen on floral fragrances, but this has a burst of fruitiness which cuts through it. Super feminine & pretty. Great for daytime/spring summer

*update* I've worn this on and off for a couple of months and I've become a little bored with it . This is a first for me, but I think the initial novelty of a new fragrance has worn off. It's not one which I will buy again

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Do not buy this blind, as it can be a bit cloying. A light fruity take on "Chance" with citrusy top note and sweet florals. Very light and gorgeously packaged and marketed but alas, not my fave, I will stick with "regular" Coco.

Loved the "tender" name! And I wanted a classy, grown-up fragrance to call my own, after decades of devotion to $6.99 body sprays--which I still adore, by the way....Vanilla Fantasy is the ultimate!
Anyway, I sampled this last spring, walked around the store, and loved how the dry down developed on me. Much sweeter and softer than the initial citrusy spritz. Impulse-bought it of course, and wore it regularly for the next few days. As always seems to happen, I wondered what I had loved about it after a short time...this rather stale, sharp scent?! But the story doesn't end here--everywhere I wore it (grudgingly so as not to "waste" it), men complimented me on how beautiful I smelled. Eventually, I could barely smell Chnace Eau Tendre on myself and stopped wearing it despite the compliments. Then, months later-- yesterday-- I sprayed some on to try & remember what it smells like, and again it developed into a lovely "tender" scent! And I got stopped and told how good I smell by a young man! Hmm, ok, I'm starting to think it just does better in non-summer months on my skin...could that be it? I'm a fan again!

Eau Tendre will go down in history as the "Pink Chanel." Chanel finally commits to the fruity/floral market with this latecomer that has very little to do with its progenitor. Eau Tendre makes me suspect that Eau Tendre is less inspiration and more the perspiration of pouring over just which fruit note sells and how much sugar must be added to the mix; the scent has obviously been made to appeal to a market younger than that of Chance's second flanker Eau Fraiche.

Chanel has made a delicate, pale-hued citrus floral that makes blushing virgins out of both grapefruit and jasmine. Everything has a modest quality to it, from the thin glaze of grapefruit at the top to the
angelic, non-indolic jasmine in the heart. The musk is a perfect oval at the bottom, mostly obfuscating an interrupted amber note. Cedar is a pleasing woody touch until it too is snipped, leaving room only for musk and remnant jasmine. At base level, the fragrance smells synthetic and unfortunately "modern," continuing to blur the line between personal fragrance and airliner lavatory. This is a terrible trend and someone ought to march against it, except that such an organized protest would be futile, since the stuff sells so well.

Surprisingly, the grapefruit note holds quite well and the floral notes do not. Eau Tendre has a brasher counterpart in La Vanilia Vanilla Grapefruit; if you liked the latter, you'll like Eau Tendre. Although Eau Tendre shares little with Chance, it does have (and is not openly admitting) to, the original's vanilla, dabbed through iris. Missing is Chance's sticky patchouli, which, in concert with vanilla, defines Chance for me.

Chanel hasn't reinvented the wheel here, but I am going to offer that they have improved it. Fruity-florals as a rule now seem to be in competition with one another for being the sweetest (Escada, which has the onus of an annual competition with itself), the stickiest, and the muskiest, and here Chanel has shown restraint. You won't want to jab a swizzle stick into Eau Tendre or to pour it over ice cream, but it may leave you baffled as to its birth family.

continued >>

While this fragrance is pleasant, it isn't very unique. To me, it is a dead ringer for Dior Addict Shine. It has a citrusy, grapefruit smell to it. The staying power doesn't seem to be as strong as other Chanel fragrances either. Received a sample but won't be purchasing it.

This is really great for the office and every day life, running errands and church. Feminine, fresh, clean, pretty- who doesn't like it? I truly enjoy it but it is not quite original enough to be "my "scent.....so I would probably not wear it on vacation or around the house. I do love it, but it expresses the public me, not the private me. Unlikely I would repurchase as I am in my 50's and don't expect to run out of it. Retirement will see me wearing bolder fragrances.

I don't won this one yet, but the couple times I tested it, I really loved it. It's not even really my normal fruity, or vanilla, but I really like it. I buy lots of perfumes on ebay, but there are so many fakes of this one, that it looks like I'll be heading to the big name store and paying top dollar. In this case, because I like this one so much, it's probably worth it. I just hope it has decent silage and longevity for full price.