Tocca Giulietta

4.1

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this fragrance!

on 2/25/2018 8:38:00 PM

This reminds me of a more mature version of Victoria’s Secret Heavenly, a warm powdery musk with an apple-citrus kick. It is very feminine. I like it well enough and it is inoffensive on me with relatively decent staying power, but it is nothing really stand out.

on 1/1/2018 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My new love! I used a tester of this fragrance in a Sephora store and went back to buy it the next day after I could not stop sniffing my wrist! I bought the rollerball version and it just smells so perfect on me. Staying power is easily 6 hrs. before I would re-apply. I get more of the fresh apple/lily floral notes when I first apply it, then it dries down to the wonderful cedar/sandlewood/musk notes. It doesn't smell sweet at all on me -- which I like. I'm not a fan of cloying sugar vanilla or fruity scents. It's beautifully soft and feminine but also a bit more sophisticated than your typical light floral fragrances. It's sensuous without trying too hard...you have get in close to breathe in the warm, clean scent. Ahhhh...heaven!

on 4/21/2017 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Fabulous! OMG, I'm dying and swooning. This is the most ME fragrance type of my former young self -- this is totally in my life wheelhouse -- but it's also the kind I haven't run across in ages.

It's like a big blast from my past. I just ran across this in Sephora on Saturday -- sprayed some on -- let it meld with my skin awhile -- sniffed it -- and ooooh! It had became soft & musky & soooo delicious. It took me back to the roots of my love for fragrance -- where it all began for me. This is the type that was my original fragrance love.

It smells so familiar, and as I wear it (yes, I bought some on Saturday), I'm having flashback after flashback to my younger years -- like something I used to wear constantly back in the day. This is the same *type* that used to be my signature, but this type was never very expensive.

I can't think of what it reminds me of -- more than 1 perfume, I think -- but in my 20's I used to wear mostly very soft, close-to-the-skin sensuous musky florals -- and Giulietta fits into that category. It's a soft, clean, innocent, musky "your-skin-but-better" oh-so-sensuous light floral.

And -- very importantly -- it's also very *mellow* -- no sharpness, no pointy screechy "freshness" (which I can't stand). Giulietta is soft, sin-musky, and *mellow*. Its combination of notes adds up to delectable. This is truly like a time machine fragrance for me -- and old memories are rising to the surface, like a Magic 8 ball.

Since the 90's, I've moved on to sweet orientals, gourmands, & vanillas big-time -- Angel and all of her clones -- because that's what they've been making, right? But my original loves were the softly innocent diaphenous ethereal angelic -- yet oh-so-sensuous -- floral musky fragrances. The kind that seems to sink down deeply and *emanate* from your skin -- like it hasn't been applied but comes from within the wearer naturally (a favorite perfume characteristic of mine).

These *soft & mellow* types of perfumes seem to come & go quickly. I've loved many like this, bought them, wore them, and then they've been discontinued (grrr). Quiet demur scents never seem to last long on the market -- perhaps others find them boring? Giulietta is popular, I think, but it isn't Tocca's best-seller. For me, however, it's a total home run, my runaway fave in the line so far (although I also have & love Stella and Colette, esp Stella).

Giulietta is a magical scent for me, personally. It takes me back to probably several that I used to wear in the 70's-80's that were discontinued. It's a simple, light, skin-musky, not-too-sweet scent -- that a fairy might wear. I want to stock up on a lifetime supply of Giulietta. I don't ever want to run out of this heavenly scent that encapsulates one of the main fragrance themes of my life.

on 6/4/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Tocca Giulietta is a delicate, soft, light, fresh, floral scent. I tend to not like florals and actually usually don't like Tocca scents, but Guilietta is a pretty scent. The apple, cedarwood, sandalwood, and musk seem to blend well and offset all the floral notes nicely.

Notes: Bulgarian Rose, Ylang Ylang, Green Apple, Pink Tulips, Lily of the Valley, Iris Pallida, Vanilla Orchid, Lilac, Heliotrope, Cedarwood, Musk, Amber, Sandalwood.

The packaging isn't great. The bottle is pretty. However, the cap is plastic and cheap. There is a sticker on the front which wears away. Also, the nozel got stuck and stopped spraying. Luckily, I was at the end of the bottle.

Overall, this isn't in my top 10 scents, but it's still a good option for a floral and an easy scent to wear.

on 4/13/2016 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one doesn't smell fresh on me. I was attracted by the apple description but on me it smells very flowery and perfumey. I don't know if it's the fact that my mother used to wear lilly of the valley but to me it smells matronly, which most Tocca perfumes don't.

on 9/22/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a sample with a Sephora order and I decided to try it out. The notes include Bulgarian Rose, Lily of the Valley, and Amber. I have never been a fan of the notes so I was bound to not like this floral concoction. Given its weakness and lack of staying power that's quite alright. I will not purchase.

on 8/23/2014 7:07:00 PM

Lots of lily of the valley, rose and green apple, then some amber. Smells light, fresh and fruity, but fades in 15 minutes. Gorgeous bottle, zero staying power.

on 2/6/2014 12:15:00 PM

I love this fragrance. I was skeptical when I first tried it, because at first smell- it just stank on me. I dismissed it and walked away. A half hour later, I could smell something wonderful- soft, floral, with hints of powder and beautiful musk. Then I realized it was the Giulietta, so I returned and bought it. This has fast become one of my very favorite fragrances- soft and clean, with a "comforting" fragrance, if that makes sense. It's not too strong, it's not overdone, and every once in a while after I think the scent has faded, I get a lovely, soft waft of the fragrance again. For some reason, my body chemistry amplifies the musk in this fragrance (in a good way) and on me the fragrance is soft, but musky and slightly woodsy, with a hint of green.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think this perfume is something I have been waiting for my whole life. It smells like it was just made for me. It is how I have always wanted to smell like, if that makes sense.
When I spray this, I get hit with the tart green apple, then the tulip just takes over. It's a long lasting scent on me. My body chemistry has changed over the years and I don't know how a scent is going to do until I put it on my skin. This just stays pure for easily 6 hours on me. No powdery-what-the-hell-did-I-just-spray-on-myself! I love this with a passion. My daughter says it smells like "me". I also have the body cream that is divine and is a lovely cream for layering.

Popular Fragrances