jenulence

No Image

2.5

Eyes: Violet

Some of the great things about this company is the fact that they allow sample baggies for about $1.00 per tiny zippy bag with barely there samples inside. I love their shipping fees. Only about $3.95 for shipping and the package comes nicely wrapped and cushioned in a timely manner.

Here are some reasons why I do not like Jenulence Mineral Makekup powder:

1. after hearing all the raves on youtube , I thought I'd give it a try. In order for this makeup to look good on you, you'll have to have nearly perfect skin. So in that sense, this mineral is not competitive enough compares to all the other minerals i've tried on the market. it has virtually zero coverage. if you want more coverage you can try their concealer foundation. Unfortunately I broke out within 2 days of using it. I normally do not even break out and I haven't done anything different with foods or skin care routine. I stopped using it for a week, and then try using it again to see if it's the makeup or not. Again I broke out with huge cysts when I normally do not even break out. Even though they listed their makeup ingredients as very basic, I always wonder if their secrecite mica may have been chemically treated to cause adverse reaction for me.

2. they customer service is very poor. they sent me the wrong product and i emailed them 2x following up again the second week with no response. watch out for the customer service. I just don't feel that this is an honest business practice when they ignore a customer for sending the wrong product.

3. here is how their minerals perform. It very dry and flaky accentuating weird lines that I didn't even have to begin with. I was using EM and didn't have such problem with a less expensive mineral brand. The color is nice and it does stay. however they break me out and accentuate flakiness. it just looks hideous. I thought my skin look better without the makeup on.

my conclusion: i've tried at least 20 different mineral brands and I would not consider purchasing from this company again due to poor customer service, high price, incompatible mineral ingredients with my skin, poor texture, and poor coverage . the concealer foundation has more coverage but it's texture is horrible. just a big disappointment over all. I am starting to wonder if these girls on youtube were paid for their advertisement on youtube. I know I ran into several lemons minerals starting with bare escentual that broke me out like a blizzard. every body claim to have clean ingredients yet it's breaking people out like hell. I think many of these companies are not disclosing what kind of chemicals these naturally occurring mineral may have been were tampered with. Based on my past experience with tons of mineral products i have tried, simple ingredients such as mica, titanium oxide, zinc, iron has never made me break out before.

on 3/25/2010 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I have a very pink face and I've finally found a foundation that covers that and matches my neck exactly. I bought this in Foundation/Concealer and while you have to buff some spots the overall effect is lovely--not dead matte or lifeless. Lots of PPP colors to choose from: I got Pink Seashell, a neutral ivory with pink undertones. It lasts all day and then some. I'm very pleased to have found this line and will branch out and order more from them. Note: $20 for 30 gms of powder is not a bad price as these things go.