Dazzle Dry

No Image

4.6

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I feel obligated to write a review... As a nail tech there is a reason this product is only meant to be sold through a distributor to salons and spas to be used on the public by licensed professionals. There is a six hour training that accompanies a salon being allowed to use this product properly. If you purchased this on Amazon or eBay and you have no idea what you're doing or how to prep your nailbeds or even the polish, of course you will have terrible results. Imo, this is a fool proof product when used properly. My clients (including moms, RNs and daycare workers) get up to three weeks wear and love that they're 100% dry through and through in less than five minutes, especially for pedis in boot season. :) Not to mention vegan/cruelty free, low toxicity, no UV, easy gentle nail polish remover removal method, makes nails stronger, etc... The only possible constructive criticism I would add is the brush could improved. Of course working with it day in and day out I've long since adjusted, but opi, especially now opi pro just takes the cake for perfect FAST application brushes. This one doesn't do you any favors for speed and wants to try to be fickle on accuracy.... ahh but I've learned your tricks now brush! But for the home manicurist, oy vey!

on 10/21/2017 12:46:00 PM

I’m on my 2nd DD manicure, and I love it. While I like my nails to look tidy and pretty, I hate fussing with them, and hate having any imperfections in them. I’ve had gel manicures for a long time, but my nails weakened over time, and I was concerned about photo aging from the lights. My first DD manicure lasted for 12 days (done by a nail professional), and I’m about a week into my 2nd, which I did myself. No chips, no edge wear, perfect. And it really is COMPLETELY dry after five minutes. I highly recommend reading the instructions fully, and watching the manufacturers tutorial video. It’s a little technique sensitive, but easily mastered.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

What a great product! I bought this after searching for an alternative to gel manicures, which are too costly for me now. I'd always hated doing my own nails because I inevitably smudge or dent my polish. Dazzle Dry has received glowing reviews on blogs, so I bought the 6-piece kit, which included Nail Prep, base coat, top coat, and three colors.

I was really skeptical about it at first, but to my surprise and delight, everything did dry rock hard within minutes. I applied three thick coats, but they dried thinly and I've had the same color on for two weeks now and apart for growth, my nails look as though I had just done them.

The 6-piece kit cost $68 total and arrived within days. Each color is about $9 per bottle and I think they're only available online.

Highly recommended!

I bought the 3 piece Dazzle Dry kit because I read so many great blog reviews. The kit contains a Nail Prep, Base Coat & Top Coat. I have gotten great results using all three products with both Butter and Julep polishes. I have never worn Butter and not had it chip, but it doesn't chip when I use DD. The Top Coat doesn't dry as quickly as Seche Vite or Sally Hansen Insta-Dri but it still dries quickly (5 min. or so) and the shine is AMAZING. I would say that the best feature of the Top Coat is that it doesn't seem to cause shrinkage which was a major problem for me with Seche Vite and Insta-Dri. For those looking for a Formaldehyde, Toluene and Phthalate free Base and Top Coat-these are a really strong line of products. They will be my go to products from now on.

Dazzle Dry's system is very tricky to follow. You have to really prep your nails properly or they will chip instantly. Although yes, their nail polish dries really fast. I've used it three times now and I might be doing something wrong but all of those times my nails chipped by the end of the day. Maybe I just have oily nails or something. Hahaha. Another plus point is that all of their products (yup, ALL) don't stain my nails. I've tried on their darker colors and I'm pleasantly surprised that my nails were not yellow after. Still, their products are way too expensive for someone like me who changes their nail polish every week. Hihi.

on 1/25/2017 5:17:00 PM

I use the system with other nail polishes and it works well. I am not too fond of the Dazzle Drys colors ( can only see online) so I use other brands. The nail prep is the secret. Also put 2 coats of the base coat to keep your nails chip free. The only thing is that the nail prep has alcohol which is very drying so my nails are somewhat peeling. Not sure if I will take a break to let my nails get back in shape. But, overall I think it is the best system on the market for natural nails.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was all set to love this like the holiest of HG. But it chipped within 8 hours! The reviews are all so glowing, and their customer service was outstanding. According to reviews it "wears like iron," but all of those bloggers got the product free from the company, so obviously their reviews are not unbiased. I followed the 4-step instructions to the letter. Now I'm going to see if that excellent customer service will give me a refund! EDIT: Kathy has been so responsive and helpful that even though it chips, I can't give it a 1. But after carefully warming the base coat as Kathy directed, I still only got 2 days out of it before a couple small chips. For the money, I expected the wear I read about in reviews. Kathy had me send it back, and I assume she'll refund once she receives it. (You can be sure I'll report if that doesn't happen...but I think it will.) If you try this and have better luck than I did, PLEASE let me know! Maybe it was the color I used (Casablanca). I would be willing to try again if I had reason to believe another kit would work better. EDIT 9/1/11: For some reason I took a chance and bought this stuff again. I have had the same polish on for two weeks without chipping, and no end in sight. What I did differently this time? The base coat. Warm it up! Not just to room temp, but let it sit in hot tap water for a couple minutes until it is clear as water. If it's cloudy at all, warm it longer. Now I'm thrilled. And the service really is amazing! Web site sucks, however. continued >>

on 8/28/2010 1:13:00 AM

Almost perfect, but they don't wear longer than other polishes on thin nails. Might be great for others, though. Long review ahead! I was really excited to try these, so I am going into detail!

I got these because humidity has kept my manicures from drying, even with fast-dry top coats like Seche Vite. I ordered the base coat, top coat, and a bunch of of colors from vbcosmetics.com. (They have fantastic customer service, btw. The server went down while processing my order, and they contacted me immediately to get some missing info. They threw in several free polishes to make up for the trouble.)

These really dry 100% in minutes. 5 minutes at most, but usually more like 1. So awesome. The base coat was thin and clear, not ridge-filling at all. My nails aren't badly grooved, but this could be a problem for some. The polish formula is unusual. It seems to go on thickly, but dries as though you've done thin, even coats. You cannot mess up the application because of this. The finish was a bit matte, but the top coat is very glassy and shiny.

You don't have to use the whole system together. Other brand bases work with the polish, and the top coat can be used over other any polish to speed up drying time. But the lightning fast dry times work best with the system.

As the company promises, my nails were not stained, and I tried Cherish, a deep red color. What keeps me from loving these is that I can't get them to last more than average manicures, which is only 2-3 days for me. The metallic shade (Mystic Voyage, a cool bronze/gray/taupe shade) was the only one that wears longer.

I think this may be unique to my nails, though. The polish dries incredibly solid and rock hard. It has no give. This is usually a positive. My nails are very thin, and when they get wet, they are very flexible. This polish would always lift at the sides of my nails, where they naturally bend. The polish could not move with the nail. So, I don't think this is the fault of the polish, and more my nails. Pedicures have been fantastic with this polish.

So, I think Dazzle Dry makes great polish, and is worth trying out. If you have thin, bendy nails, maybe get a metallic shade, and save the cremes for your toes.