Anastasia Beverly Hills Illumin8 Eye Shadow Palette #1

No Image

4.8

Talc, Boron Nitride, Triethylhexanoin, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Althaea Officinalis Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Nylon-12, Magnesium Carbonate, Water/Eau/Aqua, Ethoxydiglycol, Barium Sulfate, Peat Extract, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Gold, Potassium Sorbate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane/Benzimidazole Diamond Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Butylene Glycol, Sea Whip Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, May Contain/Peut Contenir: (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742 ), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 4/13/2012 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently ordered this palette from Sephora (also bought Palette 2) and I am still in the process of trying it out. These shadows are supposed to be a treatment for the eyelids as well as a make-up product. Well, I have no idea if the hype is true or not. Not a bad idea though since eye treatment creams are not supposed to be used on the lids. It is nice to have something on the eyelids that can help the tender skin there. With that in mind, I called the Anastasia folks in Beverly Hills to ask about es primer. I need to wear a primer to prevent creasing and disappearing . The recommendation is to wear these shadows without a primer in order to get the benefit of the treatment effect. I was pretty skeptical that I could wear these colors without a primer but I understood the reasoning behind their advice. So, I have been testing them out on bare lids. Yikes! They last! I can wear them all day with no problems and they were pretty easy to take off at night. I used a Klorane liquid remover instead of my usual oily one. Shadows came right off. I am impressed. I guess the formula itself acts as a base. I have oily lids but not excessively oily lids. They tend to eat any shadow I use so I have a little collection of primers....all the usual suspects....in my makeup box. I will not be needing them, it seems, with these particular shadows. The colors are gorgeous. They are not deeply pigmented which suits me just fine. There is a bit of sparkle in some of the colors of both palettes but nothing that looks ridiculous on my, ahem, more mature eyes! If you are looking for some shadows that work well on creepy lids and are subtle, give these lovelies a try. I would definitely rebuy if I lost or broke this. The packaging is substantial although it will show fingerprints. There is also a nice little brush that is actually useful .
I use my own brushes but I could easily use this included brush for touch ups if I was out and about with this palette. The thing is, though, I have not needed touch-ups. Excellent buttery feel and tenacity.

on 9/9/2011 12:58:00 PM

This eyeshadow palette is for me. I love the synergy concept and it doesn't seem to crease and despite shimmery shadows with highlighters it actually doesn't sit in fine lines, seems to distract from them. Very nice selection of colours that suit my brown eyes and a nice size for my travel bag. The only downside is that it seems to break up a little too easily compared to other products I have travelled with and needs replacing before the product is half used but not over the top expensive, i do like it so will continue to repurchase.

on 11/26/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this palette, but I don't *love* it. Out of all the colors, I really only like half of 'em so far. (I still haven't used the last 2 on the far right- lilac and the deep plum. I will update once I have tried them.) But the quality of the eyeshadows is pretty good, and the pigmentation is excellent. I do find them a little chalky when I tap my MAC 252 brush on to pick up the color, but they apply nicely w/ little fallout, as long as I flick the excess off my brush before patting on my lids. But the color applies easily, and it lasts all day without creasing when worn over my usual eyeshadow base. I would try more eyeshadows by Anastasia because these are pretty good, I am just not all that crazy about the colors included in this palette. (I ordered this on Sephora.com with my club discount, that is why I didn't get to swatch the colors beforehand.)

on 9/9/2010 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great palette. Four pairs of complimentary shadows which make it fast and easy in the morning. All the colors are neutral, not too warm not too cool. There's a matte beige with shimmery champagne, medium shimmery pink with shimmery mauvey brown, pale shimmery pink with shimmery grayish brown, and shimmery lavender with shimmery eggplant purple. The shimmer is very subtle, no sparkles. Great for daily use. The texture is very smooth and easy to apply. Especially good for creating natural looks. Would definitely repurchase.

on 4/11/2010 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is an absolutely gorgeous palette. I bought it with a gift card, but I'm willing to pay for it myself in the future. As the review before me said, the colors include nude/peachy nude, rose gold/chocolate brown, pale pink/taupe and lilac/deep brownish purple. All these colors are powerful and strong against my pale skin and brown eyes, but they're not at all garish nor too bright. The formula is extremely silky and very easy to apply.

on 3/24/2010 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw this in Sephora and was intrigued enough to make an impulse purchase and I am glad I did! These are some of the nicest shadows I've tried in a long time! They are supposed to have a "youthful synergy complex" formulation with Balkan herbs of some kind - the hype put aside, they really do flatter the eye area and at my age, I am especially careful to stay away from shadows that call attention to wrinkles or crepiness. Younger eyes will like the pigmentation and long wear of these, also. I have tried Chanel, Dior, MAC, BB etc and these Anastasia shadows beat them all IMO. The palette is $40.00 for eight colors - nude/peachy nude, rose gold/chocolate brown, pale pink/taupe and lilac/deep brownish purple. They do not have names, just 1, 2, 3, etc. Some of the colors have shimmer, and there is a nice mix of warm and cool tones. Anyone warm or cool or any eye color should pull these off nicely. I am really impressed by the few products I've tried from Anastasia and look forward to trying more of them.