Clé de Peau Beauté Powder Foundation SPF 21

No Image

4.2

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 1.9%, Titanium Dioxide 3.3%, Inactive ingredients: Talc, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Barium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Bis-Behenyl/Phytosteryl Dimer Dilinoleate, Silica, Vinyl Dimethicone,/Methicone, Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Nylon 12, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopherol Acetate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Prunus Speciosa Leaf Extract, Rosa Roxburghii Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Triethoxysilyethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Triethoxysilyethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Polysilicone-2, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Water, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, BHT, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

This is my HG foundation. I love that it's a powder, but melts into a creamy luminous coverage after a few minutes. It looks as if it's light coverage, but you really have to wait a few minutes, since it melts into the skin and just looks perfect.

It's easy to carry, and the foundation lasts a LONG time. I've been using it every single day, and I have barely made a dent on it. I have both the sponge and the brush. The sponge gives better coverage, but the brush is also top notch, and gives slightly lighter coverage.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite foundation ever. I purchased this in 020 from galleria Seoul with both the little brush and the sponge.

It's impossible to get Cle De Peau in this shade in Sydney where I'm from, and I really regretted not buying it last time I was in Korea. I have oily skin with pigmentation and intermittent hormonal acne.

After moisturiser and a bit of Cle De Peau concealer, I take a little bit of the powder foundations the sponge and just blend it gently onto my skin then use the brush to buff it in.

The finish gives the face depth and adds a warmth to my skin. The whole face feels bathed in light and looks prettier. It covers imperfections and evens the colour. The staying power is also incredible. Doesn't budge.

I'm in love so much so, at first I used it really sparingly only on special occasions because it is so expensive (and hard to get) but I've gotten addicted to it and now have to wear it nearly every day. I've been doing this for a month and there isn't a dent in the cake!! I think it'll last me a while.

Other foundations I've re-bought (Chantecaille, Stila Poreless Putty, Hourglass) in the past don't come close to this underrated Cle De Peau gem.

on 8/16/2016 11:27:00 PM

I just switched to this foundation and I love it! The coverage is amazing and it looks so silky! During the day I use it alone and at night for going out on the town I'll put on EL double wear and put this over it and my face at 2am looks like it did when I put it on! It's super expensive I would not tell you to wear this daily but I think for going out and special Occasions it's worth it's.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I believe a lot of women are clouded by the popularity & hype of this brand. I was one of those women...

The foundation was $90....with tax.....without a compact. In the excitement of purchasing it, the price tag didn't hurt so much. Yet after I received it in the mail, I started thinking I was crazy. I am Asian, yellow-toned, and O20 was a good match for me (after hours of deliberation before I bought this).

What I hated was that you definitely need a sponge to apply this (which I never do because I dont like the cakey look, and my skin is too oily to pull it off). I normally use a kabuki brush to apply pressed powder foundation, and the CDP foundation was so light & airy, that with one stroke of the brush, there was foundation EVERYWHERE. To some people I guess that's a good thing.

As for the staying power, I admit it stayed well through my 8 hour workday & workout, didn't oxidize, nor break me out. Did I get shiny? Yes, but not more or less than usual.

In the end I had to return it because this works just as well as my COVERFX pressed powder, and COVERFX is good for my skin (supposedly) so why pay $60 more?

on 1/14/2013 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a GORGEOUS product. A little goes a long way, so even though it is very pricey, it is long lasting. The finish is beautiful, not overly dry but not shiny either. This is my new go-to powder. I love it!

on 11/28/2012 4:57:00 PM

I bought this about a month ago as an impulse purchase, and it has become my absolute FAVORITE foundation. I have always preferred powder foundations, as my skin gets a bit oily and any liquid I have tried makes my skin feel oily - and I find it a bit messier/takes longer to apply.

The Cle de Peau Powder Foundation is the perfect marriage between powder and liquid foundation. It's a powder, however, it seems to have a hint of cream or something in it which makes my skin look absolutely flawless and sets in really easily. I use this with the sponge that goes with it, and it applies really easily over moisturizer. Any other powder foundation I have tried I need to use it with a brush to be able to really blend it in, but not this.

If you have very oily skin, I recommend this maybe only in the winter months. But with combination skin on the oilier side - this will probably be great all year round.

The ONLY reason I gave this 4 vs. 5 lippies is because of the price. It is overly expensive. The powder itself is $90, and you have to buy the case - around $30 - seperatly (just a one time purchase). Still that is very expensive.

I will re-purchase however, because this powder seems to last me so much longer than my GA and Dolce powder foundations - so I guess in the end the price evens out. Still I don't think they should be charging you seperate for the case - it should come with the powder!

If you want a powder foundation that looks as flawless as liquid with buildable coverage, this is for you!

on 9/4/2012 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin and large pores. I love this powder foundation. I apply it dry with foundation brush. It keeps my face shine free. I top it with the loose face powder from Cle De Peau. I have light skin with a more orange tone than pink and I purchased the shade I10.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Disappointing for the high price. My skin is normal/dry and i used Chanel Vitalumiere before this. CDP offers more coverage and lasts longer than Chanel, but CDP's finish is too cakey and on days when my skin is drier, the powder settles into my pores and dry patches, making them more obvious. After using CDP, i've also had friends asking why my makeup is more cakey or not well blended. I never had that when I was wearing Chanel. Perhaps it may suit oilier skin types but it sure doesnt suit me & I'm not repurchasing.

on 11/8/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Finally! The perfect color match for me in O30. The powder is finely milled, very smooth when applied and not cakey. It has medium coverage which I covet. After 4-5 hours, it becomes blotchy, changes to sheer coverage and my normal shine comes through. I am extremely oily so I;m use to it. Its just that when I reapply during the day it cakes up. I am going to try it one more time with primer. I have been applying it over Evian spray. Update soon to follow.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I found this product disappointing. The product does not control oil: within an hour of application, oil is visible. It does not minimize pores. It might be my imagination, but it seems to make them more visible. The product does not last; four hours after application, you need to reapply. It didnt feel finely milled. Finally, it didnt really infuse with the skin; it seems to just sit on the surface. My rating is based on comparison with other high-end powder products. Note - I just purchased a refill and have no comment on the packaging quality.